Author Topic: Elections North and South  (Read 31242 times)

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
Re: Elections North and South
« Reply #240 on: May 16, 2019, 06:56:54 AM »
Anyone guess who'll be elected in the various constituencies in the 26? Mairead McGuinness will prob top the poll in Midlands/North/West. Apart from that???
Mairťad McGuinness
Ming
Brendan Smith
Carthy or Casey. People are copping on to Carthyís co-option party trick.

Ireland South:
SeŠn Kelly
Liadh NŪ Riada
Billy Kelleher
Clune/ Smith
Byrne

Dublin:
Fitzgerald
Andrews
Boylan
Iíve a funny feeling that Cuffe will get the last one.

IMHO, of course. I may be proven to be wrong.
Only 4 seats in South and 3 in Dublin. Other seats suspended because the British are still there.

Iím aware of that.

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 16, 2019, 10:40:45 AM »
Anyone guess who'll be elected in the various constituencies in the 26? Mairead McGuinness will prob top the poll in Midlands/North/West. Apart from that???
Mairťad McGuinness
Ming
Brendan Smith
Carthy or Casey. People are copping on to Carthyís co-option party trick.

Ireland South:
SeŠn Kelly
Liadh NŪ Riada
Billy Kelleher
Clune/ Smith
Byrne

Dublin:
Fitzgerald
Andrews
Boylan
Iíve a funny feeling that Cuffe will get the last one.

IMHO, of course. I may be proven to be wrong.
Only 4 seats in South and 3 in Dublin. Other seats suspended because the British are still there.

Iím aware of that.
Number 4 is going to have to wait in the sidelines pending the UK exit. For Dublin, have they said if they are going to count it like a 4 seater, or do it as a 3 seater first and then re-count as a 4?

It could make a big difference.
Last time the top 4 in Dublin (3 seater), in order, were:
1. Boylan
2. Childers
3. Hayes
4. Ryan

But if they'd counted it as a 4 seater, the order would have been:
1. Boylan
2. Childers
3. Ryan
4. Hayes

So Eamonn Ryan would have got in automatically and Brian Hayes would have had to wait until UK finally left.

This is because under the second scenario, Boylan would have had a 13,000 excess over the quota to distribute and Ryan was only about 1,000 votes behind Hayes, so it's thought he'd have comfortably passed him out.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #242 on: May 16, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »
Might have it wrong but I believe Dublin and South will be counted as 4/5 seats with 4th and 5th elected on the bench waiting for the United Chaosdom to leave the EU.
1 Cupeen so far

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 16, 2019, 12:47:22 PM »
Might have it wrong but I believe Dublin and South will be counted as 4/5 seats with 4th and 5th elected on the bench waiting for the United Chaosdom to leave the EU.

That's what I read also

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 16, 2019, 04:29:05 PM »
Lucky for Frances, she's becoming even more photogenic for the election!

Recent picture

Election picture

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 16, 2019, 10:58:09 PM »
Jim Allister is better at making his point than Kennedy (Danny that is), Dodds or Anderson. Admittedly his point is bloody stupid. Dodds is a lightweight. Kennedy looks bewildered and Anderson is the female embodiment of Cicero

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 17, 2019, 08:42:27 AM »
Jim Allister is better at making his point than Kennedy (Danny that is), Dodds or Anderson. Admittedly his point is bloody stupid. Dodds is a lightweight. Kennedy looks bewildered and Anderson is the female embodiment of Cicero

Won't be voting SF this time anyway.  Watching that 'armoured cars and tanks and guns' speech of Anderson's a while back made me sick in my mouth a little.

However, you don't do much to present the positive case for voting Alliance smelmoth.  Constantly attacking the other candidates reeks of someone with nothing of substance to say.  And it's tiresome.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 17, 2019, 09:12:46 AM »

Won't be voting SF this time anyway.  Watching that 'armoured cars and tanks and guns' speech of Anderson's a while back made me sick in my mouth a little.

However, you don't do much to present the positive case for voting Alliance smelmoth.  Constantly attacking the other candidates reeks of someone with nothing of substance to say.  And it's tiresome.

Sorry that you find it tiresome. I have posted several times to expose that SF lie to their supporters about the nature of UI on offer, that SF and DUP donít like being challenged, have no answers when challenged and have no positive track record to point to despite the opportunities afforded them. Itís tiring work but Iíll persevere.

As for the positive case for Alliance I have posted the merits of their candidate (can or has anyone argued that any of the other candidates is more capable). I have argued that Long is more capable of arguing the remain case, highlighting the unique NI circumstances and the range of opinions and contexts in NI (by all means for someone who can do this better). I have argued that Long can collect the required transfers in a way that say Kennedy and Eastwood canít (and explained why). I have argued for voting for a Remain candidate and have argued that this election (amongst others) does not have to be along unionist/nationalist lines. It may be tiresome but you canít seriously pretend that itís not positive

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 17, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
Danny's been guldering.

Daniel McCrossan MLA 🕊🇪🇺
@McCrossanMLA

12h
Youíve heard it loud and clear - in 2016 Naomi Long publicly stated that she accepted the result of the Referendum to leave the EU!

THE
@SDLPlive
 IS THE ONLY TRUE EUROPEAN PARTY!

If people want a strong voice against Brexit, they must come out and Vote
@columeastwood
 on Thurs

I sense from the SDLP establishment that they are really worried about Alliance getting the 3rd seat ahead of them.

Keyser soze

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 17, 2019, 12:13:31 PM »
I had been sure that the third seat would remain unionist, but after watching Danny Kennedy last night you would wonder how anybody could vote or transfer to him he is so ineffectual. 

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2019, 01:23:52 PM »
He must be good....sure he was an Executive minister, after all.

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2019, 01:30:58 PM »
He is not the worst of people and he isnít even the worst candidate but he looked utterly clueless last night. He gave the impression of being informed of his candidacy just as the production manager was counting down to the live broadcast

Franko

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2019, 04:19:58 PM »
Danny's been guldering.

Daniel McCrossan MLA 🕊🇪🇺
@McCrossanMLA

12h
Youíve heard it loud and clear - in 2016 Naomi Long publicly stated that she accepted the result of the Referendum to leave the EU!

THE
@SDLPlive
 IS THE ONLY TRUE EUROPEAN PARTY!

If people want a strong voice against Brexit, they must come out and Vote
@columeastwood
 on Thurs

I sense from the SDLP establishment that they are really worried about Alliance getting the 3rd seat ahead of them.

A snivelling weasel if ever there was one.

The SDLP need to realise that characters like this do them more harm than good.

Never mind giving them a first preference vote, the odiousness of this particular character would even make me question giving the SDLP a transfer.

It's looking like Naomi 1 at this stage.

marty34

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 17, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »

You mention everybody but Long!!! After last night I wonder why?

They were all brutal - only winner was Mark C - he blew them out of the water!

smelmoth

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2019, 05:53:57 PM »

You mention everybody but Long!!! After last night I wonder why?

They were all brutal - only winner was Mark C - he blew them out of the water!

Well wonder no longer. I didnít mention Long because at time of writing she had not spoke. Hope that clears things up for you

The winner in the debate was clearly Long.

Iím a fan of Carruthers but think the voting transfer question was misguided. None of the candidates were ever going to answer that question directly