Spongebob Square Pants

Started by girt_giggler, November 10, 2008, 02:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

My eldest (4years of age) more or less rules the TV in our house having to watch cartoons.  He goes buck mad if he doesn't get them on so its easier to let him watch them.  Like most kids that age he chops & changes what his favourite cartoon from week-to-week, none of which are watchable for me!

However, at the moment he is into Spongebob Square Pants.  Anyone ever watch it? I'm loving it, think it's quality, as is the movie.  Just hope I don't go home this evening and he has moved onto something else!  ;D

lurganblue

yep, nothing wrong with spongebob. better than eastenders anyway  ;D

Bud Wiser

I luv ould Spongebob.  Is that Finbar Fury that sings the intro, "Who lives in a pineapple under the sea" ?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

bennydorano

Spongebob is tops, it's one of those cartoons that appeal to both adults and kids, a lot of it is lost on kids.

Futurama is still the best cartoon on TV IMO.

fitzroyalty

thejuice

Spongebob is damaging our children and is a vehicle for pro-gay propaganda. If you dont believe me just ask right-wing religous nutter James Dobson

http://www2.focusonthefamily.com/docstudy/newsletters/A000000764.cfm
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

the colonel

i once sat and watched two fathers of 30 discuss spongebob at great detail, these where the kind of fellas who wouldnt like their masculinity mocked but they freely discussed spongebob at great lengths and their own favourite episodes. was very strange

the difference between success and failure is energy

Over the Bar

Whilst not appropriate for anyone other than older kids SBSP is a great show even for adults.

SidelineKick

Quote from: lurganblue on November 10, 2008, 03:01:11 PM
yep, nothing wrong with spongebob. better than eastenders anyway  ;D

Wash your mouth out.  Eastenders is best viewing on tv!  Though don't watch it if you're feeling depressed!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Shamrock Shore

If there was a GAABoard Official Spongebob Squarepants club I'd want in.

It's brilliant.

girt_giggler

I'd be in! I watched the movie again for the 2nd night in a row last night til i nodded off!  ;D