Best Footballer in Ireland..

Started by 5 Sams, November 08, 2008, 02:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yes I Would

Cavanagah!! No one even close to him based on current form.I believe he will eventually prove himself to be a more important player to Tyrone than Canavan.
If there were a transfer fee in the modern game, his value would top the list.

Profile is irrelevant. Cavanagh also does his talking on the pitch.

johnpower

At present Sean Cavanagh based on the last number of months performance .The question of who is the all time great is a source of great debate .

ONeill

Quote from: Yes I Would on November 08, 2008, 05:10:35 PM
Cavanagah!! No one even close to him based on current form.I believe he will eventually prove himself to be a more important player to Tyrone than Canavan.
If there were a transfer fee in the modern game, his value would top the list.

Profile is irrelevant. Cavanagh also does his talking on the pitch.

Can't agree. Canavan was Tyrone from 94-2001
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yes I Would

No debate at the minute but Cavanagh is what 25 and has been central to 3 All Ireland successes.
If this guy improves and the bearded one stays at the helm, then Cavanagh should be the man lifting Sam in the not too distant future.  How many times, only time will tell. 
Histroy ultimately shows a players worth, although surely Canavans record on Enda will count against him.

J70

Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2008, 03:18:39 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2008, 02:39:04 AM
..right lads gimme your views.

Cavanagh is probably the most high profile ...and is one of the best exponents of the game today ...BUT...is he better than Tomas...Mattie...Canty..Benny..Clucko...what constitutes the best player in the land??

Take a moment in time this year and ask yourself...fcuk me me that's the best player in the country................

Just wonderin like???

Who the f**k is "Clucko"?  ???

Anyone?

aroundincircles

Rav67

Alan Brogan.  Down folk over-rate Benny Coulter, he's good but is relatively easy to blot out of a game as many teams have done in recent years.

maggie

i love the way cav always thanks the person who passes the ball to him when he scores with a wee  thumbs up

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: AFS on November 09, 2008, 04:29:04 PM
Quote from: Rav67 on November 09, 2008, 12:36:05 PM
Alan Brogan.  Down folk over-rate Benny Coulter, he's good but is relatively easy to blot out of a game as many teams have done in recent years.

How dare you suggest that!  ;)

Would easily have him over any armagh player.

bennydorano

If there was a transfer market I'd have Graham Canty first in.

mouview

Gooch, gooch, gooch.  Absolutely consumate forward. (unfortunately!)

Cavanagh is a very fine player but is a bit 'de jour'.

thebandit

Quote from: Rav67 on November 09, 2008, 12:36:05 PM

Two overrated footballers in one sentance :D

Yes I Would

Quote from: mouview on November 09, 2008, 08:34:33 PM
Gooch, gooch, gooch.  Absolutely consumate forward. (unfortunately!)

Cavanagh is a very fine player but is a bit 'de jour'.

Del Boy Trotter???

5 Sams

Quote from: J70 on November 09, 2008, 06:51:47 AM
Quote from: J70 on November 08, 2008, 03:18:39 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on November 08, 2008, 02:39:04 AM
..right lads gimme your views.

Cavanagh is probably the most high profile ...and is one of the best exponents of the game today ...BUT...is he better than Tomas...Mattie...Canty..Benny..Clucko...what constitutes the best player in the land??

Take a moment in time this year and ask yourself...fcuk me me that's the best player in the country................

Just wonderin like???

Who the f**k is "Clucko"?  ???

Anyone?

Sorry lads what I was trying to say through the haze of a bottle and a half of vino tinto on Friday night was...Sean is player of the year...deservedly so....but is there guys better than him in their own positions that's why I mentioned Cluxton and Tomas......in an awkward kind of way I'm trying to figure out who is the best exponent of our game right now...mebbe Darragh, mebbe Sean, mebbe even Dooher....
The Aristocrat Years

The Voice Of Reason

I've had to go with Colm Cooper ... vision-wise he's operating on a different plane to every other footballer in the country in my opinion (he's the only footballer I've watched who has picked out passes that people high up in the stands of Croke Park couldn't even see)