Oops, he did it again...

Started by Evil Genius, November 04, 2008, 04:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

It is great for the League of Ireland that players like Kevin Doyle have made such an impact in England, as clubs feel the pinch they will certainly look to Ireland for players who will be much cheaper  That can only be good for soccer South and North.

saffron sam2

Good luck to young McGinn, hopefully he gets a run tonight.

However, the cynic in me thinks that his first cap will be won a lot more easily than his second.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

nifan

Quote from: saffron sam2 on November 19, 2008, 12:20:55 PM
However, the cynic in me thinks that his first cap will be won a lot more easily than his second.

With Davis, Johnson and McCann all out he has a better shout of getting a run out than he generally would.

Id imagine Chris Brunt, Sammy Clingan, Michael O'Connor and Keith Gillespie will start though.

naka

who cares, the 26 county team/the 6 county team, both are crap and don`t represent me, I have more allegiance to the rugby team than either of these mobs

nifan

Quote from: naka on November 19, 2008, 01:26:24 PM
who cares, the 26 county team/the 6 county team, both are crap and don`t represent me, I have more allegiance to the rugby team than either of these mobs

There are plenty of fans of both teams. If you dont care, fair enough,

As for crap, would you only support your local GAA team if it was successful?

imtommygunn

What happened - did McGinn get any game time?

saffron sam2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 20, 2008, 02:13:42 PM
What happened - did McGinn get any game time?

My source tells me he came on in the 55th minute and looked quite lively. Butterknife reckoned that the crowd responded less favourably to McGinn than say, for example (his example) Warren Feeney. I have no idea if this is true, I wasn't at the game, I haven't seen any highlights, just spoke to a well-respected source.

Still, that will put Trap off sniffing round McGinn, he's now tied to NI regardless.

Paddy Power is offering odds on which Derry City linked player will win his second cap first.

Pat McCourt 5/2
Liam Coyle 8/1
Niall McGinn 16/1
None of the above Evens
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

imtommygunn

Well fair play to him. Hopefully he either gets a contract in England / Scotland out of it or he decides to go back to the GA and gets  a chance on the bigger stage to show what he's made of.

What does less favourable mean? Booed?

stiffler

From ESPN:

Match Stats 
Northern Ireland  Hungary 
Shots (on Goal)  6(3)  10(2) 
Fouls  21  12 
Corner Kicks  5  4 
Offsides  3  5 
Time of Possession  44%  56% 
Yellow Cards  2  0 
Red Cards  0  0 
Saves  0  3 

Match Information 
Stadium: Windsor Park
Attendance: 6,251
Match Time: 19:45 UK

There was more at the tyrone county final than there was in windsor last nite!!

Ah well, if he gets a move across to an english or scottish club out of it i guess its a means to an end.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

nifan

Wow, surprised by the low attendance stiffler!

I wasnt there last night through illness, but that is comfortably the lowest attendance in a good few years surely.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: nifan on November 20, 2008, 08:14:25 PM
Wow, surprised by the low attendance stiffler!

I wasnt there last night through illness, but that is comfortably the lowest attendance in a good few years surely.

I think that you maybe having to get used to those sort of numbers from now on (with exception for one or two of the "top" games) nifan.
The good times at Windsor are over methinks, the squads purple patch has ended.
Tbc....

nifan

Dirty dozen - you think itd have been better to have 6500 people in a 42000 seater last night?

stiffler

Whats the capacity of Mournview ?

I know they play Under 21 internationals there, so i assume that it would pass all the tests windsor would for internationals. (plus glenavon wouldnt take 30% of the gate).

nifan

5000 but only 4000 seated
Ballymena also has 4000 seats

stiffler

Quote from: nifan on November 20, 2008, 08:43:55 PM
5000 but only 4000 seated
Ballymena also has 4000 seats

Would it be possible to hold full internationals there?

from the ifas perspective windsor last nite- £20*6,251*0.7=£87,514

If there was tempoary seating in the standing area in mourneview then the gate receipts would have been greater.