Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 4231671 times)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #39165 on: May 23, 2019, 07:53:39 PM »
Going by the team sheets CíDall were missing a brave few. Iíd say there wasnít much sleep lost about beating Rossa by a few points. Itíll be a Dall or Dunloy victory again this year. Has Sean Delargy packed it in?

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #39166 on: May 24, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »
Going by the team sheets CíDall were missing a brave few. Iíd say there wasnít much sleep lost about beating Rossa by a few points. Itíll be a Dall or Dunloy victory again this year. Has Sean Delargy packed it in?

Hard to see Aaron Graffin back either considering he's just went through a kneecap operation.

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #39167 on: June 01, 2019, 05:56:18 AM »
Apparently our match is on GAANOW through the gaa.ie website, not to be confused with be subscription service GAAGO

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39168 on: June 01, 2019, 03:15:14 PM »
Man down within ten mins! Ffs
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

seafoid

• View Profile
« Reply #39169 on: June 01, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »
Cracking match
Lookit

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39170 on: June 01, 2019, 04:44:43 PM »
Fair play to those players out today! Amazing result
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

MoChara

• View Profile
« Reply #39171 on: June 01, 2019, 04:50:31 PM »
What was Burke sent off for?

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39172 on: June 01, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »
Delighted with that result. That is a tough competition and fair play to all involved. Great result.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #39173 on: June 01, 2019, 09:26:04 PM »
30 years ago, it was Antrim v Offaly in Croke Park in an All Ireland senior hurling semi final. The intervening period hasn't been kind to either county.

groundlie

• View Profile
« Reply #39174 on: June 01, 2019, 11:36:54 PM »
Wonít be forgetting the familyís visit to tullamore today In a hurry! What a great attendance, itís a pity we never draw crowds like this at home. The lads where phenomenal- next stop Croke Park!

Clarke, Malloy and McNaughton were unplayable. Our defence really isnít good though- needs a lot of work.

Seeing McManus crying after the final whistle was a powerful image - the man is unbelievable.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39175 on: June 03, 2019, 09:55:51 AM »
unreal result and what a game. Its a long time since ive found myself roaring at the tv at our county seeing them do so well. There might be light at the end of this long tunnel yet folks!

sets up a massive game this weekend in Dunloy. I suspect we might see a big crowd there for this game!
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39176 on: June 03, 2019, 10:00:31 AM »
There are some very good hurlers coming through from your club DR who are really starting to complement the experience of the likes of McManus, Donnelly, Clarke etc.

I still think beating Westmeath is a big ask as they seem to be very good these days but we have a chance and great to see some real enthusiasm round the county team again. Looking forward to it.

north_antrim_hound

• View Profile
« Reply #39177 on: June 03, 2019, 10:26:24 AM »
Westmeath at home with the standard we had in  tullamore is very winnable
The lads must be putting in a fierce amount of work.
Bar Tipp they are the most improved team in the country. You can see a system and structure to their play now that wasnít there last year, we just need some consistency now as we have had good days like Saturday before but didnít back it up next day out.

Come on the Saffs
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:35:51 PM by north_antrim_hound »

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39178 on: June 03, 2019, 10:35:21 AM »
unreal result and what a game. Its a long time since ive found myself roaring at the tv at our county seeing them do so well. There might be light at the end of this long tunnel yet folks!

sets up a massive game this weekend in Dunloy. I suspect we might see a big crowd there for this game!

Was in the car on Sat doing the same, roaring at the radio commentary, which was very biased ! though in fariness at the end they were full of praise for the Antrim lads

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39179 on: June 03, 2019, 12:51:57 PM »
There are some very good hurlers coming through from your club DR who are really starting to complement the experience of the likes of McManus, Donnelly, Clarke etc.

I still think beating Westmeath is a big ask as they seem to be very good these days but we have a chance and great to see some real enthusiasm round the county team again. Looking forward to it.

Have to say ive been very impressed with the lads since they have been with the county. the likes of Phelim Duffin has come on massively as a defender and you can see that now in the club games. Keelan Molloy is a joy to watch now, much the same as James McNaughton. two brilliant young forwards who can only just get better and better.

You can see all of the players have bought into being a county player, the lifestyle, the training etc and also that one thing that was probably missing - the passion and pride in the shirt.

It could be disappointment this weekend but there is the shoots of hope there for the future.
hurl like f**k boi!