Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7389170 times)

side show bob

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57390 on: May 14, 2017, 08:06:54 PM »
The Bradley's trying to wag the dog

Lowintothewind

• View Profile
« Reply #57391 on: May 14, 2017, 09:59:31 PM »
The Bradley's trying to wag the dog

You only realising that now? 
Have you not noticed the love in that has been going since the start of the season between Glenullin & Newbridge?
Games in both senior and intermediate leagues trying to be rescheduled to different times to allow Patrick to play for one and pick up his brown envelope at the other!!  Surprised it has taken the clubs in Derry so long to see this.

restorepride

• View Profile
« Reply #57392 on: May 14, 2017, 11:28:19 PM »
How many times has that happened?

bannside

• View Profile
« Reply #57393 on: May 15, 2017, 07:08:41 AM »
I went to S'neil v Kilrea. Good enough game both sides would be happy enough with a point each. Benny Quigg looked impressive for Kilrea and Barry Mc Guigan still a classy act for Ulster champs. He didn't feature much last year though, what was the reason for that?

ONEDerry

• View Profile
« Reply #57394 on: May 15, 2017, 08:53:48 AM »
Where would you get it? In any right thinking place the ref should be the one walking off or refuse to ref it. After all he was the one that was head butted. Expect another whitewash  :o

oneclubonelife

• View Profile
« Reply #57395 on: May 15, 2017, 08:55:43 AM »
Bankside - I also attended the game and it might be useful to say that S'neil were short 8 first team starters and Patsy and Paul Bradley were called into action for their first game of the season.

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57396 on: May 15, 2017, 09:12:16 AM »
Where would you get it? In any right thinking place the ref should be the one walking off or refuse to ref it. After all he was the one that was head butted. Expect another whitewash  :o

If a ref has been assaulted by a player I'm not sure he should be refereeing games involving that player in future. It leaves him open to accusations of getting revenge by being biased against the player in question.

Of course the player if guilty shouldn't have been permitted to play the game again but that's another matter.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:01:41 AM by The Stallion »

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57397 on: May 15, 2017, 09:34:34 AM »
Heard this morning that Glenullin think they have a case and are hopeful the game will be replayed. Some mess either way

tothetop03

• View Profile
« Reply #57398 on: May 15, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »
Why does Glenullin not like this ref if yous dont mind me asking?

valeman

• View Profile
« Reply #57399 on: May 15, 2017, 09:50:04 AM »

If a ref has been assaulted by a player I'm not sure he should be refereeing games involving that player in future. It leaves him open to accusations of getting revenge by being biased against the player in question.

Of course the player if guilty shouldn't have been permitted to play he game again but that's another matter.

I understand what your saying but if you go down that route whats to stop a club getting a player (maybe one of their older 'players') to attack a ref they don't particularly like just so he cant ref them again.
This is Glenullin and the Bradley's trying to wag the dog as others have said. Every club have a grievance of some sort with certain referees but you cant just refuse to play a game. If they get a replay then this opens a whole can of worms for other teams to get up to all sorts.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57400 on: May 15, 2017, 09:57:57 AM »

Same referee.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12760841

glensman-derry

• View Profile
« Reply #57401 on: May 15, 2017, 10:16:58 AM »
Few things

ONEDerry mentions headbutting? Glad the previous post clears that up. I don't recall any mention of headbutting from years ago
Bradleys wagging the dog? So the team wanted to play away but Baker/Paddy/Skinner pulled rank? Catch yourselves on.

Skinner hit a referee, served the ban, paid the compensation and that's that
Referee was never to be refereeing senior matches involving Glenullin again. He was not down to referee game until a last minute change which club knew nothing about
Referee's administrator holds hands up and admits mistake and comes to referee game himself.
Loup then refuse to accept this (on what grounds I'm not sure)

No club should dictate who referees their games. But in this case where the referee has taken a court case against a player, receiving compensation and stating he couldnt referee again due to the ordeal and was so traumatised he couldn't work then I feel we are right to make a stand.
But hey we were probably wrong and I'm sure he probably would have did it fairly

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57402 on: May 15, 2017, 10:30:25 AM »
Great scrap going on at the foot of the Division 1 table.

Banagher on two points, Swatragh and Dungiven played each other yesterday in a massive game that finished a draw with a full Strength Bellaghy team going down to a Ballinderry side missing 7/8 starters. This is how the bottom half looks.

Team        Pts
Loup           5
Claudy        5
Kilrea         4
Glenullin     4
Bellaghy     4
Swatragh    3
Dungiven    3
Banagher    2

Very close. With only one team going down it will be a dogfight. Wouldn't want to be Hazarding a guess on who will be the ones to go down.

tothetop03

• View Profile
« Reply #57403 on: May 15, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »

Same referee.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12760841

Right i see.... What is the rules on this? I have heard of clubs requesting certain referees not to referee them again not would not be 100% sure if Clubs wishes are carried out or not....

wide as a gate!

• View Profile
« Reply #57404 on: May 15, 2017, 10:49:26 AM »
Few things

ONEDerry mentions headbutting? Glad the previous post clears that up. I don't recall any mention of headbutting from years ago
Bradleys wagging the dog? So the team wanted to play away but Baker/Paddy/Skinner pulled rank? Catch yourselves on.

Skinner hit a referee, served the ban, paid the compensation and that's that
Referee was never to be refereeing senior matches involving Glenullin again. He was not down to referee game until a last minute change which club knew nothing about
Referee's administrator holds hands up and admits mistake and comes to referee game himself.
Loup then refuse to accept this (on what grounds I'm not sure)

No club should dictate who referees their games. But in this case where the referee has taken a court case against a player, receiving compensation and stating he couldnt referee again due to the ordeal and was so traumatised he couldn't work then I feel we are right to make a stand.
But hey we were probably wrong and I'm sure he probably would have did it fairly
Aye sure blame the Loup lol