The official new GAA kits thread

Started by GalwayBayBoy, November 11, 2008, 11:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son_of_Sam

Really like the new Roscommon & Meath jersies. The Mayo one is actually alot better in real life than it looks in the photos, glad to see the red hoop back on the back! Would actually like them to try a year with the red shorts again (I know its not all that traditional, but it would be a bit retro back to around late 70's early 80's).

dodgy umpire

The Boys in Red and Black are back

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Son_of_Sam on February 17, 2009, 01:10:41 AM
The Mayo one is actually alot better in real life than it looks in the photos, glad to see the red hoop back on the back! Would actually like them to try a year with the red shorts again (I know its not all that traditional, but it would be a bit retro back to around late 70's early 80's).
Aye and put the crest on that white background too, and send ye down to Tuam to get beat out the gate, just like old times. :D

ccosgrave

Quote from: dodgy umpire on February 17, 2009, 04:32:47 PM
Quote from: AFS on February 16, 2009, 11:17:28 PM
That new sponsor on the Wexford jerseys is hideous.

here here

Totally agree there, although the fact that they're just plastered over the old sponsor is only temporary - there's a new jersey coming out in two weeks or so. That said, I can't imagine it'll look a whole lot better on the new one, whatever it's like. "Sports Savers" is such a terrible name for a company anyway, I wish we'd stuck with Wexford Creamery.

Maguire01

I didn't get a proper look at it on Sunday, but the name just sounds cheap. And Wexford had one of the nicest jerseys in the past few years.

longshanks original

Quote from: thejuice on February 12, 2009, 02:05:27 PM

Thats the nicest jersey ive seen its a pity id get bottled up here for wearing it!! ;D

donelli

Have to say the Kerry jersey looks the best out this year.

baoithe

Quote from: ccosgrave on February 18, 2009, 08:59:25 PM
Quote from: dodgy umpire on February 17, 2009, 04:32:47 PM
Quote from: AFS on February 16, 2009, 11:17:28 PM
That new sponsor on the Wexford jerseys is hideous.

here here

Totally agree there, although the fact that they're just plastered over the old sponsor is only temporary - there's a new jersey coming out in two weeks or so. That said, I can't imagine it'll look a whole lot better on the new one, whatever it's like. "Sports Savers" is such a terrible name for a company anyway, I wish we'd stuck with Wexford Creamery.

You mean you wish Wexford Creamery stuck with ye!?

ccosgrave

Well, from what I've been told, Wexford Creamery were happy to continue being the sponsors, but as the county board is so heavily in debt, I guess they were under pressure to make more from the sponsorship deal.

Maguire01

Quote from: ccosgrave on February 20, 2009, 09:13:14 AM
Well, from what I've been told, Wexford Creamery were happy to continue being the sponsors, but as the county board is so heavily in debt, I guess they were under pressure to make more from the sponsorship deal.
I find that difficult to believe. I don't think many county boards would let go of their current sponsors without having a replacement already lined up - which seemed to be the case for Wexford - especially in the current economic climate. Also, i'd find it hard to believe that a company called 'Sports Savers' would/could provide more sponsorship than Wexford Creamery.

thejuice

Do Carlow have a new crest by the way? If you look at the links on GAA.ie to the various county websites the Carlow one is a yellow-green-red circle rather than the usual white and red crest. But theres no sign of the new one any where else!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

baoithe

Quote from: ccosgrave on February 20, 2009, 09:13:14 AM

This is hardly an issue worth debating but for what it is worth, the Wexford Creamery sponsorship was apparently worth in the region of €80,000 to the Wexford County Board. Back in January Wexford Creamery announced they would cease their sponsorship of Wexford GAA. I believe this was in line with a restructuring of Wexford Creamery instigated by its parent company in the UK - Danone I think but could be wrong.

I'm sure there's a link to all of this information on the Business or Sport section of rte.ie as I recall hearing it on the busniess news in early January.

Anyway it's a moot point in the context of this thread.

Maguire01

Just spotted this up-close image. From one of the nicest jerseys to one of the worst, in one season.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Maguire01 on April 21, 2009, 09:59:55 PM
Just spotted this up-close image. From one of the nicest jerseys to one of the worst, in one season.

Nice jersey shame about the sponsor
You'll Never Walk Alone.