Author Topic: Bloody Sunday killings to be ruled unlawful  (Read 27599 times)

Jim_Murphy_74

• View Profile
Re: Bloody Sunday killings to be ruled unlawful
« Reply #360 on: March 14, 2019, 11:50:22 AM »
Soldier F:  I don't know if he is the oldest and most infirm but he was the one that was most caught out in previous inquiries.  Not just for stonewalling (as many others did) but for outright lies.   He changed his story multiple times, starting when he found out that ballistics tests were done on his rifle.

He is definitely the most open and shut case.

That said he and the other 3 soldiers with him did most of the killing and you wonder why they get off.

/Jim.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 14, 2019, 11:52:40 AM »
Soldier F:  I don't know if he is the oldest and most infirm but he was the one that was most caught out in previous inquiries.  Not just for stonewalling (as many others did) but for outright lies.   He changed his story multiple times, starting when he found out that ballistics tests were done on his rifle.

That said he and the other 3 soldiers with him did most of the killing and you wonder why they get off.

/Jim.

2 of them are dead.

Jim_Murphy_74

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 14, 2019, 12:02:41 PM »

/Jim.

2 of them are dead.

That rules them out then.

/Jim.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 14, 2019, 12:05:11 PM »

/Jim.

2 of them are dead.

That rules them out then.

/Jim.

There is an article in the Spectator today stating he was responsible for 4, not just the 2 they are able to charge him for.

Harold Disgracey

• View Profile

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:09 PM »
Successive Irish governments have been spineless b**tards in all of this.....then again that is no surprise either.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:59 PM »
From the Spectator!
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/the-case-for-prosecuting-bloody-sunday-soldier-f/

Very interesting article.

I think this same unit caused x2 deaths in the Shankill as well if I'm not mistaken ? Although I am unsure of the time frame in comparison to Bloody Sunday if it's an unfair assumption to say the same people could have been involved.

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 14, 2019, 12:13:42 PM »
From the Spectator!
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/03/the-case-for-prosecuting-bloody-sunday-soldier-f/

Very interesting article.

I think this same unit caused x2 deaths in the Shankill as well if I'm not mistaken ? Although I am unsure of the time frame in comparison to Bloody Sunday if it's an unfair assumption to say the same people could have been involved.
Ballymurphy would be another. Both Derry and Ballymurphy were the 1st battalion and were only 7 months apart. Maybe F got a taste for it and knew he could get away with it after Ballymurphy!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:17:06 PM by LeoMc »

LeoMc

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 14, 2019, 12:16:06 PM »
I wonder how history would have different here if Jackson could have put his hands up in 1972 and admitted one 1 brick went rogue and the 4 offenders had been court-martialled and demobbed.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 14, 2019, 12:17:56 PM »
Successive Irish governments have been spineless b**tards in all of this.....then again that is no surprise either.

I find the words ‘Irish government’ and ‘spineless b**tards’ usually appear in the same sentence.

Just like the one above.

Sheugh Water

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 14, 2019, 03:46:10 PM »
Mood not at all good here in Derry today.

British b**tards

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 14, 2019, 04:06:21 PM »
Extremely disappointing but not a massive surprise. Must be devastating for the families

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 14, 2019, 04:40:23 PM »
Bradley’s speech in Parliament was the giveaway. Once I heard that, it put the tin hat on things.

Now, the Brits can more or less tell the families, that’s the end of that. Go away and don’t bother us any more. The same thing will happen with Ballymurphy and the whole Legacy thing will become pointless.

Insane Bolt

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 14, 2019, 04:59:48 PM »
The fact that spineless twat Williamson has said soldier F will have full legal support and welfare is damning. Bloody Sunday had soldiers acting on orders of superior officers, with the full backing of government. Incredibly sad for the families and I don’t know where they go from here.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 14, 2019, 04:59:58 PM »
Correct - this will be the last attempt at any prosecution.  Everyone else gets off....probably already promised to the DUP.