All Ireland Club Hurling Championship

Started by youbetterbelieveit, November 20, 2008, 11:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Fair play to the shamrocks. A historic effort. What would Liam Watson be like playing with one of the so called big guns?!

seafoid

Quote from: Oraisteach on March 17, 2012, 03:17:01 PM
Spectacular win for Loughgiel! 4-13 to 0-17
Spectacular result for hurling. Like a dream come true. Once in a generation it seems to happen.

Maguire01

Great game and brilliant result. The football has a lot to live up to!

amallon

Brillant by Loughgeil.  This should be a big boost to hurling in Ulster and Antrim in particular.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ross4life

Last time Loughgiel won the AI (early 80s) it was also vs a team from Offaly well done to them & hard luck to Coolderry.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Great stuff from Loughgiel, they have some support down.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Square Ball

that was some display from the Antrim boys, is anyone left in Loughiel as Minder said they had some support.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

seafoid

Quote from: ross4life on March 17, 2012, 03:25:39 PM
Last time Loughgiel won the AI (early 80s) it was also vs a team from Offaly well done to them & hard luck to Coolderry.
Last time Antrim got to the AIHF they beat Offaly as well

But what a fantastic result for hurling up north   

seafoid

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 17, 2012, 03:23:25 PM
Great game and brilliant result. The football has a lot to live up to!
Garrycastle would be the icing on the cake!

AZOffaly

Well done loughiel. A great result for all of ulster hurling but most of all for themselves. Hard luck to coolderry. They've brought hope and credit to offaly hurling this year. On the day you can't concede 4-13 and expect to win but such is sporting life. They'll go again but today belongs to the shamrocks , fittingly enough.

Bord na Mona man

Great win for Loughgiel. Coolderry imploded in defence in the first half. They needed a more mobile player to pick up Watson from the start, Coolderry, like Offaly teams tend to do, didn't win enough primary possession. Loughgiel, especially their half back line caught a power of high ball.

A few times in the second half Coolderry looked like mounting a comeback, but crucially they rarely managed to break through and create goal chances.
They were forced to do a lot of sideways running and soloing as they just didn't have enough power players up front.

Unfortunately Offaly teams yet again prove to be best opposition for sides wanting to make a breakthrough.

Captain Obvious

Liam Watson scored 3-7 today, that must be one of the best individual displays in All Ireland final?

Gold

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 17, 2012, 10:35:33 PM
Liam Watson scored 3-7 today, that must be one of the best individual displays in All Ireland final?

That's how he rolls. Awesome

That free, 5 men to beat, blasted into the far top corner in an All Ireland Final --unbelievable
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

acton1

Watson scored a total of 3-23 against the Munster and Leinster champions - and he doesn't play for Antrim - he is a bit of a mysterious character - surely someone in Antrim can talk him into plating in the Leinster championship. Although from what I'm told he's not an easy man to get to know.