Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2453471 times)

darrenNGA

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #15945 on: May 03, 2018, 12:24:33 PM »
St Endas in Division 1 and playing intermediate championship??

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: May 03, 2018, 12:45:24 PM »
Can anyone stop the Cargin juggernaut?  Relentless stuff.  I actually cant see them losing a game this year in league or championship under this new management.  The real test though is will they be able to mount an Ulster challenge this time around.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: May 03, 2018, 01:00:28 PM »
Can anyone stop the Cargin juggernaut?  Relentless stuff.  I actually cant see them losing a game this year in league or championship under this new management.  The real test though is will they be able to mount an Ulster challenge this time around.

Aging team, wont have it for Ulster, should win Antrim though..Favourites
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Pjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: May 03, 2018, 01:18:09 PM »

Have you seen them this year? I've watched them a couple of times - I wouldn't describe them as a juggernaut - more like a mini with dirty petrol in the tank!

Watched them play St Teresa's on Sunday - one of the poorest games I've seen at any level for some time.  St Teresa's had the game for the taking - missed a penalty and then pressed the self-destruct button with 3 men sent of. 

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #15949 on: May 04, 2018, 09:29:33 AM »
The Saffron Gael team deserve great credit for the effort they are putting in to promote the games online. St Enda's seems to be improved and are being fairly competitive.

Also best wishes to the Gaels of Portglenone for the official opening of their new pitch this weekend. Fantastic achievement.

old timers

• View Profile
« Reply #15950 on: May 04, 2018, 01:08:13 PM »
The Saffron Gael team deserve great credit for the effort they are putting in to promote the games online. St Enda's seems to be improved and are being fairly competitive.

Also best wishes to the Gaels of Portglenone for the official opening of their new pitch this weekend. Fantastic achievement.

Couldnt agree more Curly and the others are doing a great job of keeping everyone up to date on whats happening and where.

BrendanAntrim

• View Profile
« Reply #15951 on: May 05, 2018, 11:49:06 PM »
Minor footballers today scored 0-7 in a big defeat at home to Monaghan. No way does that reflect where we are compared to Monaghan, surely?

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #15952 on: May 06, 2018, 12:23:26 AM »
Minor footballers today scored 0-7 in a big defeat at home to Monaghan. No way does that reflect where we are compared to Monaghan, surely?

What did they score last week, 0-8 ? Im seeing a trend
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ArmaghPaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #15953 on: May 06, 2018, 03:07:01 PM »
Were you at the game Brendan?!? What were your thoughts?!?
What about yourself Minder?!! What trends are you seeing?!!  Constructive feedback from regular attenders is always part of a valuable  learning experience for everyone!

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #15954 on: May 06, 2018, 05:31:31 PM »
Is that the minors over now?

Christmas Lights

• Credo Elvem Etiam Vivere
    • View Profile
« Reply #15955 on: May 06, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »
The juggernaut. Stopped. Stunned by that result. Stunned.

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #15956 on: May 06, 2018, 06:37:01 PM »
St endas have been close in any games they have lost so seem to have given anyone a run for it.

Randalstown seem to be getting some good results in division 2. St brigids seem to have dropped off a bit - i thougt they would be the best team in that league.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #15957 on: May 06, 2018, 07:55:56 PM »
why do you think Cargin are so strong this year? Brennan was a top manager and now they have Cassidy...

ArmaghPaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #15958 on: May 06, 2018, 08:45:05 PM »
Yes Antrim GAA man...sin bhfuil!

country bumpkin

• View Profile
« Reply #15959 on: May 06, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
why do you think Cargin are so strong this year? Brennan was a top manager and now they have Cassidy...
Cargin may well be relegated this year.....sure the Galls are coming this week and likely another defeat looms large....overthehill.com.