Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Started by behind the wire, November 19, 2008, 09:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

behind the wire

anyone know of any reputable sites where you can buy notre dame merchandise? i see there are a good few sites but would prefer using one if i knew someone had used it before. also need one that posts to the emerald isle.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

thejuice

I got  their football jersey on E-bay. Their official site is quite expensive. I know a few lads bought from here:

http://www.footballfanatics.com//COLLEGE_Notre_Dame_Fighting_Irish/browse/couponid/Free3Day

but i think you get charged alot on importing it.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

behind the wire

cheers juice. how long does it take for the stuff to arrive?
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Puckoon

straight off the notre dame website would be the best bet.

thejuice

Glad your all stocking up on your Fighting Irish merchandise because:

Navy vs Notre Dame to play in Ireland
The legendary Navy - Notre Dame football series got a 10-year extension this week and - as part of the new deal - the teams agreed to face off in Dublin, Ireland in 2012. Navy & Notre Dame last played in Dublin in 1996, a game the Irish won 54-27. The 2012 Dublin game will be a "home" game for Navy.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Minder

Any ideas how much these sites charge for shipping to the UK ? i know it would only be a rough estimate.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thejuice

from footballfanatics.com
QuoteInternational Orders 

Order as many items as you like with our $19.95 flat-rate shipping. Orders arrive in two to five weeks. Manufacturer direct items are not available for international shipping. Shipping restrictions are listed on the product detail page. International shipping may not be available to all countries.

With international shipping, the destination country will charge duties and import taxes on the shipment. These charges are the recipient's responsibility and can be paid with cash or check. Shipping carrier collects these fees on delivery. 
If your country is not shown in the drop down menu, select "OTHER" and put your city and country in the "City/Region" field.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: thejuice on November 19, 2008, 03:18:44 PM

The legendary Navy - Notre Dame football series got a 10-year extension this week and - as part of the new deal - the teams agreed to face off in Dublin, Ireland in 2012. Navy & Notre Dame last played in Dublin in 1996, a game the Irish won 54-27. The 2012 Dublin game will be a "home" game for Navy.

Will there be objections from the usual begrudgers if this is held in Croke Park ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

there's no if about it.

It will be in Croke Park - like the last time

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on November 19, 2008, 05:07:53 PM
Quote from: thejuice on November 19, 2008, 03:18:44 PM

Will there be objections from the usual begrudgers if this is held in Croke Park ?

Sure begob the Nortre Dame Fighting Irish represent everything that is good and pure about Irish culture. We'd never know what Irish emigrants to US looked like back in the 19th century only for their simian faced mascot.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteSure begob the Nortre Dame Fighting Irish represent everything that is good and pure about Irish culture. We'd never know what Irish emigrants to US looked like back in the 19th century only for their simian faced mascot.

Do you even know why they are called the Fighting Irish - it has nothing to do with Irish culture

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 19, 2008, 05:22:32 PM
QuoteSure begob the Nortre Dame Fighting Irish represent everything that is good and pure about Irish culture. We'd never know what Irish emigrants to US looked like back in the 19th century only for their simian faced mascot.

Do you even know why they are called the Fighting Irish - it has nothing to do with Irish culture

I know it has nothing to do with Irish culture. In fact, Nortre Dame is zero percent Irish. However they call themselves the Fighting Irish and use a derogatory symbol that is like something out of Punch Magazine.

Gabriel_Hurl

this is derogatory????????????

Do you think the same about the Lucky Charms fella?

Turlough O Carolan

If they call themselves "The Irish", and use that as a representation of what Irish means, then yes it is derogatory. Those were the types of symbols used by Punch magazine in the 19th century to depict Irish emigrants as an ignorant Simian race.