Author Topic: ANTRIM HURLING  (Read 4225954 times)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
Re: ANTRIM HURLING
« Reply #39075 on: March 21, 2019, 09:18:01 AM »
the reserve leagues a bit light this year i see. At a time when we want to give young lads games after they leave minor theres going to be periods of nothing for them at all. Pity to see that.

Is the North Antrim league running this year? i think South Antrim are running Hurling this year, maybe some SA teams playing in it instead as its a Monday night and means lads that dont get a run in the senior game or only 10-15 mins can then play a full reserve game on the monday night.

North Antrim league runs every year. Usually a competitive enough competition yo.

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39076 on: March 21, 2019, 01:48:24 PM »
the reserve leagues a bit light this year i see. At a time when we want to give young lads games after they leave minor theres going to be periods of nothing for them at all. Pity to see that.

Is the North Antrim league running this year? i think South Antrim are running Hurling this year, maybe some SA teams playing in it instead as its a Monday night and means lads that dont get a run in the senior game or only 10-15 mins can then play a full reserve game on the monday night.

North Antrim league runs every year. Usually a competitive enough competition yo.

The Z'ds do well, and for years the south antrim league ran pretty well. When  the Johnnies Rossa ourselves Sarsfields st pauls and the rest join in its a very good South Antrim leauge.
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #39077 on: March 21, 2019, 02:12:42 PM »
The half paced hurling seems to be well run and organised..

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39078 on: March 21, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »
The half paced hurling seems to be well run and organised..

Iím too competitive for that malarkey!
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

ciaran1988

• View Profile
« Reply #39079 on: March 22, 2019, 05:11:35 AM »
Would be good if the fixture of the week was set for an evening throw in like what happened a few times last year. Would be great to go watch the game of the week (Cushendall v Loughgiel this week) after playing in my own game on a Sunday

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39080 on: March 22, 2019, 11:22:54 AM »
Would be good if the fixture of the week was set for an evening throw in like what happened a few times last year. Would be great to go watch the game of the week (Cushendall v Loughgiel this week) after playing in my own game on a Sunday

I was saying this the other day to a mate. Im for our game on sunday at Rossa and its a pity that the Lgiel v Cdall game isnt on later so you could get to see it as well.

Be nice if their was a feature game on a sat afternoon for example that could draw a big crowd to it for the neutral then the rest of the games on a sunday.
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

• View Profile
« Reply #39081 on: March 22, 2019, 11:34:52 PM »
Good win for St Endas tonight, Mark Donaghy the ex CíDall player a boost for them.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39082 on: March 23, 2019, 12:07:50 AM »
Good win for St Endas tonight, Mark Donaghy the ex CíDall player a boost for them.

Endas missing a few also, looking at team sheet

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39083 on: March 24, 2019, 07:19:49 PM »
Big win for loughgiel. Actually ended up at portaferry ballycran game as I was in that neck of the woods. Some dodgy reffing ;) but deserved win for portaferry.  Be interested to see the cushendall and loughgiel line ups. Most results went as expected looking on the county web site.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39084 on: March 24, 2019, 07:25:22 PM »
Big win for loughgiel. Actually ended up at portaferry ballycran game as I was in that neck of the woods. Some dodgy reffing ;) but deserved win for portaferry.  Be interested to see the cushendall and loughgiel line ups. Most results went as expected looking on the county web site.

Local derby first match of season, best team won.. ref pulled calf abou ten to go!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39085 on: March 24, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »
It was an alright game but conditions rough enough which spoiled it a bit. Yeah best team won. Didnít notice the ref pulling up lol. Ballycran boy at start of second half looked to pick up a bad injury and didnít look like anyone near him either.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #39086 on: March 24, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »
It was an alright game but conditions rough enough which spoiled it a bit. Yeah best team won. Didnít notice the ref pulling up lol. Ballycran boy at start of second half looked to pick up a bad injury and didnít look like anyone near him either.

Sticky pitch which doesnít help, he was in pain though, to be fair to Crans they had a very physio on board.

Iím on the roller now, getting ready for the football next week!

imtommygunn

• View Profile
« Reply #39087 on: March 24, 2019, 07:58:18 PM »
16 of 19 points for mcnaughton! Two strong teams out.

Dunloy realist

• View Profile
« Reply #39088 on: March 25, 2019, 08:34:43 AM »
tough enough game yday for ourselves at Rossa. i thought we were good for the win but at the same time Rossa stuck with us until the last 5/10 mins of the game.

Didnt know the ref from our game but he was pretty decent and let the game go for the hour. Lots of physical tackles that didnt go over board and he let the game flow.

McGuiness had a good game yday for Rossa and the same as young murphy.
hurl like f**k boi!

Gaateambuilding

• View Profile
« Reply #39089 on: March 25, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »
GAA Team Building are proud to offer our services across all 3 GAA Codes. We take great pride in being based in the stunning Glens of Antrim and also in the affordability of all our packages.  Our weekends are tailored to suit each managers specific needs.  Within a typical weekend we offer the following

- A skills session with one of our All Star Coaches
- Team Bonding Exercise In our iconic locations
- Physical Training Session with our S&C Expert
- Group Session with our Highly acclaimed Sports Psychologist
- Superb Accommodation
- All meals included in the price (Breakfast, Lunch and Evening meal included)
- Challenge game against suitable accommodation

For more information email us at gaateambuilding@hotmail.com or check out our Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/gaateambuilding/

Kind Regards