Author Topic: American Sports Thread  (Read 621716 times)

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
Re: American Sports Thread
« Reply #12570 on: May 15, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »
It was an unreal play but on some respects it was a free go. Game was not lost as it was going to overtime so it was a good percentage shot. Execution was great though and as has been said the high arc to get it in was essential. The reality is that given the closeness of many of these teams at this level this type of ‘clutch’ play is regular. Small margins and Leonard has been outstanding all the way this season.

Was class but a free go as you said....v different than a must make bucket when youre 2 down. Still. Class

Gutted as i like the 76ers
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Maiden1

• View Profile
« Reply #12571 on: May 15, 2019, 09:37:42 PM »
Steve Kerr has changed basketball completely in terms of shot selection. 5 or 6 years ago a player would get a bolloxing for taking on too many 3 point shots. Now all the top teams have 2 or 3 players that are expected to shoot on site from 3 point range. I think I read somewhere that the stats guys re-did the numbers and worked out it was a more efficient strategy even if in theory 70% shooting 2 point shots (expected points per shot 1.4) is better than 40% at 3 (expected points 1.2 per shot) but shooting from further out guarantees getting more shots off and stretches the defence who before where blank style getting in position protecting the rim, now teams have to come out or the best players will shoot the lights out from beyond arc. When they do come out that leaves more space inside so easier layups. Also turn over from 3 point shot the team are all in position to defend fast break so concede less when ball is turned over.

It would be interesting in gaa if a team had 3 or 4 players that shot fairly well that just fired off shots from 35/40 meters when the other team sat in blanket defence. 1 point no matter where score from might make it not quite as good a strategy.
If you want something, you have to work for it. Now quiet they're about to announce the lottery no's

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #12572 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:27 AM »
The retort of a 9 year old

You? More like 6 I'd say.

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #12573 on: May 17, 2019, 12:07:27 AM »
Patrick Peterson corner back of the Arizona Cardinals has been suspended 6 games for taking performance enhancing drugs. Normally it is 4 games for a first offence but he had a masking agent in his sample as well so it is a six game suspension. This is a big blow for the Cardinals and a bigger blow for Petersons reputation.

brokencrossbar1

• View Profile

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12575 on: May 31, 2019, 08:54:47 AM »
Raptors take Game 1 of the finals behind a huge performance from Pascal Siakam.

Drake, the absolute tool, was giving it large to Draymond. Can't imagine that'll be the smartest thing he's ever done.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: May 31, 2019, 02:45:35 PM »
Massive win - more of the same in Game 2

f**k Draymond

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12577 on: May 31, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »
Massive win - more of the same in Game 2

f**k Draymond

f**k Drake.

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: May 31, 2019, 04:06:49 PM »
Letting a musician get in your head LOL

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: May 31, 2019, 06:15:02 PM »
I forgot I had such a vested interest in the fates of two franchises on the far side of the Atlantic competing for glory in a sport that probably ranks 6th or 7th amongst my favourites to the extent that I "let a musician get in my head"  ::)

What are you, 12?

Gabriel_Hurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: May 31, 2019, 06:49:43 PM »
I was talking about Draymond there champ  .......

Capt Pat

• View Profile
« Reply #12581 on: June 11, 2019, 12:20:34 AM »
Kellen Winslow ll has been found guilty of the rape of a 58 year old homeless woman amongst other charges. The former Buccaneers tight end, number 6 pick in the draft and son of hall of fame tight end Kellen Winslow faces 15 years to life in jail on the rape charge.

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: June 11, 2019, 12:30:34 AM »
KD getting rushed back for tonight, surely no way back for the warriors regardless of his impact?

Gmac

• View Profile
« Reply #12583 on: June 11, 2019, 01:36:15 AM »
KD getting rushed back for tonight, surely no way back for the warriors regardless of his impact?
durant is probably leaving anyway so warriors not too worried about an extended injury
They need to get something from him and try extend the series.

gawa316

• View Profile
« Reply #12584 on: June 11, 2019, 03:22:11 AM »
durant is probably leaving anyway so warriors not too worried about an extended injury
They need to get something from him and try extend the series.

Injures himself in second quarter after looking good.

Warriors up by 6 at the half but seriously up against it