Author Topic: Money, Dublin and the GAA  (Read 97056 times)

TheGreatest

• View Profile
Re: Money, Dublin and the GAA
« Reply #1665 on: February 26, 2019, 01:39:46 PM »
Also the club should come first, Inter county is a part of a wider GAA, don't give up just because of the politics in Mayo football.

From the Bunker

• View Profile
Re: Money, Dublin and the GAA
« Reply #1666 on: February 26, 2019, 02:20:42 PM »
[Were you at the Dublin Mayo game on the weekend?

Yes thatís what I was referring to.

Gave up going to watch Mayo last year. Just before the Connacht Final. The disgust and conflict were taking away the enjoyment. There were just to many things wrong that it was hard to ignore them anymore.  It hard when you love something but you know in your heart and sole that there is a Financial doped monster like Dublin and you are only contributing to making it bigger. It was not an easy decision, I lived GAA. Anyway I look from a distance anymore. Friends who are still on the (false) bandwagon don't want to hear reality. The silence says it all when you put your views to them. They still live in their romantic view of the GAA. A GAA of the people. Hah!

I don't feel sorry for myself. I've had great days out with Mayo. What worries me is I have 3 kids 11,10 and 7 and I won't be bringing them to games. They are not going to get the bug! Not from me anyway. How could you introduce them to this? They play and love the game for the club and i will encourage that.

Is that because the players can pick the team and influence managerial selections for finals?

A disgrace they are. Some of those players should be put of the panel.

Can you translate that into English?