Hardstation

Started by Bud Wiser, November 23, 2008, 02:06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

Anyone been to visit?  How is he bearing up? When is release date?  Anyone any news at all?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

Because he's not the Messiah, just a naughty boy.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

2 diary entries from him on pogs newsletter thread. Honestly.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: Gaffer on November 23, 2008, 02:53:41 PM
Why was he banned?

He accidently brushed against against a moderator, who applied the letter of the law.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

From horse's mouth:

Day 16 (I think)
Came in at 5 this morning after a heavy session. Woke around 1130. Felt like shite. Went to Saffron Sam2's favourite fish supper outlet for a burger and chips. Missed mass (sorry, ma). Went to Corrigan Park to watch a relegation dog-fight. St. John's won. Class wind/rain/hail. Had a couple of pints in St. John's club. Rasharkin beat St. Gall's. Something stinks there. St. Gall's lying down to Rasharkin in order to see one of their rival city teams relegated. Lamh Dhearg go down. Something is rotten in the state of Milltown. Went to Casement for more pints. Watched the Aggies (on dvd) beat Cargin thirds, to claim the Div 4 title.
Feels like ages to go before I'm released. It doesn't worry me now. I'll be back when I'm back. I hope yis are all holding on without me.
Brisfidh muid na gcuint!!

Orior

O'Neill,

Can you ask Hardstation, why I've never met Jane Adams in Manny's on the Antrim Road. Is she avoiding me? I suspect she knows she will immediately fall for my charm, wit and good looks.

Ta ta.

gerry

he's still hanging in on the gaa chat room
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

milltown row

Quote from: ONeill on November 23, 2008, 09:20:48 PM
From horse's mouth:

Day 16 (I think)
Came in at 5 this morning after a heavy session. Woke around 1130. Felt like shite. Went to Saffron Sam2's favourite fish supper outlet for a burger and chips. Missed mass (sorry, ma). Went to Corrigan Park to watch a relegation dog-fight. St. John's won. Class wind/rain/hail. Had a couple of pints in St. John's club. Rasharkin beat St. Gall's. Something stinks there. St. Gall's lying down to Rasharkin in order to see one of their rival city teams relegated. Lamh Dhearg go down. Something is rotten in the state of Milltown. Went to Casement for more pints. Watched the Aggies (on dvd) beat Cargin thirds, to claim the Div 4 title.
Feels like ages to go before I'm released. It doesn't worry me now. I'll be back when I'm back. I hope yis are all holding on without me.
Brisfidh muid na gcuint!!
no the lads tried real hard :P

ONeill

FAO Orior:

As far as I'm aware, Jane Adams has worked in Manny's, on the Falls, for the last (something like) 5 years. Now that it has been closed down, she is working on the Antrim road (probably, I don't really know). Orior, go in and ask Jane for a 'fish supper', give her a wink and reap the rewards

Orior

Quote from: ONeill on November 23, 2008, 10:51:33 PM
FAO Orior:

As far as I'm aware, Jane Adams has worked in Manny's, on the Falls, for the last (something like) 5 years. Now that it has been closed down, she is working on the Antrim road (probably, I don't really know). Orior, go in and ask Jane for a 'fish supper', give her a wink and reap the rewards

Now thats a plan!

Why didnt I think of that?

saffron sam2

From The Man Himself

Monday 24th November - Day 17 (I think)

I am in a dark, dark place. I thought I could do my time. I thought that being half way through my ban, the darkness would begin to lift and there would be light at the end of the tunnel. Then John Fogarty's lyrics rebounded in my head. "The light at the end of the tunnel was nothing but a burglar's torch."

I went to sleep in that dark place and woke this morning further and deeper in the dark place. It is like the deep dark wood in the Gruffalo books, only much deeper and much darker. I fired on the Pogues' Greatest Hits to lift the gloom. And, whilst the dulcet tones of McGowan raised the spirits for a while, I couldn't shake the despair. I got up and went to the bogs. I did a crap, a firm brown stool. It wouldn't flush away. I lifted my hurl and smashed the turd into smithereens. It didn't refuse to flush a second time. "Take that you smelly wee bastard" I thought. Went back to bed, the black out blinds still drawn. Swapped the Pogues for "101 songs from the Saffron County". It was great - for a while. It took me on a journey where I sailed south from Rathlin Island, past Fair Head and Murlough Bay (stopping at the Lammas Fair in Ballycastle Oh) through Cushendall (the one place for me that can outshine them all) and on to Pat Hamill's in Carnlough. I listened to tales of famous saffron men of yore, Roddy McCorley, Henry Joy McCracken, Mickey McIlhatton and Mickey Marley to name a few. Then Francie McPeake started singing "Will you go lassie go". I lifted CD player, CD, remote, speakers, tbf, the whole heap and fucked the lot out the bedroom window.

My ma came up to the room and told me to get up and out before I followed the stereo out the window. I explained about the McPeakes. She gave me fifteen minutes grace. I put on my shiny and a pair of twicers and went for a dander down the Glen Road.  I stopped at the bakery for a sausage roll bap (bap, two sausage rolls and red sauce) – magic. Buchanan swears by them. Dandered as far as the Grave Diggers and went in for a scoop. Could see everyone pointing at me, so I left. As I walked past the bookies, a man stepped from the doorway. In an enigmatic Armagh accent, he simply whispered "Evil Genius is out!". I f**king flipped. His suspension was shorter than mine. He called someone "a pathetic little creep" and I only told the admin that I had tanked his grand daughter. But I am not a bitter man. I thought of our admin and realised he was only doing his job. I have to say we're not worthy to have such a person as our admin. And I really need to get back on the board. I will be good in the future.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Tony Baloney

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 24, 2008, 10:32:15 PM
From The Man Himself

Monday 24th November - Day 17 (I think)

I am in a dark, dark place. I thought I could do my time. I thought that being half way through my ban, the darkness would begin to lift and there would be light at the end of the tunnel. Then John Fogarty's lyrics rebounded in my head. "The light at the end of the tunnel was nothing but a burglar's torch."

I went to sleep in that dark place and woke this morning further and deeper in the dark place. It is like the deep dark wood in the Gruffalo books, only much deeper and much darker. I fired on the Pogues' Greatest Hits to lift the gloom. And, whilst the dulcet tones of McGowan raised the spirits for a while, I couldn't shake the despair. I got up and went to the bogs. I did a crap, a firm brown stool. It wouldn't flush away. I lifted my hurl and smashed the turd into smithereens. It didn't refuse to flush a second time. "Take that you smelly wee b**tard" I thought. Went back to bed, the black out blinds still drawn. Swapped the Pogues for "101 songs from the Saffron County". It was great - for a while. It took me on a journey where I sailed south from Rathlin Island, past Fair Head and Murlough Bay (stopping at the Lammas Fair in Ballycastle Oh) through Cushendall (the one place for me that can outshine them all) and on to Pat Hamill's in Carnlough. I listened to tales of famous saffron men of yore, Roddy McCorley, Henry Joy McCracken, Mickey McIlhatton and Mickey Marley to name a few. Then Francie McPeake started singing “Will you go lassie go”. I lifted CD player, CD, remote, speakers, tbf, the whole heap and fucked the lot out the bedroom window.

My ma came up to the room and told me to get up and out before I followed the stereo out the window. I explained about the McPeakes. She gave me fifteen minutes grace. I put on my shiny and a pair of twicers and went for a dander down the Glen Road.  I stopped at the bakery for a sausage roll bap (bap, two sausage rolls and red sauce) – magic. Buchanan swears by them. Dandered as far as the Grave Diggers and went in for a scoop. Could see everyone pointing at me, so I left. As I walked past the bookies, a man stepped from the doorway. In an enigmatic Armagh accent, he simply whispered “Evil Genius is out!”. I f**king flipped. His suspension was shorter than mine. He called someone “a pathetic little creep” and I only told the admin that I had tanked his grand daughter. But I am not a bitter man. I thought of our admin and realised he was only doing his job. I have to say we’re not worthy to have such a person as our admin. And I really need to get back on the board. I will be good in the future.

Absolutely brilliant!  I hope 'station stays away a wee bit longer so we can keep reading his journal.  ;D

ziggysego

It's great that HS is getting word out to us about his oppression. Anyway of getting word into him?
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Has he written any songs yet? Thats all thats really worth hearing.

How about one from the lonesome troubadour?