Beer....

Started by 5 Sams, November 21, 2008, 09:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 25, 2014, 12:03:38 PM
Midelton Rare is popular as a gift, it's near 150 euro.
Jaysis I want to thank him not marry him!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2014, 03:30:07 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 25, 2014, 12:03:38 PM
Midelton Rare is popular as a gift, it's near 150 euro.
Jaysis I want to thank him not marry him!

What kind of marriage would €150 buy you?

Don't answer that.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

deiseach

Irish or English measures?

heganboy

Green spot is a very good whiskey, and yellow spot is the upgrade
middleton and redbreast are great but a lot of wallet. Powers has a 12 year old single pot still (John's lane- i see mentioned below) which is a very limited release and a great whiskey.
But if he's a Jameson man, then the Jameson Gold reserve is the way to go. should be less than 50 quid.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: heganboy on November 25, 2014, 03:52:52 PM
middleton and redbreast are great but a lot of wallet. Powers has a 12 year old single pot still (John's lane- i see mentioned below) which is a very limited release and a great whiskey.
But if he's a Jameson man, then the Jameson Gold reserve is the way to go. should be less than 50 quid.
Perfect! Thanks.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2014, 03:55:39 PM
Perfect! Thanks.

He gave you plenty of work and you spend 50 on him. Can't see him looking after you next year so. Miserable f**ker. They sell a 14.99 bottle in Lidl, get him one of those.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on November 25, 2014, 03:57:55 PM
Perfect! Thanks.

He gave you plenty of work and you spend 50 on him. Can't see him looking after you next year so. Miserable f**ker. They sell a 14.99 bottle in Lidl, get him one of those.
If I was buying everyone who gave me work €150 bottles of whiskey I wouldn't be long going out of business!
Is the Lidl one any good.... ;)

deiseach

Crested Ten is available for €27 in SuperValu at the moment. A good choice for the second-cheapest-bottle type.

gallsman

Forgot to mention Green Spot - it's fantastic. Better than Yellow in my opinion actually.

Croí na hÉireann

Perfect! Thanks.

;D

Hope Shamrock Shore likes Lidl whiskey  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

laoislad

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 25, 2014, 04:20:34 PM
Perfect! Thanks.

;D

Hope Shamrock Shore likes Lidl whiskey  :P
I'm buying him a Wolfe Tones CD.

deiseach

Quote from: laoislad on November 25, 2014, 04:21:21 PM
I'm buying him a Wolfe Tones CD.

That's what John Delaney said.

5 Sams

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 25, 2014, 03:22:50 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on November 25, 2014, 03:19:11 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 25, 2014, 12:57:21 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on November 25, 2014, 12:30:32 PM
In London 2 Red Breasts (whiskies ) cost  11 quid.  25 ml and everything
I remember the barman in the lough Erne telling me they have a bottle of whiskey that is £400 a measure.Only 2 people have had one out of the bottle, the owner and Nick Faldo.
Cant rememeber the name of the whiskey tho

There is one in Dick Mack's in Dingle at €150 a shot. The bottle's half empty....the yanks love it. I cant for the life of me imagine any whiskey tasting 30 or 40 times better than an ordinary shot of Jameson.

They can't love it all that much if there's still half a bottle left!

It's not the first one they have opened....
The Aristocrat Years

Tony Baloney

Grants in Sainsbury's for a tenner.