Australian Working Holiday Visa

Started by the real slim shady, December 04, 2008, 02:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the real slim shady

Lads wonder could anyone help with this.

I travelled to Australia in 2000-2001 on a WHM Visa, but would like to go again. I see that a 2nd working holiday Visa as is now offered to current holders but you must have done 3 months seasonal work, if I had have known about this when I was last there then I would have done 3 months seasonal work to allow me obtain a 2nd Visa when I wanted to go back, but this was not a option back then, and I had no way of knowing that this would be brought in, I think this is very unfair for people who had the working holiday visa before they bought in these rules about having it extended.

Is there any way that I could be granted a 2nd visa without this seasonal work??

The only thing I can think of doing is when I first got my working holiday visa I travelled on an Irish passport, but I can apply for a British passport and I could apply for the working holiday visa with the British passport using a different address. I know that this is not allowed but what are the chances of being caught?? Do any of you know anything about the ins and outs of this, do customs/immigration do any kind of cross checks on this type of thing, as I'm sure they are aware that it can/is being done?  Also does anyone know of anyone that has done this and did they get through???

Cheers

bingobus

Not sure of the first issue but on the second I know one lad who changed his passport details. He only had a ROI one but changed the details into his Irish name etc. It worked in the past. After travelling South America he arrived in Oz and was arrested after questioning for trying to re-enter the country and lying on his VISA application.

He was held for 2 days and handcuffed onto a plane to London and was only released in London.

They obviously had some sort of cross reference but this may be due to new barcoding on ROI passports.

Prob doesn't answer your question but may be of some use.

Bud Wiser

I know the head honcho for Select Appointments so if you want to be fixed up with a job before you depart PM me and I will give you a contact name to look after you and get you a good position in Sydney, Melbourne, or wherever you are going to.  In Tasmania at the moment so if you are heading that direction it would be even easier.
Always look after our own, thats what I say !!
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

the real slim shady

Cheers Bud, kinda need to get sorted with a visa first!!! I can get a 12 month tourist visa but I am not allowed to work on it....would they be able to get me sponsorship???? ;-)

thebandit

Quote from: bingobus on December 04, 2008, 02:27:51 PM
Not sure of the first issue but on the second I know one lad who changed his passport details. He only had a ROI one but changed the details into his Irish name etc. It worked in the past. After travelling South America he arrived in Oz and was arrested after questioning for trying to re-enter the country and lying on his VISA application.

He was held for 2 days and handcuffed onto a plane to London and was only released in London.

They obviously had some sort of cross reference but this may be due to new barcoding on ROI passports.

Prob doesn't answer your question but may be of some use.

The thoughts of that man in handcuffs beggars belief!!!!

stephenite

I'd day you're screwed for a new working holiday visa - you could apply for sponsorship if you had a trade or any sort of IT skills. This is the Government website that should have all the info.

http://www.immi.gov.au/

You can get up to 4 years sponsorship, but obviously you can only wait the year if it's all you wanted to do.

the real slim shady

Yeah I can apply for a Perm Residency visa or state sponsoroship but it takes about year to get and there's no guarantee + its pretty f*uking expensive!!!!

stephenite

Quote from: the real slim shady on December 04, 2008, 09:36:35 PM
Yeah I can apply for a Perm Residency visa or state sponsoroship but it takes about year to get and there's no guarantee + its pretty f*uking expensive!!!!

Get onto any Aussie recruitment agency - if you've got the skills and they've got the jobs, they'll sponsor you and you just fly out. Worked for a lad I know that only arrived out 4 weeks ago

www.seek.com.au - this is one of the main recruitment websites that all the agencies use

Sizing Australia

Need help.

I'm thinking of going to Australia but I have some things which may deny me a visa but wondered if anyone knew for sure.
Bad points:
I have some credit card debt
I think my credit rating is poor due to the odd missed cc payment
I have a police caution on my record due to a stupid drunken night out

Good Points:
All things going well I will be a chartered accountant by November!
I'm under 30

I'm not here to be judged lol just would like some advice!

Thanks

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Sizing Australia on June 10, 2011, 10:01:03 AM
Need help.

I'm thinking of going to Australia but I have some things which may deny me a visa but wondered if anyone knew for sure.
Bad points:
I have some credit card debt
I think my credit rating is poor due to the odd missed cc payment
I have a police caution on my record due to a stupid drunken night out

Good Points:
All things going well I will be a chartered accountant by November!
I'm under 30

I'm not here to be judged lol just would like some advice!

Thanks

Don't think this will affect you for a working holiday visa, not sure about other visa types. I knew a Scottish girl who owed tens of thousands in the U.K., a Scottish bloke who owed €5,000 to a bank in Donegal.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Sizing Australia

Thanks Mayo - I wonder would the police caution count as criminal conviction? It would be a bit rich the australians refusing a criminal at this stage. LOL

muppet

Quote from: Sizing Australia on June 10, 2011, 12:13:17 PM
Thanks Mayo - I wonder would the police caution count as criminal conviction? It would be a bit rich the australians refusing a criminal at this stage. LOL

Friend of mine had a similar record after a night out.

They had no problem with the incident itself but because of it they did a comprehensive background check on him. They turned him down because of internet activity they dug up, calling them convicts and the like apparently.
MWWSI 2017

haranguerer

Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2011, 12:21:19 PM

They had no problem with the incident itself but because of it they did a comprehensive background check on him. They turned him down because of internet activity they dug up, calling them convicts and the like apparently.
Yeah - if 'Sizing Australia' is actually your name you're fucked...

Sizing Australia

Quote from: haranguerer on June 10, 2011, 12:34:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 10, 2011, 12:21:19 PM

Yeah - if 'Sizing Australia' is actually your name you're fucked...

LMAO! very good. right well hopefully i'll get in a few months! Thanks for the advice.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Its 100% not a criminal conviction and if asked whether you have any criminal convictions you are fully entitled to reply in the negative.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead