Author Topic: Elections North and South  (Read 31443 times)

smelmoth

• View Profile
Re: Elections North and South
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2019, 09:19:20 AM »
What I find sad is that 20+ years after the GFA the majority of voters are still voting for the two extremes....green or orange. I canít see it changing any time soon.
Local council elections here in England were being hailed as if the people had risen up so to speak and given the two main parties a reality check......the sad reality is come a general election.....you have blue or red.
Iím certainly done with voting.

That makes no sense. There must be one candidate worth voting for. Get out and vote for them. Your are going to have a future, that future will be influenced by politicians. To opt out and leave the selection of and accountability of politicians to others is a cop out

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2019, 09:21:28 AM »
SF 27.2% Jesus wept. Martina Anderson isn't even credible as a person never mind a politician.

She was fighting a war while you were hiding under your bed.

Is this what passes as credentials for public office? If there is a candidateís debate are these the credentials she will bring to the fore? What does her promotional literature say?

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2019, 01:10:41 PM »
The bar is set pretty low when it comes to politicians here so I donít see what the obsession is with Martina Anderson other than a bit of old fashioned Sinn Fein bashing? Theyíre all pretty shite as individuals and politicians, she definitely doesnít have the monopoly in the department
You can criticise her without nailing SF. I think she is absolutely useless and has zero respect amongst her peers. She got voted in because of who she is rather than what she can do. I would equally say the same about Dodds.

If I wanted someone to diligently and competently fight my corner in Europe I'd go for Long. I'd even have Danny Kennedy ahead of either Anderson or Dodds.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2019, 01:14:10 PM »
SF 27.2% Jesus wept. Martina Anderson isn't even credible as a person never mind a politician.

She was fighting a war while you were hiding under your bed.

Ahhy dead on big lad.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2019, 01:14:43 PM »
The bar is set pretty low when it comes to politicians here so I donít see what the obsession is with Martina Anderson other than a bit of old fashioned Sinn Fein bashing? Theyíre all pretty shite as individuals and politicians, she definitely doesnít have the monopoly in the department
You can criticise her without nailing SF. I think she is absolutely useless and has zero respect amongst her peers. She got voted in because of who she is rather than what she can do. I would equally say the same about Dodds.

If I wanted someone to diligently and competently fight my corner in Europe I'd go for Long. I'd even have Danny Kennedy ahead of either Anderson or Dodds.

Have you ever seen Anderson and Dodds in the same debate? If you did you wouldn't put them anywhere near the same level!

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2019, 01:17:03 PM »
Think I would rather watch paint drying.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2019, 01:22:37 PM »

Any word of a candidateís debate? These candidates need to be properly exposed. Could play to Morriceís strength

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 14, 2019, 01:37:56 PM »

Any word of a candidateís debate? These candidates need to be properly exposed. Could play to Morriceís strength

Sure they were all on UTV last night!!!

Naomi will be getting my vote. . .

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 14, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »

Have you ever seen Anderson and Dodds in the same debate? If you did you wouldn't put them anywhere near the same level!
That's an argument around levels of mediocrity.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2019, 01:55:33 PM »

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »
What I find sad is that 20+ years after the GFA the majority of voters are still voting for the two extremes....green or orange. I canít see it changing any time soon.
Local council elections here in England were being hailed as if the people had risen up so to speak and given the two main parties a reality check......the sad reality is come a general election.....you have blue or red.

That makes no sense. There must be one candidate worth voting for. Get out and vote for them. Your are going to have a future, that future will be influenced by politicians. To opt out and leave the selection of and accountability of politicians to others is a cop out

If you think the calibre of candidate in N.I. is poor....ie Dodds and Anderson......have a look at who is standing in England😂 from Tommy Robinson to Ann Widdecombe to Farage to Lord Adonis....if I only had four bullets left in my gun.....Farage gets them all. Iím beyond caring anymore and really feel for the younger generation. Hopefully if Iím still alive come next year Iíll head somewhere warm to live out whatever time I have left.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 14, 2019, 02:21:40 PM »
Great exchange from last nights show  ::) ::) ::) ::)

https://twitter.com/RockofLifeNI/status/1128076852013277185

Jim is an absolute gipe. Embarrassing for unionism.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2019, 03:23:04 PM »

Sure they were all on UTV last night!!!

Naomi will be getting my vote. . .
Missed that. Anything worth catching up on? How did the 2 incumbents do?

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2019, 03:23:59 PM »
May I ask what have the SDLP and the UUP done wrong in comparison to the extreme parties in the North?

Itís not as is the SDLP have murdered anyone, have they?
Genuinely curious.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2019, 03:25:02 PM »

If you think the calibre of candidate in N.I. is poor....ie Dodds and Anderson......have a look at who is standing in England😂 from Tommy Robinson to Ann Widdecombe to Farage to Lord Adonis....if I only had four bullets left in my gun.....Farage gets them all. Iím beyond caring anymore and really feel for the younger generation. Hopefully if Iím still alive come next year Iíll head somewhere warm to live out whatever time I have left.

With a population the size of GB Iím not surprised that there are 4 candidates as bad as that but there are other candidates and you only have to pick one