croker - waste of money

Started by two man tackle, January 08, 2007, 06:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

two man tackle

oh yeah bann me thats would youd like, someone expresses an opinion against yours and rthey get banned. well i know a place where stuff like that used to happen - germany 1933-45 but only they started bannin people but then after a while they got bored of that and jus gased them instead. thats the type o' you lot.

AZOffaly

Corn02 : Posted 3:04 pm
QuoteI'll back up evil genius there. No matter how stupid his claims may appear, TMT has a right to post it, it is a discussion board after all. However should he not be back off his xmas holidays yet?

Corn02 : Posted 3:13 PM
Quoteoh jesus,  can we get this muppet banned

Holy sh*t Corn02. That's the fasted U-Turn since Michael Schumacher found out what the handbrake could do. Are you a politician or something?

corn02

note to AZ:

Check post in between, it contains a racist element which i did not notice in his first posts, therefore i changed opinion.

two man tackle

your callin me a racist yet your the one supportin shit from nazi germany?

AZOffaly

Corn, so basically it's 'no matter how stupid (unless they are racist)'

Anyway, no bother, I agree with you. and this talk of Nazi Germany is ludicrous.

Hitler didn't have Broadband.

Evil Genius

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 09, 2007, 03:10:04 PM
Free Speech does not extend to personal insults or slanderous/libelous comments in my opinion. Also, I don't think racist comments have any place here either. If that stuff is allowed to carry on unchecked, no one will ever post here after a while. That would be a pity, as this board has lived through a lot of challenges, probably since before some of these heroes even knew what a keyboard is.

I don't think too many people get censored or banned here, and generally if it happens, they are asking for it. Look at the lattitude afforded to Flameboy.

Double Standards here, I think, AZ. You have not (to my knowledge) censored the examples of rabid homophobia posted recently by Flameboy (and Fearon). Why should homophobia be accorded "latitude" and xenophobia* not be?

[* - Though considering the xenophobia existing in the GAA towards "foreign" games generally, it's nice to see that Irony is allowed to flourish on this Board... ;)]
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

corn02

Yes AZ, no matter how stupid or how much you disagree the poster still has a right to put up their opinion. Now when they become racist or sectarian e.t.c it is a different story.

tayto

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 09, 2007, 03:24:11 PM

[* - Though considering the xenophobia existing in the GAA towards "foreign" games generally, it's nice to see that Irony is allowed to flourish on this Board... ;)]

I didnt realise it is xenophobic to prefer one sport to another. There you go. ye live and learn.

Evil Genius

Quote from: tayto on January 09, 2007, 03:49:26 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on January 09, 2007, 03:24:11 PM

I didnt realise it is xenophobic to prefer one sport to another. There you go. ye live and learn.

You mean the way the GAA has until now "preferred" to stage some sports like e.g. Boxing and American Football at Croke Park, but not "British" sports, like Association Football or Rugby Football?

Seems the very definition of "Xenophobia" to me... ;)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

tayto

You'll see what you want if you want it badly enough. Soccer and Rugby are competing sports. American football and boxing arent.

realredhandfan

Tayto be careful What Evil Genius is saying is that he knows several American footballers who went on to be boxers.

Gabriel_Hurl

I don't understand this American Football isn't a sport sentiment

tayto

It's not a sport that could my any stretch of the imagination be considered as in competition with the GAA for facilities, players and funding.

J70

This private board allows contributions by members only. Free speech here has whatever limits the administrator decides to impose. If the administrator decides that racist, sectarian, homophobic, any other kind of bigoted comments bring down the tone of the discussion and so decides to prohibit them, that's his decision. If you disagree, then leave. If you want a board where any kind of dumb, bigoted commentary is allowed, even if only for the purpose of attracting attention, there's no one stopping you starting another one.

AZOffaly

Also, Evil Genius, I believe that the admin warned Flameboy several times about various comments (he mentions it on that other thread). That purile stuff brings down the whole board. Any homophobic ramblings on the new board that have not been censored or triggered a warning is probably due to the Admin missing it, but sure lets ask him/her and see what they say. gaaboard is the administrator, and has been logged on here several times. (appears in red at the bottom of the screen).

In my opinion, and this is just MY opinion, racism, sectarianism, homophobia, libel and outright personal insults are just not bringing anything positive to the board.