Hugh Orde deflects once again!!!

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, December 03, 2008, 11:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Blast bombs found near BMX track 

Four blast bomb-type devices have been found during a security operation in south Belfast, the police have said.

It began when a suspicious object was discovered near a BMX track in Bentham Drive off the Donegall Road on Tuesday.

Further searches are to take place on Wednesday. Rail services were disrupted for a time due to the alert, but have returned to normal.

Chief Constable Sir Hugh Orde said the Troubles were over, but that dissident republican activity remained a concern.

"Their determination to kill a police officer remains, our determination to stop that is of a far higher order," he said.

He said dissidents threatening people who work with police showed how low they were prepared "to sink" and described them as "thugs and bullies".

Four blast bombs found in the heart of the loyalist "village" area (Jackie McDonalds fiefdom btw) and all Hugh Orde can comment on are dissident republicans!!

I await all the condemnation from the unionist politicians also.  ::)

Tbc....

Rois

Was that reported in an article?  Because if so, it was taken out of context, he wasn't referring specifically to the devices found in the Village, he was talking about threats in general, and was subsequently asked about the specifics. 

I heard him interviewed on Radio Ulster this morning, so I presume that's a BBC article.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rois on December 03, 2008, 12:01:23 PM
Was that reported in an article?  Because if so, it was taken out of context, he wasn't referring specifically to the devices found in the Village, he was talking about threats in general, and was subsequently asked about the specifics. 

I heard him interviewed on Radio Ulster this morning, so I presume that's a BBC article.

Its from the BBC alright.
I haven't heard Orde condemn loyalists in a long time, seems preoccupied with a very small group of people whose main recent contribution to the "cause" has been to hijack and burn a couple of vehicles at a roundabout in Lurgan.
Tbc....

Maguire01

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 03, 2008, 12:18:41 PM

I haven't heard Orde condemn loyalists in a long time, seems preoccupied with a very small group of people whose main recent contribution to the "cause" has been to hijack and burn a couple of vehicles at a roundabout in Lurgan.

I think his main focus is on those trying to kill his officers. Is that not the case?

Tony Baloney

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7761981.stm

Loyalist paramilitaries were responsible for four blast bombs found near a BMX track in south Belfast, police have said.

A security operation began on Tuesday when a suspicious object was discovered in Bentham Drive off Donegall Road.

Police did not say which loyalist group they thought was responsible.

They condemned those who left the devices near where children could be playing and have appealed to the public for information.

The Army carried out a controlled explosion during the alert, which was also near a railway line.

Railway services were disrupted for a time but have now returned to normal.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on December 03, 2008, 01:03:58 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on December 03, 2008, 12:18:41 PM

I think his main focus is on those trying to kill his officers. Is that not the case?

No the case is that Orde when continually faced with "loyalist incidents" falls back on this "dissident threat" condemnation, instead of condemning and actively persuing these loyalist groups and individuals.
Tbc....

nifan

Did he actually say this comment in response to a question about the loyalist bombs?
It reads quite disjointed.
Id like to hear the interview.