Author Topic: Anton O’Toole RIP  (Read 1201 times)

Over the Bar

• '03 + '05 = '08
    • View Profile
Re: Anton O’Toole RIP
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2019, 11:55:23 PM »
68 is not old. Sad to see legends pass way so early

Sportacus

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2019, 12:20:36 PM »
I had the pleasure of Anton’s company a few times.  A true gent.  May he rest in peace.

Substandard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2019, 09:45:34 PM »
RIP- I have vague memories of watching him play when I was very young: I think it was Anton, but I have a memory of an outstanding goal scored into the roof of the net from 20 plus yards after a super run through the defence, but I can't remember the game or the opposition.  I do remember trying to replicate it against the gable of the house, and on the odd occasion that I succeeded, I was Anton O Toole.  I never managed it on the field!!
A time when heroes existed more in your imagination than in social media.

whitey

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 11:40:12 AM »
May he rest in peace . I was too young in his playing days to remember him . By what we read and gather etc he was obviously a great.

( Was there a mayo connection ) ?

According to Michael Commins on MidWest last night not only is his father from Garrymore but he is a first cousin of Billy Fitzpatrick and the Kearns clan from Davitts

Tatler Jack

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 12:46:20 PM »
RIP- I have vague memories of watching him play when I was very young: I think it was Anton, but I have a memory of an outstanding goal scored into the roof of the net from 20 plus yards after a super run through the defence, but I can't remember the game or the opposition.  I do remember trying to replicate it against the gable of the house, and on the odd occasion that I succeeded, I was Anton O Toole.  I never managed it on the field!!
A time when heroes existed more in your imagination than in social media.

I think that was AI semi final v Cork(defending champions) in 1974. First time I remember seeing him play. Indeed more innocent and arguably enjoyable times. An exciting player and sad to see him gone so young. RIP.

Seany

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 11:50:53 AM »
According to the Irish Times, the priest at his funeral said it was going to least five or six hours.  Surely not.