The official Xbox360 thread - or the no ONLs' club

Started by corn02, November 13, 2008, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gnevin

Quote from: Bensars on November 13, 2008, 01:56:33 PM
Get the firmware upgrade about £50. This allows you to then play copies of games.  I can get them at £5 which is a hell of a lot cheaper than £40 in most shops.   For the price of 2 games it pays for itself

But then you can't play online
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Bensars

Didnt affect me. I used the one  month free at the start ( the package you get along with it ) and it seemed to work fine. In fairness i wasnt that concerned about the online, but didnt seem to make any difference

bridgegael

please don't call me stupid,  but how do you get to play online ??  is it hard to set up??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

mc_grens

I play COD4 and Madden online. My Gamer Tag is Ciaran Mc. If you ever spot me online give me a hand flanking the enemy!

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: mc_grens on November 14, 2008, 07:05:42 PM
I play COD4 and Madden online. My Gamer Tag is Ciaran Mc. If you ever spot me online give me a hand flanking the enemy!

I will be your wingman anytime ;D....

Bridgegael, it can be difficult so your not stupid. Ive broadband internet connection eircom to be precise. You need ethernet cable, connect to xbox and broadband box, i remember with eircom i had to search forumss to figure out why it wouldnt work, cant remember at the time but i had change settings, got it working eventually. What internet you got?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

bridgegael

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on November 14, 2008, 07:12:50 PM
Quote from: mc_grens on November 14, 2008, 07:05:42 PM

I will be your wingman anytime ;D....

Bridgegael, it can be difficult so your not stupid. Ive broadband internet connection eircom to be precise. You need ethernet cable, connect to xbox and broadband box, i remember with eircom i had to search forumss to figure out why it wouldnt work, cant remember at the time but i had change settings, got it working eventually. What internet you got?

have bt broadband.  didn't know there was cables involved.  thought maybe it was wireless.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

WeeDonns

Right, I've been playing COD4 all morning and getting my ass whipped by kids, but im getting better! mc_grens, i sent you a friend request. Corn, pm me ur gamer tag, and any of the rest of you interested playing against each other.
I think it'd be more fun playing against people you know ( or at least kinda know through posting on this board)

this isn't geeky is it?

mc_grens

Yeah, but its fun. Got your friend request, I'll be on later on I'd say. I usually play Domination.

lurganblue

right lads, i ordered the wireless hub for my x box off amazon on friday night there so i should get it this week sometime. i'll then get a technically gifted friend of mine to help set it up. what package are you all on? silver? how much does it cost?

Our Nail Loney

tyroneboi

Right lads got an xbox from Santa. What are the essential games that I need to get?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tyroneboi on December 29, 2008, 03:20:21 PM
Right lads got an xbox from Santa. What are the essential games that I need to get?

There's a few

Call of Duty 4
Bioshock
Gears of War 2
Fallout 3
Dead Space
GTA 4

All very good. Then there's the usual sports games as well and driving ones if you're into those.

tyroneboi

Have played the earlier versions of Call of Duty and thought they were great. Whats the World of War like? Is Xbox Live worth getting?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: tyroneboi on December 29, 2008, 03:31:12 PM
Have played the earlier versions of Call of Duty and thought they were great. Whats the World of War like? Is Xbox Live worth getting?

The World at War is pretty good too but Call of Duty 4 is the best one. Xbox live is excellent if you're into multiplayer. Just make sure you have a good enough internet connection.

bailestil

can't get into world at war. Those old WWII Guns are just crap!

COD 4 is much better.
Hardly every played the 1player game. Online play is much better.

Couldn't really get into GTA IV either after wasting half my final year of Uni playing san andreas i think i over done it!