Brian Óg - Give Blood

Started by bailestil, December 01, 2008, 10:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bailestil

Can i just make a quick note here about Blood Donation.
Steelstown and Derry Minor Brian Óg McKeever, from Steelstown GAC, Derry, died on 8th November 2008 after battling Leukemia over the previous 7 months.

Can i ask that everyone who is able to, to give blood as often as they can.
The family have organised a blood donation session at the steelstown clubhouse on 15th December 2008. Anyone who is in the Derry area would be welcome to come along. But if not, visit http://www.nibts.org.uk or http://www.giveblood.ie and find out your nearest donation session.

I would ask you all take time to read Joe Brolly's recent article on Brian Og
Steelstown's Finest - Brian Og McKeever - Joe Brolly

As a tribute, at the recent AGM Steelstown GAC Derry will now be called Steelstown Brian Óg's GAC.

stiffler

Great idea, id like to see more gaa clubs open their halls, car parks facilities etc to these mobile blood transfer units.

The more people donating blood the better.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

thebandit

Joe Brolly's article would bring a tear to a stone. RIP Brian.

thejuice

RIP poor lad. Awful to hear of a young lad passing away like that.

I cant access that link of Joe Brolly's article, would like to read it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

fitzroyalty

touching tribute by the club to rename in his honour. Such a sad story, really puts things in perspective..Go ndéana Dia trócaire ar a hanam

bailestil

thejuice - try the link now, fixed now.

Fear ón Srath Bán

RIP Brian Óg, a mighty cruel blow.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

orangeman

I've heard that he was a great talent - RIP

imtommygunn

Gees that's awful. RIP.

Also nice to see that when it comes down to it rivalries don't matter. Nice gesture from Mickey Harte etc.

Doire abú

A nice touch by the club, and is a really catchy name to boot!!

Very emotional article,and it really shows the class of Brolly, Mickey Harte, Brian Dooher and Cuthbert Donnelly.

Yes I Would

A very fitting tribute by the club.  So sad but his young life will surely provide inspiration to many. RIP

Our Nail Loney

Very sad story, I had to hold back the tears reading Brollys article in the Gaelic Life the ohter week

Great idea from the club there

thejuice

Quote from: bailestil on December 01, 2008, 10:35:48 PM
thejuice - try the link now, fixed now.

thanks

very touching article
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Smell the glove

A touching article.Sad to see a boy so talented taken away so young.

Doogie Browser

A very touching, emotional read, highlights once again the enormous community spirit prevalent within the GAA.