Season Ticket: Tyrone - Harte and Soul

Started by never kickt a ball, December 01, 2008, 11:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

What was the name of the boy that cleared of to the States after the Down defeat?

bigfrank

Martin swift (killyclogher) you talkin about maybe

Donagh

Quote from: bigfrank on December 04, 2008, 04:16:59 PM
Martin swift (killyclogher) you talkin about maybe

Thanks Frank, I must have been thinking of someone else - thought he had a 'Mc' in his name.

D4S

Didn't get to see the show last night as I was out, but I have it sky plused so really lookin forward to getting to watch it tonight after reading everyones comments sounds like it was a great show!!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

goldenyears

Excellent programme from the BBC last night, shows what amazing work has been done in Tyrone at all levels on and off the field - a model well worth looking at. It pains me to see just how far Down are behind this cohesive structure and strategy.............M Harte comes across as a gentleman and a brilliant coach/man manager with the utmost respect from his playing staff and peers.

I do have to take issue with this comment from Pangurban -

Quote from: Pangurban on December 03, 2008, 11:35:49 PM
Another interesting contrast is the respect and veneration of Mickey Harte compared to the rather shabby treatment of Pete Mc Grath who delivered 2 A/is to the Mournes. Interestingly he shared many of Hartes personality streaks, quiet,introspective, and very loyal to his players. There are lessons there somewhere

M Harte is rightly respected and venerated in Tyrone and further afield as he has kept them in the top 5 counties in Ireland over almost a ten year period - Pete diluted his standing and legacy within the county and the game by continuing to manage a county that had slipped far from the top - had he left earlier his standing would be much greater than what it is. Furthermore, I dont believe Pete had anywhere near the same level of man management skills that Harte seems to have

EC Unique

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 04, 2008, 02:42:24 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on December 04, 2008, 02:17:43 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on December 04, 2008, 02:14:04 PM
Well done Ziggy and maybe that's what we all should be doing.

The more positive feedback they get the more the ammunition we give the GAA men in the BBC to use to get more coverage.

Was happy with Stevie's contribution. Thought he spoke well and came across very honest and genuine.
I'd say he can't wait for the lights in Croker on 31st Jan and I heard from the grape vine that Mugsy has got his own personal trainer now and is on a mission to give it one last push next year.

Can you imagine a team like

Devine/Pascal
Ricey
Justy
Gourley/Quinn
Davey
Conor
Jordan
McGinley
Joey
Tommy McG
Brian McG
Dooher/Mulgrew
Stevie
Sean
McCullagh

If what you are saying about Mugsy is true and he finds form again I would expect him to take 15 away from McCullagh. I would also like to see sean back in Midfield..

The man is only after winning POY from Full forward, why the hell would you like to see him back in the middle of the park,

Because MF is where he is most comfortable and where he plays is best football. If SON makes it back to form then we have no need for 2 POY full fowards when one of them is a natural midfielder.. Also if he goes to MF we can bring in one of the other quality fowards off the bench..

Puckoon

*********** If anyone has this copied Id love to get my hands on one as I dont think BBC will broadcast it outside the UK on the internet***********

sam03/05

Fuzzman

I'm always stating this fact but it never ceases to amaze me how winning the AI sends one camp into positive spin and the others into a big what are we doing so wrong spin.

It was the same back in 2003 in the weeks after the AI final. A lot of media attention focussed on Tyrone's training methods, huge strength in depth, great underage setup and various other factors.

Then we had the years of injuries and setbacks with Cormac and Brian McGuigan and of course losing Peter.
In the years we didn't get close to Sam there was no talk of what a great set up we have in place and each year Kerry are the masters
At the start of this year it was all about the Dubs again and how there time has surely come again.

I don't disagree with all the positives that program was stating last night but I think its critical to have a manager and players etc to be able so get accross the finish line no matter what cos nobody remembers who came 2nd.

If Packie had not saved that shot near the end and Kerry had won we would now be talking of how Kerry have transformed again into a strong physical team that adapted to beat armagh and Tyrone and how traditional style football has won out after all.

People have short memories but I think Mickey Harte has shown that he is very single minded and doesn't give a damn what a lot of detractors say about his methods.
it was certainly interesting to me how he came up with that tactic this year of trying to drag players off to one wing or another and thus leaving massive spaces up the centre channels as Joe Brolly said for the wing backs or others to arrive late and have an easy score.

Has anyone worked out how many scores were from play this year and how many from frees.
Surely it must be the lowest freekick count of a winning AI team.

MoyMan

Quote from: sam03/05 on December 04, 2008, 05:29:25 PM
can this be downloaded from iplayer??

Well Lads, dont get on this often. I missed the show last night too but found that this link is showing it at the min.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/season_ticket/7764318.stm

Puckoon

Got to watch the first 12 minutes there moyman before BBC cut me off.

Thanks for posting the link - great stuff.

Now - anyone with a copy!?

ONeill

I thought it was a oul load of sycophantic nonsense.

He'll be an oul balax if we lose the first league match.

Remember Palm Sunday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tyrone Dreamer

Will be interesting to see how long it will be before a section of the Tyrone fans turn on Harte again. I think he will get next year off - cant see anybody calling for his head until at least the following year.

We definately did have this kind of talk about Tyrone going on too dominate etc after 2003 and 2005. I just hope next season the key players remain injury free and we get a good chance at defending the title.

ziggysego

Well ONeill, you were never a fan now were you.
Testing Accessibility

under the bar

Mickey Harte could probably coach Mickey Joe Harte to winning the Eurovision...and the X factor...and Donegal's got Talent!