GAA Board Newsletter: Pleas for Hardstation Early Release

Started by pintsofguinness, November 06, 2008, 02:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

To clarify on EG, myself and him were on warnings to stop winding each other up (possibly under the feud rule??).
He was then banned for ignoring this warning. Not 100% sure if it was this rule or the personal abuse rule, or both.

On his return I resolved to have no more contact with him, I politely told him this when he directed a post at me. Since that I made no contact with him, despite his referral to me and my posts, nor posted about him (apologies for breaking this resolve but I feel board members deserve an explanation).

But a few days back he referred to whoever got him banned as a "pathetic little creep", obviously aimed at me.

So to call someone a "pathetic little creep" alone might not be so bad. But when you are warned to avoid someone, ignore this, abuse them, get banned, then on your return call the person names despite no provocation whatsoever is naive to say the least, he must have expected the ban given the previous warnings.

I will continue to avoid EG and avoid referring to him, but I just thought some explanation should be given for his banning, especially given that it related directly to me.

Ask me holy bollix

Puckoon

Some of the same old issues keep coming up with the same old people.

Minder

Would i be right in saying HHNB you have been involved in a few feuds on here? It all sounds familiar.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rossfan

Could all Mayo posters be banned till the Ballagh Rossies can play with their native County?  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

theskull1

As someone who was on the receiving end of constant juvenile name calling I can side with hhnb on how grating it can get when it becomes obvious they only want to drag you down to their level

Personally feel that both men were good contributers although EG did go on a bit and I don't think I would enjoy the mans company. He does however bring balance to some of the political debates which is needed. I'd love to know what he enjoys about posting here though. Maybe keep us right is fun enough. The board would be a duller place without HS. His left field one liners will be sorely missed when heated debates are raging (has obviously got family from the country....you wouldn't that in the city. Hope they both get reinstated
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

milltown row

who's right and who's wrong in these situations? EG gave his views, which from his perspective he's right. had we been brought up in his traditions then we'd all be backing him. we can't control were we are born. it happens, but we manage over the  years to be sucked into we were wronged and they are basta**s. if you continuously live within a cocoon and believe everything someone tells ya then your beat.

if we are to ever get on with one another then we have accept that people were wronged on both sides, who was wronged the most??? well there's no point as it wont change it

ONeill

Milltown, the mods have been given a vote of no confidence but it doesn't make a jot.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

milltown row

maybe they are biased. who isn't?

bring back the genius and hard station. good craic. never seen the post that made it all happen. not like station to be hung up on the views, mainly taking the piss posts are his trademark,  which, i find amusing

ONeill

Quote from: milltown row on November 07, 2008, 11:25:55 PM
maybe they are biased. who isn't?

What? Then you have dictatorship. People with power should exercise control and fairness. I should have been banned many times for what some have been banned for doing once. I tried to get banned once and couldn't.

the green man

lynchbhoy

Poor old hardstation

our current 'cooler king'

hes good for an amusing post of three...

bring him back !

as for the other eejit, I'd say he prob didnt deserve a ban, but continually abusing HH isnt on.
However SS2 is spot on with his assessment of that chaps irrelevent input on here.

ONeill

Quote from: lynchbhoy on November 07, 2008, 11:48:36 PM

However SS2 is spot on with his assessment of that chaps irrelevent input on here.

Have a bit of self-respect and stop licking SS2's hole. He told me it's uncomfortable.