Author Topic: Elections North and South  (Read 32009 times)

The Trap

• View Profile
Re: Elections North and South
« Reply #270 on: May 22, 2019, 12:09:37 AM »
Watching the debates we all have to vote 1 2 3 in whatever order you want sf sdlp and alliance.
Unionists will ruin the economy to be part of a union that doesn't want them.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 22, 2019, 12:15:33 AM »
Agreed. As much as i like naomi having 2 actual nationalists will be even sweeter so I hope Collum gets it. If transfers follow the latest lucid talk poll then naomi will sneak it. If transfers follow the recent council elections then collum will get it. Either way kennedy is toast snd just as well as he has been crap in the debates

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2019, 12:18:13 AM »
Agreed. As much as i like naomi having 2 actual nationalists will be even sweeter so I hope Collum gets it. If transfers follow the latest lucid talk poll then naomi will sneak it. If transfers follow the recent council elections then collum will get it. Either way kennedy is toast snd just as well as he has been crap in the debates

If you are in the occupied territories, get out and and vote and make sure to transfer.
if at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 22, 2019, 12:45:53 AM »

If you are in the occupied territories, get out and and vote and make sure to transfer.
All the unionists spinning the line....it's all about the union.  Worst thing that can happen would be a 6 county pro-Brexit vote so, as you say, everyone needs 1,2and 3 for pro remain parties.

drillsergeant

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 22, 2019, 01:09:37 AM »

All the unionists spinning the line....it's all about the union.  Worst thing that can happen would be a 6 county pro-Brexit vote so, as you say, everyone needs 1,2and 3 for pro remain parties.

I couldnít agree more folks! Everyone needs to get out on Thursday an vote for Pro Remain Parties. Electing 2 Remainers should send the message loud an clear, just like 2016 us in the North of Ireland want to REMAIN in the EU!! 1.Anderson 2.Eastwood 3.Long for me!!

Farrandeelin

• Hey buckaroo! How are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 22, 2019, 08:09:53 AM »
How did the PT debate go down last night? Casey seems to be under pressure
The woman in red has the car parked on the slope.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 22, 2019, 08:56:49 AM »
It the north itís Ussins versus Themíuns and itís Themíuns fault for making Ussins vote/think that way.

Great. Where is that going to get us?

Put it another way- you need someone to clearly state the NI position, you need someone to participate in senior discussions, to come up with ideas, to build powerful alliances within European Parliament and tap into the wider remain campaign within Uk. Who is your first pick?

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 22, 2019, 09:16:09 AM »
How did the PT debate go down last night? Casey seems to be under pressure

It's not a great format with so many involved tbh, I wonder if they'd be better doing a 5-7 min interview with each of them.

I thought McGuinness came across as the most capable. McHugh did well also and I'll probably give her my 1st vote. I don't like that Carthy is planning to jump ship at the next election but he's very good at making his point imo.

Casey is no good apart from an occasional controversial soundbite, when ask to articulate further, he ties himself in knots.

The other four were a bit blah

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #278 on: May 22, 2019, 09:35:33 AM »
Only saw the start of It.
Ming like a lot of previously anti EU people got brought to reality by the Brexit fiasco.
Casey wants us to stay in the EU but wants us to get the same deal the Brits get after they leave!!
1 BIG CUP and 1 Cupeen so far....

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 22, 2019, 10:08:17 AM »
When you vote Tomorrow in the North there is only 1 Pro European Nationalist candidate on the ballot. Always was Pro European and always campaigned positively for Europe. And most importantly campaigned for a Remain vote in the Brexit referendum. Only 1 on the ballot. If you're a pro European Nationalist then Colum Eastwood should get your 1st preference.

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 22, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »
When you vote Tomorrow in the North there is only 1 Pro European Nationalist candidate on the ballot. Always was Pro European and always campaigned positively for Europe. And most importantly campaigned for a Remain vote in the Brexit referendum. Only 1 on the ballot. If you're a pro European Nationalist then Colum Eastwood should get your 1st preference.

It's only in recent years the SDLP have started playing the nationalist card and that will stick in the craw for some of us.

They'll still get on my ballot paper, but they've a bit of work to do to build on those nationalist credentials a bit more yet.

Far too quick to lie down to big house Unionism in the past. Too insignificant in recent years to matter.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 22, 2019, 11:09:53 AM »

It's only in recent years the SDLP have started playing the nationalist card and that will stick in the craw for some of us.

They'll still get on my ballot paper, but they've a bit of work to do to build on those nationalist credentials a bit more yet.

Far too quick to lie down to big house Unionism in the past.
Too insignificant in recent years to matter.

When was this? At the birth of the Civil rights? When they campaigned for equality and the right to vote long before it became trendy? When they reached out to the IRA and convinced it's leadership of the benefits of a ceasefire or maybe when they helped to bring an end to 30 years of violence when they negotiated the GFA?

They're the only Nationalist Party on the Ballot who have been consistent in their Pro-European credentials. They don't change their view depending upon what others are for or against.

JPGJOHNNYG

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 22, 2019, 11:26:47 AM »

Far too quick to lie down to big house Unionism in the past. Too insignificant in recent years to matter.

Certainly more nationalist than the Alliance party though which makes the lucid talk poll on 2nd prefs for SF bizarre. A quick look at the numbers and colum and Naomi will be neck and neck when one of them is eliminated. Its going to be very tight so those SF transfers will be vital

lurganblue

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »
Cant bring myself to transfer votes to any party I fundamentally disagree with on the majority of issues, Europe aside.  I feel if I did transfer my votes to them I would be no worse that the people who vote DUP just to keep them'uns out. It is hypocritical.

naka

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 22, 2019, 11:48:03 AM »
tbf the sdlp were always pro european so its fair to say that remainers should look to them.