Author Topic: Lurgan  (Read 11949 times)

JimStynes

• View Profile
Re: Lurgan
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2019, 08:35:31 AM »
Lurgan isn't a bad place at all and lots of nice areas in it, including the area Rois was talking about moving to. A small minority gives Lurgan a bad name and the local politicians don't help either by drumming up hate at various times of the year.

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
Including very recently over the soldier F banner

charlieTully

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2019, 11:06:38 AM »

Good work by the young team taking it down and putting a match to it.

Don Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2019, 11:32:23 AM »

There was a revenge attack in Kilwilkie last night. Ones from the other end paint bombed the Republican murals and the Easter Rising monument thing at the bottom of the road.

trailer

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2019, 11:36:59 AM »

There was a revenge attack in Kilwilkie last night. Ones from the other end paint bombed the Republican murals and the Easter Rising monument thing at the bottom of the road.

Is there a bigger kip anywhere in the North?

The Gs Man

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
Get yourself a house near the train station and walk to it. There's plenty of housing around the Victoria St. area. Close to Lord Lurgan Park and a short walk from the town centre while you're at it. The Lough Rd. is a good spot. Me and the missus stay in the Derry Lodge B&B any time we're visiting family now.

Dunno how long you have been away but Victoria Street is definitely not an advisable place to live these days.

How about Albert St. and the like? What's gone wrong with Victoria Street? I had a lot of mates living there when I was at school and it wasn't a bad place.

Lived in the Lough Road/Victoria St area myself growing up.  Take your life in your hands walking down Victoria Street or Albert Street late at night now! 

From Derrylodge Manor on down towards Woodville is all grand though.
Keep 'er lit

general_lee

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2019, 12:13:09 PM »

Is there a bigger stoop snob anywhere in the north?

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2019, 01:03:09 PM »

Your house

tonto1888

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2019, 01:03:50 PM »
Get yourself a house near the train station and walk to it. There's plenty of housing around the Victoria St. area. Close to Lord Lurgan Park and a short walk from the town centre while you're at it. The Lough Rd. is a good spot. Me and the missus stay in the Derry Lodge B&B any time we're visiting family now.

Dunno how long you have been away but Victoria Street is definitely not an advisable place to live these days.

How about Albert St. and the like? What's gone wrong with Victoria Street? I had a lot of mates living there when I was at school and it wasn't a bad place.

Lived in the Lough Road/Victoria St area myself growing up.  Take your life in your hands walking down Victoria Street or Albert Street late at night now! 

Admittedly I canít speak for Albert street but this is complete nonsense in regards to Victoria street

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2019, 01:24:02 PM »
Too many shinies like Gís man moving out to good country areas like Aghagallon.

The Gs Man

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2019, 01:41:25 PM »

Admittedly I canít speak for Albert street but this is complete nonsense in regards to Victoria street

Ok, slight exaggeration, but I'm more basing it on the offshoots of Victoria St like Princess Street and Woodville St etc.....
Keep 'er lit