Best gaelic football players from the weaker counties over the last 25 years?

Started by Smell the glove, December 02, 2008, 01:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leenie

Louth, killkenny Carlow, Longford, Waterford, Limerick and London have never had a football all star award winner since they were first awarded in 1971.........with carlow killkenny london longford and waterford never winning an all lireland so i'd say these counties are could be considered the weakest!

i wouldn't consider (nor would armagh) wexford or fermanagh weak!

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

RedandGreenSniper

Barring his faux pas there I'd have to side with Screenexile. Smell the glove is doing a good job of stirring though, trying to redefine the term 'weaker county' to gloat about pretty much anyone not from Tyrone. And we're taking the bait too! Leenie's definition is on the money
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: leenie on December 02, 2008, 03:11:48 PM
Louth, killkenny Carlow, Longford, Waterford, Limerick and London have never had a football all star award winner since they were first awarded in 1971.........with carlow killkenny london longford and waterford never winning an all lireland so i'd say these counties are could be considered the weakest!

Hang on a minute. Louth are more recent All-Ireland winners than Mayo and Roscommon. Justice for the wee county. ;D

Onion Bag

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 02, 2008, 03:12:58 PM
Barring his faux pas there I'd have to side with Screenexile. Smell the glove is doing a good job of stirring though, trying to redefine the term 'weaker county' to gloat about pretty much anyone not from Tyrone. And we're taking the bait too! Leenie's definition is on the money

Well as i have said Tyrone would have to go into the Weaker bracket then as well, because they have only won 3 All Irelands in the past 25 years, its not exactly setting the world alight,

Kerry would have to be in the strong bracket on their own  
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Smell the glove

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 02, 2008, 02:58:29 PM
Quote from: Smell the glove on December 02, 2008, 02:52:18 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on December 02, 2008, 02:47:25 PM
Steven O Neill - Tyrone
Tyrone not a weaker county.

Dont know smell the glove, i mean like 3 all irelands in 25 years its not exactly brilliant,

I think we would have to put them in the weaker county bracket also,

25 years is a long time

Roll of honour from last 25 all ireland championships

Kerry 8
Meath 4
Tyrone 3
Cork 2
Down 2
Galway 2
Armagh 1
Derry 1
Donegal 1
Dublin 1

Tyrone are the third most successful county of the last 25 years.All counties with at least two all ireland wins have made an impact on gaelic football in the modern era following up their first success unlike the four teams with just one,like an unfashionable club team that shocks everyone winning the senior club title in their county before dropping like a stone again.Its no surprise three of the four have only this one championship since 1887,the same as a one hit wonder in pop music.A bit like Steve Brookestien,Basshunter or Crazy Frog.

screenexile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on December 02, 2008, 03:18:32 PM
Quote from: leenie on December 02, 2008, 03:11:48 PM

Hang on a minute. Louth are more recent All-Ireland winners than Mayo and Roscommon. Justice for the wee county. ;D

:D :D I second that motion!

Smell the glove

Quote from: screenexile on December 02, 2008, 03:11:37 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

You can keep waiting if you think I'm apologising for that... you seem to think I've hijacked this thread to proclaim Derry as the best team in the land. We're far from it I'm just saying that we are far from being a 'weaker' County!
Youve just shit yourself that like your own county,youve been shown up as not being as big as you think you are.

SidelineKick

Smell the glove??? Smell the shit more like, jesus you're some tool!

Exile you better watch yourself, apologise now!!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

full back

Quote from: Smell the glove on December 02, 2008, 02:50:58 PM
Non weaker counties worry only about Sam Maguire.Armagh are a weaker county.

::)
Smells like a hoganstand poster

Onion Bag

Quote from: Smell the glove on December 02, 2008, 03:19:38 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on December 02, 2008, 02:58:29 PM
Quote from: Smell the glove on December 02, 2008, 02:52:18 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on December 02, 2008, 02:47:25 PM
Steven O Neill - Tyrone
Tyrone not a weaker county.

Dont know smell the glove, i mean like 3 all irelands in 25 years its not exactly brilliant,

I think we would have to put them in the weaker county bracket also,

25 years is a long time

Roll of honour from last 25 all ireland championships

Kerry 8
Meath 4
Tyrone 3
Cork 2
Down 2
Galway 2
Armagh 1
Derry 1
Donegal 1
Dublin 1

Tyrone are the third most successful county of the last 25 years.All counties with at least two all ireland wins have made an impact on gaelic football in the modern era following up their first success unlike the four teams with just one,like an unfashionable club team that shocks everyone winning the senior club title in their county before dropping like a stone again.Its no surprise three of the four have only this one championship since 1887,the same as a one hit wonder in pop music.A bit like Steve Brookestien,Basshunter or Crazy Frog.

Smelltheglove,

I think outside of this band of teams would probably be considered the weaker teams then, they have all made an impact in that era,

Smell the glove

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 02, 2008, 03:12:58 PM
Just because derry got a single championship in 1993 and done f**k all since and judging by your username,the only mayo teams that can be considered not to be weak is if the players have got no penis,does not allow you to take a huff.

Kerry,Meath,Tyrone,Cork,Down and Galway are the big counties of the modren era of gaelic football.Everyone else has either shit themselves on the big stage or have just been one hit wonders that most weaker counties can achieve at some point before going back to obscurity like a small club winning or reaching thier first county final in 30 or 40 years and then doing nothing for the next 20 or 30 years other than talk about it in pubs and maybe get to a couple of semis getting well beaten.

In life there are many weak and only a few strong.This is my list of weaker counties judged by thier all ireland record from 1984.

Ulster

Antrim
Armagh
Cavan
Derry
Donegal
Fermanagh
Monaghan

Connacht

Leitrim
Mayo
Roscommon
Sligo

Munster

Clare
Limerick
Tipperary
Waterford

Leinster

Carlow
Dublin
Kildare
Kilkenny
Laois
Longford
Louth
Offaly
Westmeath
Wexford
Wicklow

full back

I certainly wouldnt class the last 25 years as the modern era of Gaelic Football
What are you basing the 'modern era' on smell the gee?

Onion Bag

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on December 02, 2008, 03:37:48 PM
Lads why are you indulging with this Tom Fool. ??? :D

I know he has only made 13 posts and manged to wind everyone up already,