Season Ticket: Tyrone - Harte and Soul

Started by never kickt a ball, December 01, 2008, 11:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never kickt a ball

Season Ticket Special

Season Ticket takes a close look at Tyrone GAA and why they have been so successful (BBC1 NI, 3 December, 2235 GMT). The Red Hands made it three All-Ireland title in the six years after defeating Kerry in the September final and with the Minors also winning the All-Ireland title Thomas Kane looks at how the talent appears to be streaming through. Featured in Tyrone - Harte and Soul are manager Mickey Harte and the legendary Peter Canavan as well as the game's current top player Sean Cavanagh. They will be taking a close look at the structures and work that goes on behind the scenes for the benefit of gaelic football within the county. The programme reflects on their achievement and asks is this the start of a dynasty? What drives the management team and why is GAA more popular than any other sport in the county?

http://www.tyronegaa.ie/countyboard/news/story.jsp?newsid=712

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/season_ticket/7753189.stm

T Fearon

Yawn. An in depth analysis into why the cant be consistent for two consecutive seasons, and defeats to mediocrities like Laois and Meath in 2006 and 2007, would be more appropriate. GAA Dynasty my arse

EC Unique

Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2008, 09:24:28 AM
Yawn. An in depth analysis into why the cant be consistent for two consecutive seasons, and defeats to mediocrities like Laois and Meath in 2006 and 2007, would be more appropriate. GAA Dynasty my arse

Good man Tony, your taking the bait :D

orangeman

thejuice

Any of these Tyrone lads getting a local nomination for BBC Personality of the year. Didnt Canavan win it for NI in 2005?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

EC Unique

thejuice

Well whenever it was. The question still remains, any of the current bunch?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

haranguerer

Season Ticket takes a close look at Tyrone GAA and why they have been so successful (BBC1 NI, 3 December, 2235 GMT). The Red Hands made it three All-Ireland title in the six years after defeating Kerry in the September final and with the Minors also winning the All-Ireland title Thomas Kane looks at how the talent appears to be streaming through. Featured in Tyrone - Harte and Soul are manager Mickey Harte and the legendary Peter Canavan as well as the game's current top player Sean Cavanagh. They will be taking a close look at the structures and work that goes on behind the scenes for the benefit of gaelic football within the county. The programme reflects on their achievement and asks is this the start of a dynasty? What drives the management team and why is GAA more popular than any other sport in the county?

[/quote]

This is bound to be no good...

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on December 02, 2008, 09:24:28 AM

1 in 7

or

3 in 6

I know which I like best.
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

ziggysego

I never claimed it to be a dynasty. Only Kerry can rightly hold that title.

I just stated that Tyrone's return in the All-Ireland is better than Armagh's.

Surely you're not defending Armagh Sidelink...  :o
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

As a Derry man I can't really afford to get involved in a full blown argument about success this decade!

I therefore surrender.

Reported.

ziggysego

Derry? What made me think you're a Down man?
Testing Accessibility

SidelineKick

I don't know but I'm very insulted by that  :D

I suppose at least we do have one trophy to "celebrate" this year.

Reported.

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back