Only one week to go!!!

Started by T Fearon, November 12, 2008, 10:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Thanks Lynchboy! Im a member of the HRC Pin Club so I try to get to as many cafes as possible to get the T Shirt/Pin more than anything else,and when they swipe your card that cafe goes into your online "cafes visited" in the members section of the HRC website. Visited the one in Edinburgh last Thursday. To be honest one of the worst in terms of service/prices etc I've ever visited is the Dublin one. Used to be a HRC in the Odyssey in Belfast but it bit the dust.

ziggysego

HOW MANY DAYS TO GO TODAY TONY???
Testing Accessibility

The Blegard

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 14, 2008, 01:20:33 PM
there is something I know I left out of what I mentioned to go see/do.

A word or warning, while hard rock cafe is decent, it forgot to renew its alcohol licence so if yer fond of a beer with a burger, avoid.

Just had dinner there this evening. Not the same without the beer but still good value. They transfered their license to the new one that will be in Festival city as it was attached to the palm Hotel which is now gone. Problem is that the building is not ready.
HRC has only been there 12 years so it was far to old by local standards
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

T Fearon

ONLY TWO DAYS TO GO!

Travel documents have arrived including unexpected free passes for Servisair's Executive Lounge at Heathrow Airport. Might as well start the freebie holiday of a lifetime in style I suppose ;D

corn02

Quote from: T Fearon on November 17, 2008, 12:57:00 PM
ONLY TWO DAYS TO GO!

Travel documents have arrived including unexpected free passes for Servisair's Executive Lounge at Heathrow Airport. Might as well start the freebie holiday of a lifetime in style I suppose ;D

Fair play. Enjoy.

ziggysego

ONLY TWO DAYS TO GO!

I got in for free to the one at Luton Airport. I was severly hungover at the time, so I couldn't enjoy it.
Testing Accessibility

lynchbhoy

ONLY TWO DAYS TO GO!

one up on you then Tone, we got upgraded on the way out to first class !
champagne for the missus, I prob drank about 2 bottles of red bordeaux.  ;)
had 'beds' instead of seats !

enjoy the trip. Check out the new 'atlantis' and palm island while yer there.

T Fearon

How did you manage a first class upgrade?

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on November 17, 2008, 04:36:48 PM

My sister too when she went to Australia.

All these airlines overbook. So wait to the last minute to board and if you're lucky, you'll be one of the few that gets bumped up to first class at no extra cost.
Testing Accessibility

sammymaguire

I've stayed at the Burj too Tony, lovely spot, enjoy the rolls-royce pick up if you have that option and the Al Mahara restaurant is a MUST if you like seafood. We had a mirror above our bed in the suite we stayed in... sweet Tony ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: T Fearon on November 17, 2008, 04:36:48 PM
one of the vendors I use are also big suppliers with the airline and have a good relationship with them and asked them a favour to usgrade us. the missus was pleased!
:D

T Fearon

ONLY 1 DAY TO GO!

Bags almost packed, money sorted and ready to go ;D

Thanks for all the tips lads. I do have the Rolls Royce transfer. Mirrors on the ceiling, thats something I will reflect on :D

lurganblue

http://uk.yahoo.com/_ylt=Ah1k61ft5dUxIdpnrSO9PhqBVM8F;_ylv=9/SIG=12oodj1mr/**http%3A//uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20081118/tuk-dubai-sex-on-beach-pair-appeal-45dbed5.html

some useful information there tony. thats the sex on the beach out the window. you may just get full use out of that mirror  ;)

QuoteThe British couple at the centre of Dubai's 'sex on the beach' case return to court today and face the possibility of their sentences being increased. Skip related content
Related photos / videos Dubai 'Sex On Beach' Pair Appeal Last month Vince Acors and Michelle Palmer were sentenced to three months in jail following their conviction for being engaged in sexual activity in public.

They also face deportation and fines of more than £170 each. They were arrested on Dubai's Jumeirah beach after meeting at a champagne brunch. Michelle Palmer claimed the pair had been 'just kissing and hugging'.

The pair's lawyer says they are not guilty and they will continue protesting their innocence in court today.

It is thought prosecutors may counter appeal and claim the couple's punishment was too lenient.

Hotels have since issued guests with etiquette guides to keep them out of trouble. Guest are urged to show discretion and minimise public displays of affection and above all avoid public drunken behaviour.

The Friday brunch is something of an institution for expatriates in Dubai. Hotels offer unlimited champagne and food from late morning for the rest of the day, which is for Moslems the day of prayer.

Obvious drunken or lewd behaviour to locals can be deeply offensive to local people.

But in addition to highlighting the behaviour of expats the case has also increased discussion of certain stringent rules at odds with Dubai's reputation as a more relaxed arab country.

Laws ban kissing in public and homosexuality for instance.

The emirate also has an astonishingly strict approach to certain drugs, considered every day medicines in the west.

Some children's cough medicines can land people in jail if found in their possession passing through customs into Dubai.

Visitors should be warned, the emirate's relatively more freewheeling image compared to its neighbours can be more than a little misleading.

T Fearon

I won't be engaging in any of that carry on. Down with that sort of thing! ;D

Bensars

Have a good trip. Hope you're not mistaken for a drug mule ! ;)

There cant be many Mr T Fearons travelling on that date