Author Topic: Antrim Football Thread  (Read 2509295 times)

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
Re: Antrim Football Thread
« Reply #17865 on: April 23, 2019, 03:51:10 PM »
Is this in an interview with him?

Kickham csc

• View Profile
« Reply #17866 on: April 23, 2019, 04:20:39 PM »
Must give credit to our new County Chair for his alleged open, frank and honest approach recently in different discussions that have taken place around the Casement debacle, Casement does not belong to Antrim anymore and Corrigan will be the new county ground after its developed... whatever your club loyalties,  at least we now seem to be getting on with the basics internally and for that if true he must be credited for his direct and get things done approach long overdue.
The smart thing would be to create two /3 county grounds.

Corrigan, Toome, Ballycastle.

spread the games.
Down , Armagh, Donegal, Fermanagh, Monaghan have two locations,,  Tyrone and Derry at least two.

Antrim, if interested in developing the whole county, should have a major centre in Belfast and two in the regions

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17867 on: April 24, 2019, 11:32:23 AM »
interesting article in todays irish news about the minor management disappointed in the lack of our players in the county panel.

he should do a bit of research into why our lads dont want to play rather than wonder why. he would get a good eye opener as to the reasons.

hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17868 on: April 24, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
What are the reasons DR? (I genuinely don't know so interested what they are)

Main thing that has stood out to me last few years is the lack of players your club has had given the success your club has had but in terms of conditions etc I wouldn't know.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17869 on: April 24, 2019, 01:44:01 PM »
What are the reasons DR? (I genuinely don't know so interested what they are)

Main thing that has stood out to me last few years is the lack of players your club has had given the success your club has had but in terms of conditions etc I wouldn't know.

our lads went before and after they were there the management told the clubs management they were ok, that they were nothing special, that the county already had 4 or 5 of the same type of our best.

the young lads were told this and what was thought of them. naturally they said the county could go f**k themselves. they went on and won both the county minor hurling and football titles that season.

these lads are exceptionally good players and all were on the U21 team last year that got to the county final, the same lads who were deemed average at best.

id love them to be playing county and at a big scale but why would they when our hurling set up is on par with a county set up? they are well looked after, trained well, coached well, given gym programmes and rehab, physio treatment etc. They will go to whats the best around and our senior hurling set up is as good as it gets.

footballs a second sport despite the lads loving playing it

hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17870 on: April 24, 2019, 02:39:36 PM »
Would the manager not be better talking about the players he has instead? Reads like a post mortem days BEFORE the match

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #17871 on: April 24, 2019, 04:35:41 PM »
Would the manager not be better talking about the players he has instead? Reads like a post mortem days BEFORE the match

Correct me if I'm wrong but is minor club football in Antrim not still U18?

So if this years minor IC team are U17, a better barometer of club strength would have been last years club U16 champions, no?

Might still be Dunloy for all i know...

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17872 on: April 24, 2019, 04:52:52 PM »

Lol exactly.You would think wouldn't you!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17873 on: April 27, 2019, 10:55:36 AM »
Some interesting results in division 1. St Brigid st galls draw, st endas beat by gorts and Cargin beating Creggan well. (The rest probably as expected).

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #17874 on: April 28, 2019, 10:07:18 AM »
Some interesting results in division 1. St Brigid st galls draw, st endas beat by gorts and Cargin beating Creggan well. (The rest probably as expected).

St Endas getting bt is a surprise, looks like they arenít going to push on this season, four games in they should be improving instead of regressing, getting into the top 6 is crucial to their development. Casements doing well to date, but they lost the only game they played against one of the top teams, jurys out? Grt result for St Brigids. They wonít be dropping down. Went to Creggans game, out classed and in truth could have lost by a lot more. They were short four good players but Cargin were short three starters I counted as well. I think they play St Galls next, its a big game for them I feel.

Belfast GAA man

• View Profile
« Reply #17875 on: April 28, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »
With NE paying a hurling manager too this year maybe the players are being stretched more than before. They r flying in the hurling

Last Man

• You wont like it when i get angry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17876 on: April 28, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
With NE paying a hurling manager too this year maybe the players are being stretched more than before. They r flying in the hurling
No different from any other season tbf, injuries to a couple of our work horse players has left us stretched us to the point that any amount  of talent will not compensate for. We need to get a grip of this soon.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #17877 on: April 30, 2019, 10:33:40 AM »
No different from any other season tbf, injuries to a couple of our work horse players has left us stretched us to the point that any amount  of talent will not compensate for. We need to get a grip of this soon.

its difficult to do but with a bit of common sense it can work. we have a good balance at the moment with the hurling set up and players get rested from training for both teams. same goes with matches as well, they dont get played all the time if they hurled at the weekend for instance and then ask them to play on a weds night in the football.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #17878 on: May 02, 2019, 03:22:01 PM »
Some interesting results again last night. Portglenone drawing with the johnnies. St Teresa seem to have stepped it up a bit too. You'd have expected st brigids to be too strong for them.

Division 2 seems quite open as well with results looking up and down.

Dunsilly King

• View Profile
« Reply #17879 on: May 02, 2019, 03:26:49 PM »
Didn't make any games yesterday evening, but for me the notable result was three defeats in a row for Creggan.