Crossing the Irish Sea.

Started by corn02, November 14, 2008, 02:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

Does anyone know anything about foot/car ferries from Ireland to a port near Liverpool?

E.g times.prices et.c. preferabbly for foot. I have searched a fair bit, but not getting much.

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Tankie

Quote from: corn02 on November 14, 2008, 02:31:20 PM
Does anyone know anything about foot/car ferries from Ireland to a port near Liverpool?

E.g times.prices et.c. preferabbly for foot. I have searched a fair bit, but not getting much.

LL supports a that British Soccer team so he may beable to help you  ;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

Hardy

I think there's only the one to Liverpool:

http://www.poirishsea.com/passenger/Dublin_Liverpool.htm

Dún Laoghaire - Holyhead would be the next nearest Liverpool.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Whacker

Try Stena or P&Q..

Thnking of getting a carload over Corn?

One of the boys was talking about that.. works out with a full car about £45-£50 each!

When you thinking of heading?

fitzroyalty

I went with Norfolkline last year.. they go belfast to birkenhead, few miles from liverpool city centre..

Mentalman

"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

mylestheslasher

There is only one Ferry to Liverpool from Dublin. If I recall correctly it is a slow Ferry, mostly aimed at trucks, but it does take normal foot passangers. The problem is it is very slow and takes something like 8 hours to cross the sea. Holyhead isn't an enormous distance from Liverpool. I have family in liverpool and they always come from Holyhead into Dublin.

corn02

Quote from: Whacker on November 14, 2008, 02:47:02 PM
Try Stena or P&Q..

Thnking of getting a carload over Corn?

One of the boys was talking about that.. works out with a full car about £45-£50 each!

When you thinking of heading?

More like the Dennis Bergkamp syndrome is getting worse. No bother e: text.

Puckoon

I'd use a boat myself. Smart thinking.

Tony Baloney

Jesus I thought my fear of flying was bad! Is that really why you are taking the boat? I'd risk a plane to Liverpool as it's just an up and down and there are loads of airports around for an emergency landing. I factor all this in when thinking about flying!

corn02

I have flwon the guts of 80 or 90 times, but I fooking hate it.

It doesn't even matter how short the trip is because it is only take-off that bothers me. We could be rocking the boat something serious mid-air and I wouldn't care - I hate take-off.

But, what is even worse is, I hate the hanging around and security and all that stuff. I despise it with a passion.

Hardy

If you can keep your number of landings equal to your number of take-offs, you'll be grand.