Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2511694 times)

BigBallWeeBall

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17400 on: December 15, 2018, 07:50:42 PM »
Beware of touts I was always told.
In Sept clubs advised no change, now after AGMs there is a will to change something that is not being implemented nationwide until 2020. Feel sorry for lads that will not be able to play Feile and those who are 18 and miss out on minor.
Following a late directive is not really planning for future implementation

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17401 on: December 15, 2018, 08:28:51 PM »
Beware of touts I was always told.
In Sept clubs advised no change, now after AGMs there is a will to change something that is not being implemented nationwide until 2020. Feel sorry for lads that will not be able to play Feile and those who are 18 and miss out on minor.
Following a late directive is not really planning for future implementation

Would you also feel sorry for the lads the following year?
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

whatwillbwillb

• View Profile
« Reply #17402 on: December 16, 2018, 07:08:34 AM »
So referees and paid coaches aren’t hard working? I get expenses, I don’t get paid, I’ve a job..

Now Now MR you get a match fee plus travelling expenses for mileage... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) the refs in the south have to declare their match fee to the revenue.....  and i do agree we all work hard irresespective wheter we get a fee or expenses or nought...thats the GAA

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #17403 on: December 16, 2018, 11:28:47 AM »
A few quid, for having to listen to an hour of non stop shite. An absolute bargain.

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #17404 on: December 16, 2018, 04:51:57 PM »
St Brigids u21 champions after a good win over Dunloy today.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

JimStynes

• View Profile
« Reply #17405 on: December 16, 2018, 05:12:11 PM »
A few quid, for having to listen to an hour of non stop shite. An absolute bargain.

Need to get some money to put up with that shite!

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #17406 on: December 16, 2018, 05:29:33 PM »
It was never enough, I can tell ya. And now HMRC want 20% lol? End of refereeing,  as we know it!

Derryboy99

• View Profile
« Reply #17407 on: December 16, 2018, 06:41:09 PM »
St Brigids u21 champions after a good win over Dunloy today.

What happened with flood lights?

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17408 on: December 16, 2018, 08:57:41 PM »
Great boost to St Brigids for division 1 next year. R they intermediate or senior championship next year?

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17409 on: December 16, 2018, 09:09:59 PM »
Great boost to St Brigids for division 1 next year. R they intermediate or senior championship next year?

We won’t know till they decision suppose.. as the  option is still available, great win for a new (ish) Belfast club
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #17410 on: December 16, 2018, 09:16:55 PM »
Commiserations to Dunloy who lost nothing in defeat and will be back competing for this title again next year. But sincere congrats to St Brigids who posted a flag in the ground for the City, first one of the year, and a big statement of intent for their future.

Antrim needs a strong base in the city and St Brigids have now scored their biggest ever success. Well done, enjoy and go build on that. Greg Finnegan has seen a fair bit in his football career, but today could be the highlight, and to do it with his son Patrick leading from front must be particularly satisfying. On today's display Antrim football is not in bad shape. Hopefully St Brigids will go on to hold their own in the Creggan tournament.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17411 on: December 17, 2018, 08:36:45 AM »
we shot ourselves in the foot in the second half with some poor shooting. had we not missed all them chances esp when we were in front it would have made a difference.

A pity but at the same time not too disappointed at losing. Brigids were the strong favourites for the competition and have looked strong all the way through the competition and were worthy winners at the end up.

B county final last year and A county final the following year so we are making big strides there. The lads can now take a well deserved rest now after being on the go for so long.
hurl like f**k boi!

DownFanatic

• Floreat Dunum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17412 on: December 17, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »
Before the creation of St Brigid's what clubs would the players from their catchment area have went to?

outinfront

• An Bhréadach Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #17413 on: December 17, 2018, 09:18:56 AM »
Commiserations to Dunloy who lost nothing in defeat and will be back competing for this title again next year. But sincere congrats to St Brigids who posted a flag in the ground for the City, first one of the year, and a big statement of intent for their future.

Antrim needs a strong base in the city and St Brigids have now scored their biggest ever success. Well done, enjoy and go build on that. Greg Finnegan has seen a fair bit in his football career, but today could be the highlight, and to do it with his son Patrick leading from front must be particularly satisfying. On today's display Antrim football is not in bad shape. Hopefully St Brigids will go on to hold their own in the Creggan tournament.

I thought there was no Creggan tournament this year?
EDIT: I now see that there is.  Was there an issue about u20/u21 teams?
I would say Carryduff will be hard to beat.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 09:20:30 AM by outinfront »

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #17414 on: December 17, 2018, 09:55:10 AM »

I thought there was no Creggan tournament this year?
EDIT: I now see that there is.  Was there an issue about u20/u21 teams?
I would say Carryduff will be hard to beat.

When Does this tournament start? / When is the draw made?