Author Topic: Antrim, the way forward  (Read 80919 times)

bannside

• View Profile
Re: Antrim, the way forward
« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2017, 09:08:51 AM »
CB everyone with half a brain knows the problems and the deficiencies. Where the county's shortfalls are. What needs to done. Just like everyone knew thirty years ago when the O Hara report was published.  Youre not saying anything everyone else dosent know.

The difference is we have a proactive, radical and progressive board in situ, who are very obviously getting things done, and all you want to contribute is as much negativity as you possibly can. Are things perfect? No far from it. But some very significant steps have been taken to put a foundation in place.

Are you able to offer anything constructive, any solutions you could personally recommend. Have you a few local businesses you can help co opt onto the SBF, that's already projecting half a million pounds to us over five years. Why don't you help double that total.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:10:45 AM by bannside »

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2017, 11:52:24 AM »
CB everyone with half a brain knows the problems and the deficiencies. Where the county's shortfalls are. What needs to done. Just like everyone knew thirty years ago when the O Hara report was published.  Youre not saying anything everyone else dosent know.

The difference is we have a proactive, radical and progressive board in situ, who are very obviously getting things done, and all you want to contribute is as much negativity as you possibly can. Are things perfect? No far from it. But some very significant steps have been taken to put a foundation in place.

Are you able to offer anything constructive, any solutions you could personally recommend. Have you a few local businesses you can help co opt onto the SBF, that's already projecting half a million pounds to us over five years. Why don't you help double that total.
Of course I recall the "O'Hara report" and am well aware of who commissioned such and how one who was in my humble 'half a brain' opinion a real leader was ousted.
I am sure you can recall the scurrilous campaign launched against that individual BS.....I certainly do and am well aware of those involved.
Really have no time for those who launch 'behind the hand' whispering campaigns, and look at such blame games comments more than prevalent on this Board taken directly from the Tory hand book.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 26, 2017, 12:25:10 PM »
Ok CB in your humble half brain opinion who should be looking after the affairs of Antrim and what are your realistic ideas for Antrimís future... oh and how that would be achieved ..

Donít shy away from it please
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 26, 2017, 01:21:16 PM »
Ok CB in your humble half brain opinion who should be looking after the affairs of Antrim and what are your realistic ideas for Antrimís future... oh and how that would be achieved ..

Have no idea .....but would look to individuals who have a proven record within the confines of a club which has at least ascended to a county senior title, and they had a role therein.

Perhaps like yourself when you come to terms with the fact you are not destined to ref a senior decider, and you make strides to mind your manners.

Have a close look at the credentials of those presently in occupancy and consider.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 26, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »

Have no idea .....but would look to individuals who have a proven record within the confines of a club which has at least ascended to a county senior title, and they had a role therein.

Perhaps like yourself when you come to terms with the fact you are not destined to ref a senior decider, and you make strides to mind your manners.

Have a close look at the credentials of those presently in occupancy and consider.

So youíve no problem giving off about ones putting effort in but offer nothing else, proper barfly!

Iíve no ambitions for refíing county finals, Iím not a brown nose ;) Iím happy doing what I can, putting something back, more than I can say for you
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 26, 2017, 05:22:19 PM »
Touch a nerve MR2......?
Who ever suggested u were a "brown rose"?

Glad to see u do not claim ur ref fee and ex's....and ur nasty comments are completely without foundation.

U certainly do not know me or u would never question my utmost commitment to club and county.

Can really do without ur comments... :'(

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 26, 2017, 05:28:27 PM »
Certainly no one questioning your committment to your club CB, but this is the Antrim way forward thread. Can you offer anything positive to this discussion.

For example, if you, (being within the confines of a club who won  county title...stupid criteria to even begin with) were county chairman what would your one main priority be that would make tangible improvement, and how can this be delivered and funded
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:52:43 PM by bannside »

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 26, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »
Touch a nerve MR2......?
Who ever suggested u were a "brown rose"?

Glad to see u do not claim ur ref fee and ex's....and ur nasty comments are completely without foundation.

U certainly do not know me or u would never question my utmost commitment to club and county.

Can really do without ur comments... :'(

I havenít claimed them

No nerve touched (see smiley face)

I am taking the piss with you, if you donít like it then go elsewhere, wind your neck in or stop slagging yourself

Hiding behind a computer means I can say youíve done nothing as you can be anybody with an axe to grind, which seems to be your form, chip on both shoulders means youíre perfectly balanced...

Youíve yet to give an opinion which is positive

Youíve plenty of comments which I can claim would be nasty, but thus is a silly discussion forum and if you are taking it thick thatís not my problem, but spare me the hard done by shit

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 26, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »
Certainly no one questioning your committment to your club CB, but this is the Antrim way forward thread. Can you offer anything positive to this discussion.

For example, if you, (being within the confines of a club who won  county title...stupid criteria to even begin with) were county chairman what would your one main priority be that would make tangible improvement, and how can this be delivered and funded
Aye right I am stupid BS....but forelock tugging is not a problem I have.
Have been about a while and seen more than a few "new dawns" and although I have no problems with those who hope to lead us onwards I do have problem with individuals like urself who would pour scorn on those who have done their utmost for our county in the past.
Many of those were and do remain my friends, and indeed I still vividly recall the especially nasty campaign which looked to unseat one of the most talented official Antrim ever had.
Do you remember.....?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 26, 2017, 07:05:00 PM »
Remember it well. Democracy shone through in the end and will do so again. I know you CB and yes you are very interested in county affairs and officialdom which has been swimming against the tidefor decades. Surely you can see really good tangible progress?

And if so why the hell are you being so blatantly negative all the time?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 07:06:36 PM by bannside »

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 26, 2017, 07:14:06 PM »
Some craic in here.
Pull the county teams out of all competitions and let everyone focus on their clubs, sure the county is a waste of time  ;)

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 26, 2017, 10:04:34 PM »
Remember it well. Democracy shone through in the end and will do so again. I know you CB and yes you are very interested in county affairs and officialdom which has been swimming against the tidefor decades. Surely you can see really good tangible progress?

And if so why the hell are you being so blatantly negative all the time?

Democracy....was that before or after the court cases which followed BS.....?
Certainly nothing close to democratic as my memory would recall were those events on an occasion which brought little credit to our county.

The unfettered canvassing which prevails at the moment pales into insignificance in comparison to the events of such convention on that occasion.

And as a matter of interest is canvassing within rule ?

And acknowledging the fact that you have insight BS is there a move afoot to terminate the existence of divisional boards ?

Negative...not a bit of me an Antrim man living on the Derry border with the Tyrone frontier a couple of miles up the road must be an eternal optimist or walk through Toome with a bag over my head.... 8).

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 26, 2017, 11:13:30 PM »
Nobodyís covered themselves in glory over the years on the Antrim county board, but there has to be stability... if we keep changing weíll never get anything finished! People come with a five year plan, out the door in two! Doesnít make sense

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 27, 2017, 08:40:14 AM »
Be interested to see where the rules mention canvessing, or deem it illegal. Maybe you could post the relevancy text CB? Thanks.

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 27, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »
Unfettered canvassing! If that's pointed in my direction I need to emphasise once again, I'm totally neutral. I don't represent anybody but my own views. I'm not on the board, don't want to be on a board, never will be on the board. That's a promise.

But what I do represent is ONE opinion that we have by far the best ever "county management committee" that I have seen in over 30 years....speaking as an Antrim gael hoping that our generation can make some meaningful difference.

Just a few years ago things looked depressingly bleak. Half a dozen men got together and said let's do something about this. After two years I am extremely encouraged  with their progress and confident that if they can hang around for another few years Antrim will find itself finally in a strong position.

Most of the work going on is quiet and behind the scenes, but being done in a professional manner with the mutual respect of Ulster and Croke Park officialdom. Why would anyone even think about jeopardising this? Anything else would be like a turkey voting for Christmas.