Woman referees

Started by Guillem2, November 13, 2006, 01:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky Blue

Now I'm not sexist or anything but there's not a woman in Ireland who could referee football or hurling at anything over u10s.
That's not to say they won't be able to in the future. When their brain have evolved sufficiently to understand the complex rules and make decisions on the hoof. Women are better decision malkers? Who posted that?
I've never heard such a load a balls in my life! How many women have been elected presidents, prime ministers etc? How many head up the leading international corporations? If they are better decision makers why aren't more of them elected to positions where decision making is required?
No we're stuck with male refs for the foreseeable future. Even in womens matches.
WOMEN, KNOW YOUR PLACE!

BallyhaiseMan

il tell you one thing....
i wouldnt say the things ive said to male referees to a female one,thats for sure.....

Flat Hedgehog

Ballyhaise your right. No footballer or hurler would lay a hand on a female (is that the politically correct term?) ref or give them abuse. It may be a good thing if we could get them fit enough and train them properly in the rules. They should start off doing u8/u10 games and ladies games first. Then if the show promise, they could move up to u16/minor etc. There's really no reson why they couldn't do senior withe training etc. The thing about desision making is not really relevant. Refereeing isn't about deciding what shoes you will ware!!  ???
Knowledge only brings fear.

Fionntamhnach

QuoteThey should start off doing u8/u10 games and ladies games first. Then if the show promise, they could move up to u16/minor etc. There's really no reson why they couldn't do senior
So apart from refereeing ladies football games, same as male referees then!

As already pointed out, there already is a woman taking adult referees games in Tyrone, plus I believe that in a youth referees course held this year, one of the "graduates" was female.

youbetterbelieveit

anyway, we should welcome anybody who wants to be a ref, casue there is usually a severe lack of referee's in most counties

Guillem2

She doesn't look bad at all.

Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

hows she cutting

shouldn't be allowed to go to games never mind officiate at them.

I'll get me flak jacket.