Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7639675 times)

toby47

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57405 on: May 15, 2017, 12:34:54 PM »
Derry beat Westmeath 1-16 to 1-15 in a friendly yesterday in Monaghan. Their last warm up match before the Tyrone game is just under 2 weeks time

braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #57406 on: May 15, 2017, 09:04:59 PM »
Another win for Rossa,6 wins out of 6 matches. They are the form Team with the possibility of 2 league titles in a row. But surely their motivation this year will be a lengthy run in the championship. I'm led to believe the draw is on Thursday which will wet our lips for the summer ahead.

36-03-09

• View Profile
« Reply #57407 on: May 15, 2017, 10:02:07 PM »
Club Bradley, sorry, Glenullin, being a shower of shites.

Shocker.

wide as a gate!

• View Profile
« Reply #57408 on: May 16, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »
Another win for Rossa,6 wins out of 6 matches. They are the form Team with the possibility of 2 league titles in a row. But surely their motivation this year will be a lengthy run in the championship. I'm led to believe the draw is on Thursday which will wet our lips for the summer ahead.
same old story with mfelt, a great league campaign then they will fill the drawers come championship time, couldn't see them beating sneil, bderry, coleraine, loup, lavey or even draperstown when it really matters.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57409 on: May 16, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »
same old story with mfelt, a great league campaign then they will fill the drawers come championship time, couldn't see them beating sneil, bderry, coleraine, loup, lavey or even draperstown when it really matters.

I think on their day they are better than most clubs mentioned above. Really kicked on a gear in the last year or two. As I've said before Slaughtneil clear favourites, Ballinderry 2nd favs and mfelt/Coleraine my choices for an outside bet.

Always see a few ones mention Lavey as challengers. Have saw nothing in the past few years to suggest this could be the case? Maybe i'm missing something but I have them way down the pecking order

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #57410 on: May 16, 2017, 10:00:46 AM »

Just like you boys in the final last year then.

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #57411 on: May 16, 2017, 11:15:49 AM »
I was just thinking there of your man Braveheart from Swatragh talking about Enda Muldoon still playing for Ballinderry. I was very close to him last Saturday evening and he is some specimin of a man. He was the best player on the field and he never gave our man Peter Cassidy never got a ball of him the whole game and he is only half his age. What happened him. I was told he was going to be good.

allseasons

• View Profile
« Reply #57412 on: May 16, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »
Club Bradley, sorry, Glenullin, being a shower of shites.

Shocker.

Is PB the only player in the county who gets his games arranged around his part-time job or are there other examples of this?

Tonesfirstandlast I think you just proved beyond all reasonable doubt with your latest post that you're not a real Bellaghy man. In fact not even a real man. :-X

Waataboutyee

• View Profile
« Reply #57413 on: May 16, 2017, 03:36:26 PM »

I think on their day they are better than most clubs mentioned above. Really kicked on a gear in the last year or two. As I've said before Slaughtneil clear favourites, Ballinderry 2nd favs and mfelt/Coleraine my choices for an outside bet.

Always see a few ones mention Lavey as challengers. Have saw nothing in the past few years to suggest this could be the case? Maybe i'm missing something but I have them way down the pecking order
Don't think Bderry are 2nd favourites at the minute. Gareth McKinless and Lee Martin are for the states and Daniel McKinless will miss most of the season. They don't have the back up for that kind of quality.
Slaughtneil clear leaders, Coleraine are possibly biggest threat.
Mfelt, well we'll have to wait and see.
Glen still too young and some are still questioning if they will come or not.
Screen are still not far away.
Lavey, not sure why people still talking about them as being a threat.

wide as a gate!

• View Profile
« Reply #57414 on: May 16, 2017, 03:46:23 PM »

exactly, in the final. something you men have failed to reach in a good few years, we also won a couple too in recent times. you men keep trying to "paint" yourselves as being a better team than you actually are. serial under achievers would be the best description in my opinion

wide as a gate!

• View Profile
« Reply #57415 on: May 16, 2017, 03:50:36 PM »

Don't think Bderry are 2nd favourites at the minute. Gareth McKinless and Lee Martin are for the states and Daniel McKinless will miss most of the season. They don't have the back up for that kind of quality.
wasnt aware those lads were for the states, i agree with most of what you said and would see coleraine as the biggest threat to slaughtneil, especially with there focus this year and having no lads up with the county.
on lavey my opinion would be that on there day they are a very serious threat to any team, big o boyle can be unplayable when he wants too. so id never be confident going into a game with them as they have that potential to give serious bother to any team when they click

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57416 on: May 16, 2017, 04:04:03 PM »

Think you have it summed up quite well. Gareth McKinless is Ballinderry's main man if they get a favourable 1st round draw he will be back for the next round. Wouldn't worry too much about Lee Martin while Daniel McKinless will be back well in time for championship.

Coleraine going well and Decy Mullan back from a bit of travelling will help their cause.

Can't see Glen winning anything with their defence. Saw them twice this year and probably have the worst back 6 in the top league. In their last 2 games they have conceded 1-18 and 1-16 vs Banagher and Claudy..two struggling teams. A top team will wipe the floor with them.

Screen will keep pushing and I think they are a team that can do damage against anyone on their day but hearing a few unhappy reports up that neck of the woods.

lenny

• View Profile
« Reply #57417 on: May 16, 2017, 04:05:35 PM »

exactly, in the final. something you men have failed to reach in a good few years, we also won a couple too in recent times. you men keep trying to "paint" yourselves as being a better team than you actually are. serial under achievers would be the best description in my opinion

Youse totally flopped in the final, just didn't turn up. Also your "recent" wins are history now just like ours. This season is a new year and we'll see how it goes.

The Mexican

• View Profile
« Reply #57418 on: May 16, 2017, 10:35:30 PM »
Been a while since I've been on here. See some Loup men are still "milking" it. I hear there were a few cards shown down in South Derry on Sunday at the "Quigan"

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57419 on: May 17, 2017, 01:13:08 AM »
Few things

ONEDerry mentions headbutting? Glad the previous post clears that up. I don't recall any mention of headbutting from years ago
Bradleys wagging the dog? So the team wanted to play away but Baker/Paddy/Skinner pulled rank? Catch yourselves on.

Skinner hit a referee, served the ban, paid the compensation and that's that
Referee was never to be refereeing senior matches involving Glenullin again. He was not down to referee game until a last minute change which club knew nothing about
Referee's administrator holds hands up and admits mistake and comes to referee game himself.
Loup then refuse to accept this (on what grounds I'm not sure)

No club should dictate who referees their games. But in this case where the referee has taken a court case against a player, receiving compensation and stating he couldnt referee again due to the ordeal and was so traumatised he couldn't work then I feel we are right to make a stand.
But hey we were probably wrong and I'm sure he probably would have did it fairly

As a GAA member, the case you make is against the Association's ethos and yes you are wrong. Not sure who the "we" is? Do you speak on behalf of the club?