Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2511706 times)

Aquazur

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #1455 on: September 19, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »
I'm devastated for the lad.
 ???

Id be devastated if I were you as well C.F

NICSSA

• Con Mag Aoidh, Gleann Fhreabhail
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: September 24, 2007, 01:59:37 PM »
After checking the Antrim Website, Who the hell is responsible for arranging the fixtures?

Next weekend we were due to play Rasharkin but this has been changed as they are in the junior hurling final, the match has been refixed for Sunday 21st October. The day previous we are fixed to play Rossa.

If thats not bad enough over weekend 13/14th October we are down to play Sarsfields on Sunday and Davitts on Saturday (believe it or not at 7.00 in the evening) Also our hurlers have a match scheduled for the Saturday. How is it possible to play 4 matches in 2 weekends as well as throwing in hurling?

The last round of league games were due to be played 10th November but these have been changed to 6th/7th October (originally a free weekend as its county final)

Gold

• talk is cheap but it takes money to buy hot dogs..
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: September 25, 2007, 12:17:36 AM »
I think Stephen Wonder is the new head of fixtures in antrim- sure St Enda's are down to play Sarsfields in Div 2 league on sat at 3 then are down to play Dunloy THAT SAME EVENNG at 830 at Casement in the IFC final!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

milltown row

• get the ball in low
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: September 27, 2007, 03:46:17 PM »
seems the move of cunningham to Naomh Gall has came through according to the hogan stand. can Saffron sam  confirm?

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: September 27, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »
Is the Intermediate final due to be played this weekend? does anyone know the time and venue?

GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

aontroim

• Ni neart go cur le chéile
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: September 27, 2007, 05:05:59 PM »
From the front of the county website;

http://antrim.gaa.ie

JFC / IFC Final on Say 29th under lights.

7pm JFC Ahoghill v St. Agnes'
8:15pm IFC Dunloy v St. Enda's

Glensman

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: September 27, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »
www.antrimgaa.net will sort you out stiffler.
Big poster on there - Under lights.
Junior - Ahoghill v St Agnes 7pm
Intermediate - Dunloy v St Endas 8.15pm

Predictions:
Ahoghill (know nothing of this one)
Dunloy (here's hoping anyway - Dunloy could do with some recognition for battling away at the football as well).

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: September 27, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »
Ahoghill shouldn't be near a junior championship - they're streets ahead of anything in that competition and should win by about ten. They should really challenge for Ulster in that competition too.

The intermediate should be interesting. I think Dunloy may just be too strong but I don't think there'll be much in the game at all. I don't think there's too much of an overlap with the hurlers these days so they shouldn't be impacted in that regard.

I would imagine all the Cunningham chat on the hogan stand site is rubbish.

stiffler

• RIP ONL & THE LADS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: September 28, 2007, 10:11:23 AM »
Cheers lads. Should be a good nights football tomorrow night.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

maxpower

• View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: September 28, 2007, 11:18:11 AM »
intommygunn,

still a right few dual players in Dunloy yet, tomorrow night Gareth McAllister, Paudie Shivers, Colm Cunning, Darren Webb, Conor McKinley, Kevin McQuillian & Cahir Cunning will all be playing and hoping to play the following week.

Although gone are the days when 13 players togged out for both teams, of those above 3 where involved last week against the Dall
What happens next????

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: September 28, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »
Not too many starters there though max...

If all your hurlers played football over the years you'd have had some fine football teams. Pity your football suffered on account of the hurling. Dick O'Kane, Gary O'Kane, patch, Conor Cunning, Elliots etc. would have been very handy footballers.

maxpower

• View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 28, 2007, 03:45:57 PM »
Indeed they were, all these boys did play together for one year, we got to the semi final of the championship only to be beat in a tight game by Cargin over in rasharkin.  Don't think they had trained once all year, but still a very good team
What happens next????

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: September 28, 2007, 03:53:24 PM »
I actually remember being at that game. Gary O'Kane left footed free taker and wee Eamon McKee playing too if I mind rightly.

Blondie Gallagher beat youse that day if I mind rightly. Then Cargin got beat in the final by St Pauls.

saffron sam2

• Not I surely ref.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 28, 2007, 08:25:40 PM »
seems the move of cunningham to Naomh Gall has came through according to the hogan stand. can Saffron sam  confirm?

According to an un-named source close to the player, he will be lining out for for Lamh Dhearg in their next match.  Hope this helps.

Indeed they were, all these boys did play together for one year, we got to the semi final of the championship only to be beat in a tight game by Cargin over in rasharkin.  Don't think they had trained once all year, but still a very good team
I remember another close Dunloy match against St. Gall's also in Rasharkin (part of a double header with St. John's / Cargin (the famed Eddie McToal lasted about 8 seconds)). There is no doubt if all the hurlers had concentrated on the football, Dunloy would have been a great side and a very clean, sporting one at that. Nipper played a bit of football as well.  I always thought Scruff McIlhatton was a half decent footballer.  What ever happened Yucker, haven't seen him mentioned in years.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

theskull1

• View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: September 28, 2007, 08:54:27 PM »
Yucker is down in Clonduff. Married Ross Carr's sister many moons ago and headed down there to put down roots. Think he still teaches up in Belfast (Sean MCGourty's school) if I'm not mistaken? Good lad yucker.

Eventually beat St Galls one year up in Casement. Can't remember the year. Don't know if it was a shock to them or not but Dunloy thought it was a great victory at the time?
It’s a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera