Linfield player hit by firework

Started by Square Ball, November 04, 2008, 10:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Terrible attack by a Cliftonville "fan" on a Linfield player

from the BBC

A Linfield player has been struck by a firework at the end of the County Antrim Shield final at Windsor Park in Belfast.

Conor Hagan fell to the ground after being struck by the device seconds after the final whistle.

The firework was thrown by Cliftonville fans whose team had won the match by 2-1

Hagan, a former Portadown and Distillery midfielder, signed for Linfield in May this year.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Gabriel_Hurl

shocking behaviour - let's see the apologists come out now

Stalin

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

aroundincircles

shocking. i wonder if the darling bbc will show it 230000 time on tomorrows sport.

Owenmoresider

For all the whataboutery, it was a disgraceful act, seen it earlier.

What some mightn't realise is that something similiar nearly happened in a LOI game a fortnight or so ago, Pat's v Bohs IIRC. Only just missed Bohs' CB Heary narrowly.

Here it is:

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=RKQaaFsGD7U

Orior

Will they fine Linfield for not providing adequate crowd control, a la Cliftonville in the 1980's?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ExiledGael

Quote from: Stalin on November 04, 2008, 10:38:14 PM
lol

Not overly that funny is it. If it was a Cliftonville player and someone sneered at it on OWC there'd be outrage here.

aroundincircles

A horrible act i do agree there was only 71 cliftenville fans at the game surely he should be easy caught ;)

Minder

I tell you there are some low lifes that follow Cliftonville. Cue the usual tools on here saying "but what about the time . . . . . "
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Yes I Would

Quote from: aroundincircles on November 04, 2008, 10:42:32 PM
shocking. i wonder if the darling bbc will show it 230000 time on tomorrows sport.

Here, they still have Sundays (past) Gaa action to get through, so firwrok incident will have to join the queue.

Twas a bad act !!  You get that with the soccer crowd though.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Complete lowlifes. Hope the fella is alright. If he'd been hit int he face it could have been even worse. Fireworks are generally a menace to society.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

aroundincircles

surely the man sitting beside him  seen him do it.

Square Ball

Quote from: Minder on November 04, 2008, 10:47:39 PM
I tell you there are some low lifes that follow Cliftonville. Cue the usual tools on here saying "but what about the time . . . . . "

theres low lifes that follow every team, dickheads who ever they were. Probably sitting in some bar having a laught about what they have just done
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

aroundincircles

we are letting that type into one of the biggest stadiums in europe too. (croke park)

Orior

Fireworks shouldnt be on sale to the public, full stop.

Is Conor Hagan any relation of the guy who used to play for Larne in the 80's?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians