The official Xbox360 thread - or the no ONLs' club

Started by corn02, November 13, 2008, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

118cmal

I wouldn't go opening it up at all unless you are experienced at that sort of thing!  How long have u got it?  Microsoft warranty is pretty good and they'll fix most things hassle-free, but if the unit casing is opened at all the warranty is void.

Did u try anything else in that scart socket (like a dvd player) to see if that might be the problem?  Or have u checked the xbox on a different tv?

under the bar

QuoteThought that myself so have ordered a new scart lead to check before I go opening it up.

I wouldn't go opening it up at all unless you are experienced at that sort of thing!

I didn't mean me personally 118cmal, just before I go leaving it in for repair. 

118cmal

pintsofguinness

anyone playing bad company 2? Just started it there this evening, only on single player because virgin media are a pack of c***ts, but it's excellent.  I think it's better than COD!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

flantheman82

Hey there,
being a member of the hard of hearing community, I have become reliant on the use of subtitles when watching movies.
I have some movies in avi file in hd quality on a memory stick that i also have the subtitle (.srt) file for.
I can watch the movies on my laptop with the subtitles but would love to be able to make use of the hd by watching it through the xbox. However, it doesn't seem to recognise the subtitle file.
Can anyone shed any light on how to rectify this or even suggest how i can hardwrite the subtitles into the movie without losing any quality.
thanks,

118cmal

Quote from: delboy on January 14, 2010, 04:07:20 PM
Quote from: Mickey Linden on January 12, 2010, 04:13:46 PM
Well lads have had an x box for a while now but have never went on x box live. I was wondering what exactly i need to get for this and how much would it cost? I have wireless broadband in the house.

Get yourself a pair of powerline adpaters (200 Mbps) for about the same money as the offical wireless adapter (40-50 notes), it runs the signal through your electric cables so you don't need to drape ethernet cables about the house, its as fast as the best wireless and you never got a dropped signal (i was tortured with this using wireless).
They are plug and play so you can unplug it and use it for a laptop/desktop (unlike the official wireless connector) if you want or you can buy another one or two to build up the network. Anywhere you have a plug socket you have an internet and networking connection.

They really are the dogs dangles i have my four of them which i use for connecting to the internet and streaming media about the place.

Delboy, they sound like a great job alright!  So basically do you have a cable from the router going into the wall through a socket, which runs the signal through the electricity cables, and then another adaptor in the socket beside the xbox with a cable going into it from the xbox?

The Worker

I have had an xbox 360 for a few years now, but am only getting round to going online with it.

What is the best way to go about this, is all i need an xbox wireless router, and a live subscription for a year or so?

I have wireless in the house at the minute for my broadband connection. Is it simply a matter of connecting the wireless router to the xbox, and then logging into the subscription?

cheers

pintsofguinness

You're better running the cable from the router to the xbox, is that an option?
but yeah that's all you should need.

The Worker

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 26, 2010, 08:16:50 PM

Not an option, routers on a level below.

I take it Gold membership is the best to go for?

How do i go about watching sky thru my xbox? i currently subscribe to the sports, is it complicated ?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Worker on April 26, 2010, 08:21:31 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 26, 2010, 08:16:50 PM

Not an option, routers on a level below.

I take it Gold membership is the best to go for?

How do i go about watching sky thru my xbox? i currently subscribe to the sports, is it complicated ?
well the silver membership is free - gets you demos and that but to play online you need gold.  You can get cheap codes on ebay - my last one I got was 26 quid from A1 gaming on ebay and they'll email the code straight to you.

not sure about sky, but I thought you'd have to sign up to their packages and pay again but could be wrong.

As far as I know to watch the sky through the xbox you need to sign up to the package and and pay for it. You can't just

The Worker

Anyone got the new fifa world cup? is ther much difference between it and the fifa 10 game?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Worker on May 18, 2010, 09:38:15 PM
Anyone got the new fifa world cup? is ther much difference between it and the fifa 10 game?
Yes, quite a bit. I'd rather fifa 10

eiled in the bushes

new maps out for cod on thursday,looks like a few good ones especially the funfair and the trailer park :)
get some metal in your life

pintsofguinness

Quote from: eiled in the bushes on June 01, 2010, 10:52:05 PM
new maps out for cod on thursday,looks like a few good ones especially the funfair and the trailer park :)
There's more coming out? I dont play it anymore but you'd think they'd fix the game and get rid of the sad cheaters! first

paco

Started playing Gears of War again today, f**k it's some game.