GEORGE BEST

Started by Gaffer, December 05, 2008, 06:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaffer

See on the news this evening that Dicky Best decided that Georges stuff should be sold off and that his family are trying to raise the money to buy it rather than let it be scattered to fans all over the world.

George's sister was on TV appealing for help in the matter.

Seems to have been a split in the family. Pity to see if it is true.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

StGallsGAA

stuff?  like his house contents?

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

I fed up hearing about that man on the news.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

Quote from: ziggysego on December 05, 2008, 07:42:36 PM

prey tell Ziggy why?

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

slow corner back

I thought best was a legend as a player but possibly not the nicest person ever to walk the earth ( alcoholic wife beater ). A lot of our sporting idols are flawed , possibly all of them. However I am highly sus of the campaign to keep Georges stuff, what are the odds on an east belfast MLA suggesting a big investment to create a museum at the house in Cregagh using public money less than a week after pumping 100+ million into the titanic sized hole in the docks. Say what you like about Peter Robionson ( and I could say plenty ) but he knows how to manipulate the media and make investing in his constituency look like a public obligation.

cville

And that feckin sister of Best's is making a mint from him .. pity it took her 59 years to realise what a cash cow her bro was .

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on December 05, 2008, 07:46:47 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on December 05, 2008, 07:42:36 PM

prey tell Ziggy why?

No doubt he was an excellent player at soccer, but his personal life makes him a less and desireable role model in my eyes.
Testing Accessibility