The official Xbox360 thread - or the no ONLs' club

Started by corn02, November 13, 2008, 10:29:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc_grens

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 04, 2011, 08:22:54 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 04, 2011, 01:05:54 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on November 04, 2011, 12:40:55 PM
Got Battlefield last week and was very unimpressed

The single player campaign is meant to be only alright. Battlefield really is designed for online play.
The single player is shit!

He's right thought Battlefield is intended as a multiplayer-first game. I remember back in the day passing many an hour playing battlefield 2 64 player multiplayer on the PC. People expecting a big singlet player campaign are mixing this game up with Battlefield: Bad Company. Which is not a sequel to.

David McKeown

Oh Ive played all the Battlefields previously on PC I just found all of them better than the current one is on the xbox. I wasn't expecting the greatest single player game ever made but I expected a good bit better. The Modern Warfare 3 single player is vastly superior even if it does seem to have included some disturbing content just to be controversial
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mc_grens

Quote from: David McKeown on November 05, 2011, 08:44:34 AM
Oh Ive played all the Battlefields previously on PC I just found all of them better than the current one is on the xbox. I wasn't expecting the greatest single player game ever made but I expected a good bit better. The Modern Warfare 3 single player is vastly superior even if it does seem to have included some disturbing content just to be controversial

Now that I think of it I don't actually think there was a single player mode at all on Battlefield 2.

David McKeown

Finished the Modern Warfare 3 single player there. Good game better than MW2 but not as good as MW1. On to Skyrim tomorrow, hardto remember a better time for 360 games
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

mc_grens

Quote from: David McKeown on November 06, 2011, 12:50:53 AM
Finished the Modern Warfare 3 single player there. Good game better than MW2 but not as good as MW1. On to Skyrim tomorrow, hardto remember a better time for 360 games

Antrim looks great. Looking forward to that on my new laptop after chrimbo- gonna buy a whopper.

Celt_Man

After getting a Xbox 360 there a couple of days ago - the 250 GB one with Call of Duty: World at War (I reckon it's an auld one)... Jaysus its a great job.  Eventually got the Xbox Live thingy up and running so playing online full time

Any recommendations on games?  Any decent strategy games out there or stick to the PC for games like that?
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Sky Blue Gael

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on December 15, 2011, 06:56:56 PM
Dilemma guys - young fella wants new headset for 360 - main choices are:

(1) One of these wireless bluetooth boys like this: http://www.gamestop.co.uk/42122_Xbox_360_Wireless_Bluetooth_Headset_MW3.aspx
(2) Turtle Beach wired with the puffy ear jobs for about £45
(3) Cheap as chips wired for about £10

Any recommendations?

Would go for one of the wired options. The wireless ones are poor for picking up sound.

Hashtag

Anyone get any good games over Christmas? I have ordered the new WWE game  :-[ :-\ arriving any day now. £22.

Radda bout yeee

Just got an xbox for xmas - use to have ps3 so still getting use to it. Any of you's playing fifa 12?  Wouldn't mind gettin a few game tags gathered up so i could give you's a game. i'm not good but would be a bit of craic!

Celt_Man

Got Battlefield 3 there just before Christmas - flipping deadly game!  Haven't got the multiplayer up and running on it yet but I believe its the business too.

Picked up Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversay too.  Obviously a bit dated now but not as much as you'd think after 10 years.  Got it so I can kinda play the Halo series in order rather grab the most recent one first.  The mulitplayer on it is very good - like you can play on your own in it against AI enemies

Anything else I should be on the lookout for?? 

eiled in the bushes

i recommend you DONT buy mw3,same old shit,if you haven't got the reactions of a 15 year old you're fucked. Stick with the battlefield,online multiplayer is awesome, and its not full of boosting teenagers with all their hacks and cheats.
get some metal in your life

bridgegael

"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Radda bout yeee

I'm starting to sound desperate but any fifa 12 players on here?

Celt_Man

How in the name of Jaysus do ya get that Windows Media Centre working on your xbox???  It's flipping wrecking my head at this stage

Radda bout yeee

Anyone sign up to lovefilm app on xbox? Is it worth it - do you get all the new realeases with lovefilm or is it even older stuff?