Author Topic: European Leagues.  (Read 81639 times)

Main Street

• View Profile
Re: European Leagues.
« Reply #1125 on: April 17, 2019, 10:27:23 PM »
Liverpool 2/1 Barca 6/4, that’s an overwhelming difference tbf
I wouldn't take that 2/1 against Liverpool,  I'm sure better odds can be obtained.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 17, 2019, 10:28:41 PM »
I think so.it did slightly touch arm but no intent and didn’t alter flight of ball or anything.

Having a debate on WhatsApp about it. Really could have went either way.

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 17, 2019, 10:29:06 PM »
Just got home looks like i missed a classic in the Etihad. Well done to Spurs. City for all their quality on and off the field they continue to flatter to deceive in Europe.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 10:40:35 PM by Cunny Funt »

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: April 17, 2019, 10:33:12 PM »
Liverpool 2/1 Barca 6/4, that’s an overwhelming difference tbf
I wouldn't take that 2/1 against Liverpool,  I'm sure better odds can be obtained.

Best price was 5/2 in fairness
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 17, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »
That var review at the end was the party pooper of the century.
I loved the sadistic factor.

David McKeown

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: April 17, 2019, 10:48:44 PM »
Reckon the Spurs goal should have stood?  As Rio said, it definitely hit his arm first.  Lineker needs his eyes tested.

I thought it was handball but I think the bigger issue is the problem the goal highlights with VAR. The VAR ref has watched that and must have thought it was handball and a clear and obvious error otherwise he simply tells the on pitch ref to get on with the game. The on field ref on the other hand clearly thought it wasn’t handball.  So had the two refs been swapped the goal wouldn’t even have been referred down. So in no way is the consistency of decision making improved by the use of VAR.

Relatedly I would also have a problem with the VAR on the City goal if they were using the images BT Sport provided.  The camera angle wasn’t in line and no account seemed to be taken of that when drawing the line across the pitch.  Spurs v Chelsea in the League Cup this year highlighted this perfectly. SKY cameras had been calibrated to take account of the fact they weren’t in line and were able to adjust lines accordingly. From those lines it was clear to see Kane was onside for his goal. The camera Chelsea had installed for the game had not be so calibrated and on that Kane looked offside. Chelsea then tried to show the photographs taken from their camera to change the officials mind. I’m addittion the line drawn on the BT Sport image ignore the Spurs defenders elbow. When all that is taken into account I wouldn’t be happy suggesting with any degree of certainty that Aguero was in fact offside. That said the officials may have had other cameras so this may all be moot.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:00 PM »
The keyboard got a bashing after that Manchester City injury time goal was disallowed  ;D

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 17, 2019, 10:49:58 PM »
It’s funny when a goal is ruled out, after a player has gone mental celebrating.

Likewise, it’s bizarre seeing players celebrate after maybe a two minute wait on whether the goal will stand.

Aaron Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 17, 2019, 11:22:32 PM »
Saturday lunchtime for more of City v Spurs.  VAR not invited.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: April 17, 2019, 11:24:58 PM »
Want to see another big Spurs performance in the league. I think Aguero was marginally offside but very close and obviously very harsh on City.

mouview

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 17, 2019, 11:48:59 PM »
Want to see another big Spurs performance in the league. I think Aguero was marginally offside but very close and obviously very harsh on City.

Second season in a row in the CL they've been denied a key goal by a very marginal offside call.
Llorente's goal was more a clearcut infringement than MU's peno at PSG.

Hound

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: April 18, 2019, 07:22:45 AM »
The fact that it slightly brushed Llorente’s arm doesn’t make it handball. Completely different to the PSG and Rose incidents.

Anyone who thinks the Llorente goal shouldn’t have stood should go join Rio in the stupid corner.

Main Street

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 18, 2019, 08:46:02 AM »
The fact that it slightly brushed Llorente’s arm doesn’t make it handball. Completely different to the PSG and Rose incidents.

Anyone who thinks the Llorente goal shouldn’t have stood should go join Rio in the stupid corner.
I thought the ball came off the hip, goal was correct decision. Other pictures show the ball brushing Llorente’s arm, if so then Rio is  correct.

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 18, 2019, 08:52:34 AM »
"As the green shorts leapt and danced it felt like the most fittingly shapeless of winning goals; decisive moment in a competition that refuses to bend to Guardiola’s will but continues to remain thrillingly out of reach. "
– Guardian
Lookit

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 18, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
Guardiola took on a huge job with Man City
Lookit