Liverpool Players supporting Michael Shields

Started by StGallsGAA, December 04, 2008, 08:51:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Having read it all I'd guess that everyone, including Michel Sheils is telling lies of some sort.   If he didn't drop the slab he probbaly knows who did and wasn't as far removed from the whole thing as he & his family are making out.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: StGallsGAA on December 05, 2008, 04:05:13 PM
Having read it all I'd guess that everyone, including Michel Sheils is telling lies of some sort.   If he didn't drop the slab he probbaly knows who did and wasn't as far removed from the whole thing as he & his family are making out.
I agree...As I said there is no smoke without fire,I doubt he is as innocent as the Kop would have you believe..
Personally I don't care that he's a Liverpool fan it makes no odds to me...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

North Longford

Know very little about the case and haven't a clue whether he is innocent or not but UTB thats a ridiculous statement...............
QuoteWhat has being next to him in a hotel room got to do with anything? That is a non-point.

It would infer that they were known to one another and creates an association as to why they would attack the barman together.

I have been in multitudes of hotels and I would safely say unless the person in the next room was actually part of my group I would never have a clue who they were nor would I care.
You get a room next door to a complete stranger in a hotel so you are likely to get to know them and subsequently beat the pulp out of a stranger. You really have a chance in the Bulgarian law system!

corn02

Agrred Longford, werid point.

Laoislad, that's the crux of it. He could be the man behind the attack but then again he could be 100% innocent and despite the bad procedural ways of the courts, there seems to be a strong possibilty that he is 100% innocent, no smoke without fire is a dangerous cliche to use in this matter.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on December 05, 2008, 04:19:12 PM

Laoislad, that's the crux of it. He could be the man behind the attack but then again he could be 100% innocent and despite the bad procedural ways of the courts, there seems to be a strong possibilty that he is 100% innocent, no smoke without fire is a dangerous cliche to use in this matter.

Maybe it is,but in my opinion I doubt he is either 100% innocent or 100% guilty...I do think he played some part or knows something,I find it hard to believe he was arrested and thrown in jail and is completely innocent,thats why i use that cliche.
To be honest I think the players should stay out of it..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2008, 04:24:16 PM

Maybe it is,but in my opinion I doubt he is either 100% innocent or 100% guilty...I do think he played some part or knows something,I find it hard to believe he was arrested and thrown in jail and is completely innocent,thats why i use that cliche.

That's your opinion, fair enough. But I do think it is churlish to say that he had to be involved somewhere.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on December 05, 2008, 04:27:30 PM

That's your opinion, fair enough. But I do think it is churlish to say that he had to be involved somewhere.

I just find it hard to believe he wasn't involved somewhere along the line even if its only that he knows who did do it.
I could be totally wrong I know and if I am then fair enough I hope justice is done and he is released,but I just can't help but think he is not as innocent as his supporters would have you believe..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2008, 04:34:09 PM

I just find it hard to believe he wasn't involved somewhere along the line even if its only that he knows who did do it.
I could be totally wrong I know and if I am then fair enough I hope justice is done and he is released,but I just can't help but think he is not as innocent as his supporters would have you believe..

A good post. There are a lot of Pool fans proclaiming his innocence just because of who he is, which is obviously crazy. Hopefully justice, one way or the other, is served. And I really do hope I am right in thinking he is innocent, otherwise my faith in humanity drops yet again.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on December 05, 2008, 04:38:30 PM

A good post. There are a lot of Pool fans proclaiming his innocence just because of who he is, which is obviously crazy. Hopefully justice, one way or the other, is served. And I really do hope I am right in thinking he is innocent, otherwise my faith in humanity drops yet again.

As I said I don't care who he supports or where he's from,why should anyone? What has it got to do with Liverpool FC   ??? f**k all if you ask me and I do think the players should stay away from it
If Fred West had of been a Liverpool fan would Liverpool fans have claimed he was innocent?
I don't see what any of this has got to do with soccer or Liverpool FC.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2008, 04:43:35 PM

As I said I don't care who he supports or where he's from,why should anyone? What has it got to do with Liverpool FC   ??? f**k all if you ask me and I do think the players should stay away from it
If Fred West had of been a Liverpool fan would Liverpool fans have claimed he was innocent?
I don't see what any of this have got to do with soccer or Liverpool FC.

A Liverpool fan, from a Liverpool-supporting family. A man who was on his trip to Istanbul when this happened, I think it has quite a lot to do with Liverpool FC.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on December 05, 2008, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on December 05, 2008, 04:43:35 PM

I don't see what any of this have got to do with soccer or Liverpool FC.

A Liverpool fan, from a Liverpool-supporting family. A man who was on his trip to Istanbul when this happened, I think it has quite a lot to do with Liverpool FC.

Sorry corn but I just can't buy into that way of thinking.
I'm sure there are plenty of people who regularly attend Liverpool matches every week who are involved in and have committed a crime and pleaded innocence,it doesn't mean Liverpool FC should be associated with it..

I don't see what it has got to do with Liverpool..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bingobus

The basis for Liverpool fc getting involved is prob to do with requests from family and those involved with the campaign. The SOS have taken a big interest in it and that would lead to more involvement from fans and the local players such as Carra who would have ties with SOS. I am sure that they have satisfied themselves that he has a strong case and are willing to back his case for his beenfit. The Bishop of Liverpool has also backed his case, should be getting involved. From his familys point of view the higher profile they can get for him the better. There is obviously a link to LFC and if both sides are happy to do so, it isn't our place from afar to judge them on it.

As for Shields knowing more than he is saying, it may be a case that as far as he is concerned Sankey did it. It may also be acse of protecting his family, who have been victims of intimidation over the last year as the case as progressed. This included the burning of the family car outside their home and threats to his sister on a regular basis.

stevo-08

Im not going to say much more on this but for those interested, below are links to both the ITV & BBC documentarys. Both are worth watching - the ITV one explores the police investigation and for me, confirms that the case should have been thrown out. Again, Im not saying Shield's is innocent of the crime. The BBC one has some interesting interviews including one with the Bulgarian Georgiev, who is absolutely certain it was Shields. Interestingly, the BBC documentary shows footage of an MP reading a statement from thompson claiming it was Shankey who dropped the slab on Georgiev, which conflicts with the statements quoted on this thread. Make of that, what you will.

Anyway, I believe the high court have reserved judgement on Shield's request for a pardon, so the saga continues.

ITV Documentary - The Forgotten Fan
Part 1: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia2F0n5WUTI
Part 2: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0zFPX9-jPDE
Part 3: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V8otoaGxSqU
Part 4: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gzG1nEg8pcQ

BBCs Inside Out Documentary
Part 1: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h7E5aTqP76Y
Part 2: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gtFIspCPvFA
Part 3: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OyX3SKczY

StGallsGAA

Whoever it was that stated Georgiev is only certain it was Shileds to make sure of the compensation is no better than the person who threw the paving slab in my eyes.

Capt Pat

That is a farce lads. 4 witnesses pick him out of a 4 man line up with 3 bulgarians and 1 scouser. They pick out the scouser. Of these 4 witnesses 2 of them say Shields threw the rock and 2 initially say he threw the punch. He can't be both of these people, therefore he can't have been either of these people.