Started by pintsofguinness, November 06, 2008, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ONeill on November 09, 2008, 11:55:03 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 09, 2008, 11:50:30 PM
Is it true they blocked his IP address?

100%

:D Unreal!
Hope Hardstation is having as good a laugh at this as us!
Any other discussion boards hes on?

GAAboardmod1

Hardstation was initially given a warning for abusing a poster and his wife. Upon receiving the warning he chose to abuse me, I asked him to refrain from doing so or it would carry a ban, he continued so he received a ban (four strikes altogether). Subsequently he has continued to use the board under different accounts, forcing us to put a ban on his IP address as this was making the ban null.

I hope this clears up the matter.

1. Personal abuse.
   Personal abuse is one of the most common problems on internet boards. Known sometimes as 'playing the man', whether foul language is used or not, this behaviour is
   not allowed.
   e.g. Calling someone a fat fool is the same as calling someone something more vulgar. This rule applies even in situations where another user has breached this, or
   another rule. Retaliation is still a breach of the rule.

Penalties- 1st Offence - Warning,  Second Offence - 2 Day Ban, Third Offence - 10 Day Ban, Fourth Offence - Permanent Ban

ONeill

So is a pm telling you to catch a grip 'continued abuse'? If so, you've been 'abused' on this thread several times by many. You've a long night ahead of you.

As for abusing his wife, catch a grip! I've done the same to Fearon countless times and he to me. And it's not even abuse.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Why does someone giving you back chat annoy you so much? seeing you are anonymous,this should not bother you!
Hardstation is one of the better contributors on this board!
What about the Bard? any word of him lately?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: GAAboardmod1 on November 10, 2008, 12:20:38 AM
Hardstation was initially given a warning for abusing a poster and his wife. Upon receiving the warning he chose to abuse me, I asked him to refrain from doing so or it would carry a ban, he continued so he received a ban (four strikes altogether). Subsequently he has continued to use the board under different accounts, forcing us to put a ban on his IP address as this was making the ban null.

I hope this clears up the matter.

1. Personal abuse.
   Personal abuse is one of the most common problems on internet boards. Known sometimes as 'playing the man', whether foul language is used or not, this behaviour is
   not allowed.
   e.g. Calling someone a fat fool is the same as calling someone something more vulgar. This rule applies even in situations where another user has breached this, or
   another rule. Retaliation is still a breach of the rule.

Penalties- 1st Offence - Warning,  Second Offence - 2 Day Ban, Third Offence - 10 Day Ban, Fourth Offence - Permanent Ban

Mod1 - if you have no objections (and hardstation doesn't), would it be possible to post up exactly what he was banned for as people are being given wildly different interpretations of what was said and if we can see, at least it'll be out in the open.

And when you say he continued to use the board under different usernames, was this to post or just to browse? If it was just to browse then surely its no problem as he could do that anyway without being logged in?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Carmen Stateside

I would also like to see what he posted to see how serious it was?

ONeill

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=9941.75

Was it this thread? If so, tame stuff.

btw, apparently this was the abuse of the poster's wife (paraphrased)-

"Given your online discussion ability, I do wonder how you got a wife"

Bear in mind the poster in question told HS he'd use his posts to wipe his arse with - it was tit-for-tat nonsense, sprinkled with humour.
When warned, HS told the mod to wise up.
Mods told him never to speak to him/her like that again.
HS says whatever, ban if you want.
Banned.

Again, that's paraphrased but the gist of it. Now, to me, that sounds like a personality clash.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Aaron Boone

Average 13 posts a day from HS.
What's he going to do?

dodo

Belated happy 2nd birthday to the present form of the GAABoard........ was 2 years on the go on Sunday.

Doire abú

Bring HS back!!

definetly one of the best posters on the board.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann