Same Parish - Different County

Started by DownFanatic, November 13, 2008, 04:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

Was on the Milford (Limerick) GAA club's website there. They have a map with every GAA club on Ireland on it. There seems to be a hell of a lot of clubs very close to each other but in different counties. Is there many clubs in Ireland that are in the same parish but in different counties? Somebody mentioned Trillick (Tyrone) and Coa (Fermanagh) to me. Id suspect Bredagh (Down) and St Malachy's (Antrim) are aswell.

The Real Laoislad

Portarlington, Laois and is also in a small part of Biffoland
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Oh just seen this was a Ulster only thread...carry on
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Crossmaglen Rangers, Silverbridge Harps, Culloville Blues (all Armagh) and St Malachy's Shelagh (Louth) are all in the same parish I think.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Farrandeelin

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 13, 2008, 04:59:27 PM
Crossmaglen Rangers, Silverbridge Harps, Culloville Blues (all Armagh) and St Malachy's Sheilagh (Louth) are all in the same parish I think.

What's the name of the parish?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

corn02

nrico2006

Urney(Tyrone) is in both Donegal and Tyrone.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 13, 2008, 05:00:35 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on November 13, 2008, 04:59:27 PM
Crossmaglen Rangers, Silverbridge Harps, Culloville Blues (all Armagh) and St Malachy's Sheilagh (Louth) are all in the same parish I think.

What's the name of the parish?

Upper Creggan

illdecide

I know i'm not gonna spell this right..."Ballaghadreen" apparently borders 3 counties (i think) Roscommon, Leitrim and Dunno???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on November 13, 2008, 05:01:45 PM
Dromintee is in Armagh and Louth.

Is there a club in the Louth bit. If not, it doesn't count!

thebandit

There are a few clubs where the border is badly defined along the Monaghan/Armagh border, this is due to the border being re-drawn. So clubs tended to follow the political boundaries but the parochial boundaries can be different.

Aghdavoyle

St Pat's lordship and dromintee are both in the same parish - dromintee - but in different provinces

JimStynes

My parish (Aghagallon) borders Armagh, Down and Antrim.

armaghniac

QuoteSt Pat's lordship and dromintee are both in the same parish - dromintee - but in different provinces

Not true for RC parishes. St Pats is in Lordship parish and Dromintee in Dromintee parish.
http://www.parishofstluke.net/links/ireland/armagh/index.htm
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ludermor

Is there a map that has all the parishes and clubs on it?