Author Topic: European Leagues.  (Read 34972 times)

rodney trotter

• View Profile
Re: European Leagues.
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2013, 12:29:13 AM »
Tito Velanova stepped down as Coach of Barca due to the recurrence of the cancer illness.
http://t.co/ZW9xymnCNp

ardal

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2013, 06:09:58 PM »
Tito replaced by a Newell old boy?

Bit of bit*hing behind the scenes I'd think. Think they can certainly continue on from here but wish it had been kept Catala.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2013, 10:22:15 PM »
That was a great game. Delighted Munich scored in the last second hope they win penos now.

Captain Obvious

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2013, 10:31:47 PM »
A better watch than the 2012 Champions league final. Bayern Munich weren't going to lose that penalty shoot out after last minute goal were they?

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2013, 10:32:17 PM »
Enjoyable game alright.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
Bring back Rafa.

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »
Bad slip up by Chelsea near the end, showed enough against bayern to show they could be a force in Europe again this yr

orangeman

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2013, 12:50:19 AM »
Cech is some keeper. He must have saved 6 certain goals.

Unlucky in the end.

Maureen wasn't looking too cool during extra time. He looked almost human.

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2013, 08:48:22 AM »
Great start from Bilbao although Madrid @ 11 tomorrow morning.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2013, 09:15:41 PM »
Anyone watching Hoffenheim v Bayer Leverkeusen tonight?! Seriously strange "goal" scored.

Ball clearly hit the side-netting but went through a hole in the net into the goal and the ref gave it! :o

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2013, 09:57:00 PM »
Mad stuff.

Roma - 8 wins from 8.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Anyone watching Hoffenheim v Bayer Leverkeusen tonight?! Seriously strange "goal" scored.

Ball clearly hit the side-netting but went through a hole in the net into the goal and the ref gave it! :o

Yer man that scored must have been a f**king Biffo...They have previous.

muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2013, 11:17:17 PM »

Kerry did it against Tipperary IIRC.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »

Kerry did it against Tipperary IIRC.

HISTORY often hangs on fickle twists of fate. Go all the way back to 1981 when Offaly and Laois were usually neck and neck in their Leinster hurling championship clashes.

A thrilling and controversial match between the midland rivals ended in a 3-20 to 6-10 win for the Faithful men on their way to the All-Ireland title and the counties have experienced starkly contrasting fortunes since then.Could it have been different? Offaly's Padraig Horan bagged a controversial 'goal' that day -- which he later admitted was wide -- and in September of that year, Liam McCarthy took up residence in Offaly."The game was very tight and I remember cutting inside and having a bullet of a shot that went just the wrong side of the post," he recalls."I remember being absolutely disgusted with myself and then I heard Johnny Flaherty (Offaly corner forward) shouting and looking to claim a goal. The umpire had ducked and the shot went through the side netting so when he looked up it was in the back of the net so he gave the goal.""Anyone who has asked me about it since I have told them the true story."According to Horan, that game "made Offaly." After conceding six goals, it prompted management to change their 'keeper.Christy King made way for Damien Martin, who had won the county's first hurling All-Star 10 years earlier in 1971. That switch would have extraordinary repercussions as Martin made a stunning save to deny Galway late in the All-Ireland final. It seemed as if it had been all written in the stars for Offaly.On Sunday the teams meet again. Offaly are looking for their 14th consecutive championship win over the O'Moore side and, should they achieve that, their reward is a date with All-Ireland champions Kilkenny."I suppose in some ways you are on a hiding to nothing (playing Kilkenny). But it goes in swings and roundabouts. I would fear that hurling has gone back a little bit. Okay, you have the likes of Cork, Kilkenny and a few others who are still playing well, but the rest are a long way off," affirms Horan."You have to be careful with the likes of Laois and Offaly or all the work that has been done will be undone. I was at a meeting recently and we were told that more people than ever are playing hurling. That may be the case but the skill levels seemed to have dropped."Horan's son, Diarmuid, will line out for Offaly at the weekend, while another son, Cathal, withdrew from the panel to concentrate on his final exams. Offaly hurling is at a low ebb at the moment. They lost all of their Division 1B matches including a defeat at the hands of Laois.The experienced players from their 1998 All-Ireland success have all but gone. Gary Hanniffy, the last link to the victorious 1998 starting side, hung up his hurley for the last time after Birr's club final defeat earlier this year. In fact, only Ger Oakley, a sub in '98, remains. So, a clean slate on Sunday for both sides then. History changed because of Padraig Horan and the width of a post.Another fickle twist of fate could change things again.

To make things worse it was my uncle who was the Laois goalkeeper that day.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 11:24:33 PM by laoislad »

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2013, 07:52:05 PM »
Tidy finish from Ibrahimovic today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpqR7JDtqaU&sns=em
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"