BBC Sports Personality 2008 - The GAABoard Votes!

Started by Franko, December 02, 2008, 01:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner?

Rebecca Adlington
6 (12.8%)
Ben Ainslie
0 (0%)
Joe Calzaghe
17 (36.2%)
Nicole Cooke
0 (0%)
Lewis Hamilton
12 (25.5%)
Chris Hoy
7 (14.9%)
Andy Murray
4 (8.5%)
Christine Ohuruogu
1 (2.1%)
Rebecca Romero
0 (0%)
Bradley Wiggins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 47

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

Minder

Why have people voted for Calzaghe? He beat two boxers (hopkins,who he struggled against and Jones) who were well past their prime.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

TacadoirArdMhacha

Think Adlington should get it myself. 2 gold medals in swimming is more impressive than winning F1 (where only 5 or 6 people are actually contenders due to the cars) and swimming is a more popular sport than cycling with more competition so I'd go for her ahead of Hoy.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Franko

Quote from: Minder on December 02, 2008, 05:16:26 PM
Why have people voted for Calzaghe? He beat two boxers (hopkins,who he struggled against and Jones) who were well past their prime.

I think if Calzaghe were to get it then it would be more to honour a career's achievements in boxing rather than the specifics of this year's bouts.  But then again I suppose he maybe got that award last year?

The only reason I dont want Hamilton to take it is because I couldn't stand the sight of that father of his standing beside him trying to get a piece of the limelight again.. I cant stand the man....!! >:(

TacadoirArdMhacha

So Hoy got it in the end, as predicted by 13.3% of us.

Decent show. Was anybody else surprised to see how pivotal a role Big Jack played in bobby's award? Obviously there must have been some sort of reconcilliation since the remarks Jack made in his autobiography.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Doogie Browser

Big Jack was overcome with emotion or maybe Scouse hospitality, but I bet Bobby gets pissed off at the constant 'wor kids' he gets from Jack. 
You have to hand it to the Beeb though they always put on a good show and do it so much better than anyone else, Irishman Niall Sloane is their head of sport I think.

ziggysego

At the bottom of the thread, there is a banner for "Popular Pricks. # 1 Social Network Site"

Just saying is all...
Testing Accessibility

FermPundit

Quote from: Doogie Browser on December 14, 2008, 11:10:27 PM
Big Jack was overcome with emotion or maybe Scouse hospitality, but I bet Bobby gets pissed off at the constant 'wor kids' he gets from Jack. 
You have to hand it to the Beeb though they always put on a good show and do it so much better than anyone else, Irishman Niall Sloane is their head of sport I think.

Yeah, I remember reading this a few weeks ago. He's from Portadown I think.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Tony Baloney

Bit of an upset in the end with Hamilton not winning. Despite the tubes on here thinking Calzaghe had a chance it was always going to be some arrangement of the two Olympians and Hamilton.

Hoy seems a decent spud and I don't think many will begrudge him the win.