Season Ticket: Tyrone - Harte and Soul

Started by never kickt a ball, December 01, 2008, 11:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rois

Liked the few shots of the Club Tyrone ball  ;D

A presbyterian ruby-playing colleague of mine came over to talk about it this morning.  He was incredibly impressed with the emphasis on youth structures, the schools and underage success and the proposed Garvaghey development.  

5 Sams

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 04, 2008, 10:47:01 AM
Watched it with my father in law last night, a Donegal man, but a big Tyrone fan these days.

We were both taken aback by Cavanagh's comments where he said Harte told him at the start of the year that he would be his new Star FF and Sean laughed and said NO way Mickey I wanna play at MF. I can't recall the exact words but did Mickey say you'll play where your told?

He told Cavanagh that he was going to be this years All Star Full Forward and they were going to win Sam....some belief... :o

It looks good for Tyrone alright.....as long as they don't run up against Down again ;)
The Aristocrat Years

Fuzzman

Some belief alright but in fairness to Mickey he keeps it very simple

He said on an RTE interview this year that if you believe in yourself you have some chance of being successful but If you go into campaigns not believing you're the best or you MIGHT win then you've a much less chance of winning.

So Simple but so true.
Confidence can often be mis-interpretated by others who love to see you fall and so say you're too cocky but lets face it.
Ever year Kerry Believe they will win the AI and that ethos soaks into the players, fans and even us "neutrals" so they've already got an edge

I think Mickey's motivational skills have really come to the fore this year and this is why other athletes are asking for his help now too.

ziggysego

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 04, 2008, 11:18:11 AM
What about the wee boy in MUSA who was about 8, he looked some player!

Yeah, my Dad and I were commenting on him last night too. Fantastic wee footballer.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 04, 2008, 12:00:15 PM
He said on an RTE interview this year that if you believe in yourself you have some chance of being successful but If you go into campaigns not believing you're the best or you MIGHT win then you've a much less chance of winning.

We had a new Parish Priest that came to Greencastle last August. In January he said to Mickey at a Pioneer's Luncheon that he has never seen Tyrone play in an All-Ireland Final. Mickey promised the Priest there and then that he would this year and whats more, Sam was coming back with them.

That's some belief!
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 04, 2008, 12:00:15 PM
Some belief alright but in fairness to Mickey he keeps it very simple

So Simple but so true.
Confidence can often be mis-interpretated by others who love to see you fall and so say you're too cocky but lets face it.
Ever year Kerry Believe they will win the AI and that ethos soaks into the players, fans and even us "neutrals" so they've already got an edge

I think Mickey's motivational skills have really come to the fore this year and this is why other athletes are asking for his help now too.

This is the one thing I have always put an emphasis on.  You can have the best 15 players in Ireland on your team but if they do not want to win and want to play then they will go nowhere.  Believe it or not Derry have an exceptional panel of players but nobody can get the best out of them.  Some who are regulars feel their place is secure while others who are subs are happy to go along for the ride, get the gear and tell people they are on the panel.

You could put any one of the subs on Tyrones bench on in place of the starting player and have the same confidence in him. Why? Because he is pushing himself, he wants to play for his county and most of all he wants to win with his county.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 04, 2008, 11:18:11 AM
Good show, liked the song at the end.
What about the wee boy in MUSA who was about 8, he looked some player!

Tom Baxter - Better.   Bored so just did a search for it!

In your Endo!

ziggysego

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 04, 2008, 12:09:02 PM
Believe it or not Derry have an exceptional panel of players but nobody can get the best out of them.

I agree with you there, which I why I always felt Tony Scullion should have got the job. However, as a Tyrone man I'm glad he didn't ;)
Testing Accessibility

thejuice

Its not in the ST archive on the BBC website? Too soon?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ziggysego

Sent an email to the BBC NI Sports department congratulating them on the wonderful programme last night and this is the type of programme they should be making.
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

Well done Ziggy and maybe that's what we all should be doing.

The more positive feedback they get the more the ammunition we give the GAA men in the BBC to use to get more coverage.

Was happy with Stevie's contribution. Thought he spoke well and came across very honest and genuine.
I'd say he can't wait for the lights in Croker on 31st Jan and I heard from the grape vine that Mugsy has got his own personal trainer now and is on a mission to give it one last push next year.

Can you imagine a team like

Devine/Pascal
Ricey
Justy
Gourley/Quinn
Davey
Conor
Jordan
McGinley
Joey
Tommy McG
Brian McG
Dooher/Mulgrew
Stevie
Sean
McCullagh

EC Unique

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 04, 2008, 02:14:04 PM

The more positive feedback they get the more the ammunition we give the GAA men in the BBC to use to get more coverage.

Was happy with Stevie's contribution. Thought he spoke well and came across very honest and genuine.
I'd say he can't wait for the lights in Croker on 31st Jan and I heard from the grape vine that Mugsy has got his own personal trainer now and is on a mission to give it one last push next year.

Devine/Pascal
Ricey
Justy
Gourley/Quinn
Davey
Conor
Jordan
McGinley
Joey
Tommy McG
Brian McG
Dooher/Mulgrew
Stevie
Sean
McCullagh

If what you are saying about Mugsy is true and he finds form again I would expect him to take 15 away from McCullagh. I would also like to see sean back in Midfield..

Onion Bag

Quote from: EC Unique on December 04, 2008, 02:17:43 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on December 04, 2008, 02:14:04 PM

Devine/Pascal
Ricey
Justy
Gourley/Quinn
Davey
Conor
Jordan
McGinley
Joey
Tommy McG
Brian McG
Dooher/Mulgrew
Stevie
Sean
McCullagh

If what you are saying about Mugsy is true and he finds form again I would expect him to take 15 away from McCullagh. I would also like to see sean back in Midfield..

The man is only after winning POY from Full forward, why the hell would you like to see him back in the middle of the park,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Final Whistle

put him in full back. he would probably do the business there as well!!!

Onion Bag

Hats, Flags and Head Bands!