Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7389163 times)

The Stallion

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #57465 on: May 23, 2017, 12:32:02 PM »
I don't think he is a good keeper but I don't blame him for leaving. Why would you slog your guts out all week only to sit on the bench while a poor managerial team make decisions which hamper the team?

Waataboutyee

• View Profile
« Reply #57466 on: May 23, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »
I don't think he is a good keeper but I don't blame him for leaving. Why would you slog your guts out all week only to sit on the bench while a poor managerial team make decisions which hamper the team?
Agree 100% with you Scallion. Sure why would anybody want to be a sub on the county team. All the subs should leave the panel.

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57467 on: May 23, 2017, 01:35:07 PM »

It was good enough to be on the panel when he was starting and other keepers were on the bench. He has underperformed for a few years in a row and a keeper has came out of minor, made the step up to u21 and is now getting his chance at senior level.

He has the chance to keep the head down and fight for his spot back or set the tools down and leave the panel in the heat of battle. Says a lot about him IMO.

That's not me saying everyone called upto a county panel should never walk away - I understand men going travelling, men have working commitments etc etc but when you have been part of a panel for a few years and happy when getting game time you cant throw the toys out of the pram for getting dropped - especially when not impressing.

quit yo jibbajabba

• View Profile
« Reply #57468 on: May 23, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »
I think what youns are saying is Posties response has definitely not been first class.....

:-[

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57469 on: May 23, 2017, 02:47:26 PM »
Agree 100% with you Scallion. Sure why would anybody want to be a sub on the county team. All the subs should leave the panel.

A keeper isn't going to be brought on during a game barring injury. An outfield player has a much better chance of coming on as sub.

Although I do wonder why anyone would want to be a sub who rarely plays on the County team. I'd rather be training and playing with the club than slogging my guts out and hardly ever playing.

The Clones 500

• View Profile
« Reply #57470 on: May 23, 2017, 03:33:01 PM »
Good article on Derry News Now

https://www.derrynow.com/gaa/thomas-mallon-joins-padraig-cassidy-derrys-exit-door-ahead-tyrone-clash/164280

Derry's missing men:  Michael Conlan, Ciaron O達oyle, Mick O狸ane, Callum Mullan-Young, Eoin McNicholl, Gareth McKinless, Shane Heavron, Eoghan Brown, Emmett Bradley, Oisin Duffy, Dermot McBride, Sean Leo McGoldrick, Christopher Bradley, Ryan Ferris, Connor Kearns, Conor Murphy, Peter Quinn, Niall Holly, Liam McGoldrick, Daniel McKinless, Joe Morgan, Shane McGahon, Shane Mulgrew, Gavin McWilliams, Cailean O達oyle, Declan Mullan, Brian モg McGilligan, Barry McGoldrick, Kevin Johnston, Padraig Cassidy.

c'mon Derry ya boys ya!

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #57471 on: May 23, 2017, 03:36:17 PM »
It's nothing more than a joke with players running off to America and players walking away because they have been dropped and them poor players at that and McCaigue and and Rogers playing hurling against boys who only started playing hurling the week before.
If the Derry County Board knew anything they would give the match to Tyrone and save some money

tonesfirstandlast

• View Profile
« Reply #57472 on: May 23, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »

https://www.derrynow.com/gaa/thomas-mallon-joins-padraig-cassidy-derrys-exit-door-ahead-tyrone-clash/164280

Derry's missing men:  Michael Conlan, Ciaron O達oyle, Mick O狸ane, Callum Mullan-Young, Eoin McNicholl, Gareth McKinless, Shane Heavron, Eoghan Brown, Emmett Bradley, Oisin Duffy, Dermot McBride, Sean Leo McGoldrick, Christopher Bradley, Ryan Ferris, Connor Kearns, Conor Murphy, Peter Quinn, Niall Holly, Liam McGoldrick, Daniel McKinless, Joe Morgan, Shane McGahon, Shane Mulgrew, Gavin McWilliams, Cailean O達oyle, Declan Mullan, Brian モg McGilligan, Barry McGoldrick, Kevin Johnston, Padraig Cassidy.

How is that a good article .. Other than Brown and the back McKinless the only other team any would get on in ulster would be Antrim

toby47

• View Profile
« Reply #57473 on: May 23, 2017, 03:47:15 PM »

How is that a good article .. Other than Brown and the back McKinless the only other team any would get on in ulster would be Antrim

Surely Brown isn't 2nd in that list of player after McKinless?

Good club player, but you are bias/deluded

The Stallion

• View Profile
« Reply #57474 on: May 23, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »
He's both.

Lowintothewind

• View Profile
« Reply #57475 on: May 23, 2017, 03:59:06 PM »
Mark Craig looks to be off the panel too - scoring points for Dungiven against Glen last Sunday.

Mountain Gael

• View Profile
« Reply #57476 on: May 23, 2017, 04:07:56 PM »
Disappointed to read about mallon and cassidy in the paper today, agree with all has been said about walking away from the panel at this stage. says alot about the 2 fellows.
Nervous about sunday,could get beat out the gate but i will be there cheering the lads on, hope they make a fight of it and good luck to the minors as its a big day for them. The county needs a lift as the year so far for all the teams has been very poor. Didnt realise to recently that our u-17s were hammered by cavan in a special ulster championship

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #57477 on: May 23, 2017, 05:02:08 PM »
Mark Craig looks to be off the panel too - scoring points for Dungiven against Glen last Sunday.

Left the panel a good while ago.. Up to his ears with the work I'm told. Pity, the ideal man for Sunday

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #57478 on: May 23, 2017, 05:03:01 PM »

Good old bungalow never fails to deliver  :D

niftyfrom50

• View Profile
« Reply #57479 on: May 23, 2017, 05:30:21 PM »

Is this post serious?? Michael conlan and mick okane aren't even first choice for their clubs at the minute. Would Shane Mulgrew brian og Mcgilligan Gavin McWilliams, Kearns, Quinn Morgan or McMahon make the current slaughtneil team or the ballinderry team of a couple of years ago?
Fair enough we are missing some good players but don't be making excuses for the sake of it