Christmas Money - help?

Started by Silky, November 26, 2008, 10:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky

How are you all going to manage this year? I'm not going to the works night out this year & presents will be cut back all round. No overtime in 8 months so it will be a poor christmas in our house.

Any chance someone could post a good horse tip for the christmas money? Ive heard of it being done before.

full back

There will be a few races that will be 'questionable' shall we say & maybe an Irish League game
It is just a matter of finding out about these & finding out early enough

Our Nail Loney

Cant be that bad silky... I wouldn't recommend risking your money on a horse, about 90% of the tips that come in here are beat!

winsamsoon

Silky you should lumped on Aalbog last night lad. @19/10 they were a steal but they were lucky as hell. But the result is there and the money is in the bank thanks to Mr Caldwell.

Get onto Anorthosis tonight @11/4 they will almost certainly beat Werder Bremen who are having a nightmare year but in Europe and domestically. They were trounced 3-0 at home in their last match by panathanaikos. Anorthosis has beaten the greeks and they drew with Bremen in Germany. They must win tonight to keep qualification for the knockout stages alive.

Alternatively you can check out the betting thread. but beware of big franks tips.

happy Christmas  ;) :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Gnevin

Quote from: Silky on November 26, 2008, 10:03:30 AM
How are you all going to manage this year? I'm not going to the works night out this year & presents will be cut back all round. No overtime in 8 months so it will be a poor christmas in our house.

Any chance someone could post a good horse tip for the christmas money? Ive heard of it being done before.

Surely if you have money to gamble you can't be that hard up.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

SidelineKick

Yeah I wouldnt recommend doing anything that involves gambling if you are strapped for cash!  Just when you think things couldnt get any worse you will back a "cert" and guess what, it won't come in.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

mannix

Sorry to hear of your plight. Surely a lot of lads here are able to remember christmas with little or no money, I do and all I can say is make the best of it.
Betting is a waste of your money, keep the money and use it wisely in december, the closer christmas day gets you should watch out for bargains, lots of places are on their knees with the economy.
And by the way lots of people I know are in the same spot as you.

Donagh

Celebrate the Nollaig Bheag on the 6th of January instead, thereby being able to take advantage of the sales, half price decorations etc...

SidelineKick

There are plenty of sales now and more to come before xmas.  Retailers are seeing that people just aren't spending and they are doing whatever it takes to get custom before xmas!  Hold off to a few days before xmas and you will definitely pick up bargains that were previously only seen in January!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

kinghen

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 26, 2008, 10:13:30 AM
Cant be that bad silky... I wouldn't recommend risking your money on a horse, about 90% of the tips that come in here are beat!

your tips

heineken_on_tap

I would say get a evening job for a few weeks up to Christmas if you need a bit of extra cash and stay away from betting. It's a mugs game  ;)

full back

There is always at least one 'job' on the horses coming up to Christmas
I'm assuming silky isnt thinking of putting 100's on a short priced horse?

Lecale2

I think this was the bet you were looking for.

Burnett loss to be investigated

World Snooker will investigate irregular betting patterns after Jamie Burnett's first-round loss to Stephen Maguire at the UK Championships.

Burnett was beaten 9-3 and it has since emerged that several bookmakers stopped taking bets on that exact scoreline well before the match started.

The 33-year-old Scot missed a black in the 12th frame which would have made it 8-4. He denies any wrongdoing.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Lecale2 on December 16, 2008, 09:49:13 AM
I think this was the bet you were looking for.

Burnett loss to be investigated

World Snooker will investigate irregular betting patterns after Jamie Burnett's first-round loss to Stephen Maguire at the UK Championships.

Burnett was beaten 9-3 and it has since emerged that several bookmakers stopped taking bets on that exact scoreline well before the match started.

The 33-year-old Scot missed a black in the 12th frame which would have made it 8-4. He denies any wrongdoing.

All he wanted was to buy nice presents for his family.